Page 107 of 135 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    You mean how DC was during the New 52?
    If it pleases you. But then again, our tastes don't align at all.

Welp: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/03...em-off-for-5g/

Either Bleedingcool got this really wrong or the plan went through some major changes.

BANNED

I guess that means most silver age and to up happened in that last 20 years. So side by side the main Characters with their legacies.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Welp: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/03...em-off-for-5g/

Either Bleedingcool got this really wrong or the plan went through some major changes.
    Or Jim Lee is just trying to not stoke any flames/fears.

Didn't Didio once claim the New 52 wasn't a reboot?

I still think it can be classic Earth 2 concept if they wanted. Characters like Superman and Batman aged up to where they have Grey Temples and are semi-retired and the new younger characters fill in for them unless they are needed. It worked out well for All-star comics/the JSA which is why we got characters like Powergirl and Star-Spangled Kid/Skyman. We don't even have to be too old, like 50 or 60 is acceptable, personally I never understood why aging meant something along the lines of retirement home age.

Either way I guess were bound to hear more in the coming months I suppose, so lets wait see what this will all look like I guess.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It was Rebirth's tagline. "It's not a reboot, and it never was".
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well if Lee is being literal with his statement and not trying to divert the rumour mill, I might not give up on DC entirely like I was going to with 5G. I'm down to 2 ongoing DC comics and trade waiting on the White Knight series at the moment so if DC can pull their act together, I'm happy to spend more of my money on their books.

I'm just not sure if DC has the capacity to theoretically have multiple major comics lines per generation. Unless 5G is more like an Ultimate timeline?

Signs still point to replacements/ or at least new heroes? What Lee said doesn't exactly discount that.

The little nuggets we're getting from the #750 issues also suggests stories to be told in the golden age. Though these plot threads could end up just being resolved in the Generation one shots. Would be kind of a waste though...

It's strange. Current major story arcs point to "end of character" type stuff. Particularly with Batman and Flash so I have no idea what's going on.

Given how DC can't stick to a plan even when they're not hemorrhaging creators and managers and editors, I doubt they really know what's going on either.

And yes Frontier, Didio (and everyone else at DC) swore up and down that the New52 wasn't a reboot. It obviously was, and they obviously lied to try and keep fans from rioting. I see no reason to expect any more honesty or transparency now.

Hell, we already know it's a reboot. Is the history different from what it is right now? Is it different from any other version we've had? Yes. It's a change in continuity across the entire line. So what the hell else would it be called if not a reboot? It'll be a relaunch too, with new directions, titles, and creators (and new #1's I'm sure, even though DC said they wouldn't do that anytime soon) but it is most certainly another reboot.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah... I'll guess I'll wait and see what Bleedingcool thinks is going on tomorrow since they apparently have some new information.

Incredible Member

It looks like no-one left in editorial post-DDD has any great faith in 5G, but The Bosses (who fired Didio for non-5G reasons) are still on board with it, some of it (WW & Flash #750s, notably) is already in print, Gen One & FCBD Gen Zero are solicited, the other one-shots are announced and some of the books' creative work is well underway (and thus, paid for). So they can't scrap it entirely, but they're going to scale it back to the minimum they can get away with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    It looks like no-one left in editorial post-DDD has any great faith in 5G, but The Bosses (who fired Didio for non-5G reasons) are still on board with it, some of it (WW & Flash #750s, notably) is already in print, Gen One & FCBD Gen Zero are solicited, the other one-shots are announced and some of the books' creative work is well underway (and thus, paid for). So they can't scrap it entirely, but they're going to scale it back to the minimum they can get away with.
    Has it been confirmed what he was dismissed for

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Has it been confirmed what he was dismissed for
    The suggestion on Bleeding Cool was, "that he was fired, for cause, for 'fostering a poor work environment' – as evidenced, as we previously stated, by significant departures at the publisher by editors. " i.e., too many people quit rather than continue working with him.

Nothing official has been said, nor is it likely to be.
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 03-05-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    The suggestion on Bleeding Cool was, "that he was fired, for cause, for 'fostering a poor work environment' – as evidenced, as we previously stated, by significant departures at the publisher by editors. " i.e., too many people quit rather than continue working with him.

Nothing official has been said, nor is it likely to be.
    Ah ok, thanks

Heard that bit thought it had been confirmed

I imagine your right, at least we won't get a solid confirmation for a real long time

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...on-five-pause/

Sounds like Coronavirus is messing with 5G.