Page 59 of 135 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Ten years in the future isn't that far. It's not Batman Beyond far. Bruce would be what, 40's, maybe 50's?

And with Bruce apparently running things from the Batcave, my hope is that they let him marry Selina and have Helena and that's why he "retires" (or moves behind the scenes). The Bat/Cat book with that promised "change for a generation" is still coming and DC dictated to Tynion the filler guy to keep him and Selina as a couple in his run, so...maybe that could happen?

It's unfortunate that the Titans generation, and their kids, has been decimated. If they hadn't been, then we could have had Lian Harper, Iris and Jai West, and Robert Long among the G5s. (I'm getting flashbacks to the Kingdom Come Titans.)

Conversely, “they got married and had kids” would be a great way to retire quite a number of superheroes. Lois and Clark already went into retirement once to raise Jonathan; what if they have another kid (Karen, maybe)? Lilyrose has already pointed out the Batman/Catwoman/Helena possibility. Arthur and Mera could be “sidelined” raising Arthur Jr. Let Barry marry Iris and raise the Tornado Twins. Hal and Carol could get married and have a kid or two, as could Ollie and Dinah. Heck, I'd even be up for Diana and Steve getting married and giving us a Primary Earth version of Lyta Trevor. Mind you, none of these kids would be old enough, even with a ten-year skip, for G5; but still…
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

If the New 52 never happened do we think this 5G thing would be happening...

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Besides what's mentioned in the article, he also wrote an episode of Justice League--Hearts and Minds, I think. There was a rumor that he and McDuffie didn't get along, but he's got credentials. Will be interesting to see where this goes. Would've thought there'd be more news on Wonder Woman by now since she's rumored to be the first to be replaced.
    That's what I've been saying, no rumored candidates and no rumored writer or artist.

Either the Wonder Woman side of things has no leaks or DC doesn't have any Wonder Woman candidates not only in terms of who's taking over the mantle but who's taking over the book.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    I dont understand this timeskip thing, with next year being 2020 and having comics that are 10 years in the future or more. Seems like it could cause some confusion and complications with dates.
    Sure there has been comics set in the future before but they were kind of elsewords storylines.
    Woah, where are we getting 10 years from, these are suppose to be young heroes taking over old mantles, not heroes who look the same age as the heroes we have now; a 10 year time-skip would put Jon at almost 30 and have Luke in his 30's.

I don't know what BC means by "older Bruce Wayne" b/c I don't know how old Bruce Wayne is suppose to be now, don't know if a time skip will happen, hell the timeline shows 80 plus years of DC, compacted into 60 plus years, for all we know something happens and some of those years will "come back" and take effect aging our OG heroes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    New 52 was done because certain characters with kids made Batman & Superman look old.

So Tim Drake's generation was trashed.
    Everything that made Jaime & Static popular was taken away.
    Jason Rusch got hosed.
    Wally got erased.
    Dick's generation got crapped on.
    Black Lightning & Green Arrow lost their kids.
    Guys like John Stewart lost his dead wife and entire family.

Now we get rebirth and Batman & Superman have kids-who are becoming teens depending on who the writer is.

Now we got another event where random folks are taking over. Not the ones who would follow in those steps of the elders.

Actually there already is rumors for Wonder Woman. If you guys go on the Wonder Woman forum than the rumor character is a non binary character. The writer might be Steve Orlando

I hope this crashes and burn. Dc really doesn’t understand why who their characters are. When they announce This they stated this would be characters the characters would know

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Now we got another event where random folks are taking over. Not the ones who would follow in those steps of the elders.
    Presumingly.

Katma's death was still canon. In fact, I think we saw more of John's family during the Van Jensen run then we had seen in a decade.

New 52 was done because certain characters with kids made Batman & Superman look old.

So Tim Drake's generation was trashed.
    Everything that made Jaime & Static popular was taken away.
    Jason Rusch got hosed.
    Wally got erased.
    Dick's generation got crapped on.
    Black Lightning & Green Arrow lost their kids.

Now we get rebirth and Batman & Superman have kids-who are becoming teens depending on who the writer is.

That's what I mean, the New 52 essentially ruined some of the legacy characters to the point DC is skipping over them for other characters to become successors to these old mantles.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Actually there already is rumors for Wonder Woman. If you guys go on the Wonder Woman forum than the rumor character is a non binary character. The writer might be Steve Orlando
    Unless BC says they are "hearing so-and-so" like they've done with the other information than it's just mindless speculation from them which means nothing has leaked from DC.

Also the person who inspired that BC article about that non-binary character is just assuming this non-binary character is taking over Wonder Woman and is referring to the character as a he and a gay male, a male character is not gonna replace a female character, and it doesn't make sense for a non-binary character to replace a female character when there are tons of male characters they can replace, just as it doesn't make sense for a character who doesn't identify as a woman to take the name Wonder Woman, the mantle of DC's premiere female character.

That twitter account is also disregarding the male character next to Elysian who's in full space get up, if anything both characters seem space related and not Wonder Woman related at all, I can see them guest starring but actually taking over, idk about that.

Edit: I could be wrong, I don't think I am, in which case there are still no Wonder Woman rumors, a couple of speculation but no rumors.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-10-2019 at 09:39 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This isn’t true for jon,at least. you can say that everyone hates it. But, jon has been foreshadowed multiple times and been setup to take the mantle of superman since jurgens introduced him. Since, jon was given the cape in lois and clark. Tomasi had him dream of being superman.there was also hybrid vigour set up by tomasi and jon's new appetite for food in bendis run. Jon survived and kept his strength in a no sun environment inside a volcano for years. The kid is powerful enough to be superman .
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-10-2019 at 10:56 PM.

BANNED

DC has been doing this thing recently where they're trying to get black writers for black characters. Manapul is supposed to be reworking his Aquaman: Earth One stuff. With Jason Mamoa playing Aquaman, I wouldn't be surprised if 5G Aquaman is asian or polynesian.

They're probably trying to hire a female writer for 5G Wonder Woman to create an original character or repurpose and existing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I definitely don't see it happening.
    I think it could go either way. We have only heard reports that the big names are set, not every character.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    DC has been doing this thing recently where they're trying to get black writers for black characters. Manapul is supposed to be reworking his Aquaman: Earth One stuff. With Jason Mamoa playing Aquaman, I wouldn't be surprised if 5G Aquaman is asian or polynesian.
    That's still happening ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's still happening ?
    That's the rumor from November:

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingCool View Post
    But we have learned something about else the new 5G Aquaman. That is sourced in the usual fashion. From the usual suspects. With the usual reliability. Whatever you think that may mean.

We have been told that the Aquaman treatment for 5G will be from Francis Manapul. And that it will a repurposing of a number of his original plans for the formerly-announced-then-delayed Aquaman Earth One story, part of a series of original graphic novels published by DC as a separate continuity.

Originally planned for 2015, it repeatedly delayed as Manapul became busy on other projects, including Trinity, No Justice and his current Justice League run. He has Justice League #35 out tomorrow. But then?

I don’t know how, or who, Aquaman will be in this story, now who it will be changed from its original plans, but it will be a handy way to reuse the materials already prepared. And bring them back into the DCU Timeline…
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...-dc-comics-5g/

I think someone here guessed Koryak.

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-11-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

I honestly don't think so. New 52 essentially proved that drastic changes to the DC Universe can bring you major success. With New 52 essentially being more successful sales wise than Rebirth, it makes sense that it gives DC the courage to move forward with 5g, especially since (according to rumors) the current echelon will still be having books released under a different label.