Page 40 of 135 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    When did they say Batman was having a daughter with Catwoman??
    King did a flash-forward of his run that had Helena Wayne and I think they've teased the possibility of a kid in interviews a few times.

Also I hear talk of a time-skip. Is that concretely confirmed? Obviously time is going to have to skip again for Jon, but I haven't heard anything about time for the DCU altogether jumping ahead.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    King did a flash-forward of his run that had Helena Wayne and I think they've teased the possibility of a kid in interviews a few times.
    Hmm, didn't catch the interviews you're talking about, but King has 12 issues to work with, and he says it's supposed to be really big stuff.

I am starting to wonder if we are gonna get a "_____years later" situation for 5G? Like, Aquaman is about to have a kid, and I can see a few characters positioned for some sort of small timeskip. Since they'll likely not want to go too far with it I'm guessing 4 years is the max. That works out because that would make Jon roughly 21, thus being a young adult/"Superman." But what does that do to the likes of Young Justice, ya know?

I had a theory that may interest you in particular as a Legion fan actually. Basically, 4 years pass for Jon and the Legion, but only about a year or 2 pass for everyone else. This lets Bendis do his version of 5YL for the Legion while keeping up the college metaphor, and it pushes forward everyone in the present without aging them too much. If Snyder's Crisis book is to be the jumping off point for this, then the timeskip acts like a fresh start for the new number ones. It also pays a bit of homage to Johns' IC.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Also I hear talk of a time-skip. Is that concretely confirmed? Obviously time is going to have to skip again for Jon, but I haven't heard anything about time for the DCU altogether jumping ahead.
    The new timeline is already going to lengthen things up, and 5G will probably have whoever the replacements are aged to the point where they could feasibly take over the main mantles.
    I am starting to wonder if we are gonna get a "_____years later" situation for 5G? Like, Aquaman is about to have a kid, and I can see a few characters positioned for some sort of small timeskip. Since they'll likely not want to go too far with it I'm guessing 4 years is the max. That works out because that would make Jon roughly 21, thus being a young adult/"Superman." But what does that do to the likes of Young Justice, ya know?
    I guess they get prequel comics?
    I had a theory that may interest you in particular as a Legion fan actually. Basically, 4 years pass for Jon and the Legion, but only about a year or 2 pass for everyone else. This lets Bendis do his version of 5YL for the Legion while keeping up the college metaphor, and it pushes forward everyone in the present without aging them too much. If Snyder's Crisis book is to be the jumping off point for this, then the timeskip acts like a fresh start for the new number ones. It also pays a bit of homage to Johns' IC.
    I guess Bendis' Legion will be too "fresh" or creatively his to have the new timeline effect them too much, although I don't think a time skip would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess Bendis' Legion will be too "fresh" or creatively his to have the new timeline effect them too much, although I don't think a time skip would be a good idea.
    Well apparently in issue 1 of the book there's already going to be clues and hints at the new 5G stuff (and stuff regarding to Jon). I honestly think we already got some hints in Millennium issue 2 where all of those continuity shifts were represented in the museum. I'm think the 20th to 21st centuries being f&%ked up in terms of timeline is common knowledge by the 25th century.

I honestly think think a 4 year time skip could work for the Legion. Bendis gets about a year or so for Year One, the freshmen adventures, and establishing characters and the world, then "4 years later" hits. I'm also thinking of this in terms of marketability, you know? DC's got there whole 5G think coming up, and that's gonna mean new #1's and a push for the whole line. Doing a Legion "season 1" and "4 years later" alongside 5G gives the book a similar (in theory) bump, and it plays into the whole Ultimate style take he's doing.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Hmm, didn't catch the interviews you're talking about, but King has 12 issues to work with, and he says it's supposed to be really big stuff.

Young justice really doesn't have an age restriction. Does it? In the show dick basically a young man. It's about time conner grew up.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Young justice really doesn't have an age restriction. Does it? In the show dick basically a young man. It's about time conner grew up.
    No, you're right, it doesn't. I'm just thinking about how the branding works. I'm in particular thinking about Conner. If he's say 21 like Jon (them being about the same age now), then who is Superboy? We assumed that since Jon was joining the Legion that he'd end up being Superboy from here on, but with 5G becoming a thing, that doesn't seem to be the case after he gets back home. So I figured Conner would rep the Superboy title with him being about 18 or 19 after a time skip.

I'm also remembering the timeline that Didio showed, and it says that Jon comes back aged about a year later after going to the future. So I figure it's 4 years for him, and about a year or two for everyone else.

Nevermind lol
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-22-2019 at 10:25 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

No, you're right, it doesn't. I'm just thinking about how the branding works. I'm in particular thinking about Conner. If he's say 21 like Jon (them being about the same age now), then who is Superboy? We assumed that since Jon was joining the Legion that he'd end up being Superboy from here on, but with 5G becoming a thing, that doesn't seem to be the case after he gets back home. So I figured Conner would rep the Superboy title with him being about 18 or 19 after a time skip.

I'm also remembering the timeline that Didio showed, and it says that Jon comes back aged about a year later after going to the future. So I figure it's 4 years for him, and about a year or two for everyone else.
    There was a period where there was no superboy. Codenames are trivial anyways. They slap one on anytime.which reminds me are they having legal issues with superboy again?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    There was a period where there was no superboy. Codenames are trivial anyways. They slap one on anytime.which reminds me are they having legal issues with superboy again?
    Yeah but it's an IP, and name recognition is a thing. Just not having the name Superboy around at all would be a bit odd. And no, I'm pretty sure the matters regarding the Superboy IP have been settled.

Maybe Lor-Zod will be the new Superboy post time skip? That'd be wild lol I mean, the Els and Zods are now on good terms, and Lor would only be about 13 to 15 max (he's comparable in age to kid Jon who was 11 going on 12 before he left for space) depending on how much of a time skip we see. Though, now that I think about it, I strongly doubt that Lor-Zod would ever wear the S. But it could be nice to see him maybe looking up to Jon a bit given the fact that the kid was there the moment Jon made history and created the UP.

It's honestly hard to say. We live in very fascinating times as DC fans. Everything's a little ball of possibility.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I'm all for Jo becoming the new GL main. She has such a cool design...and to be a bit honest, I'm kind of down for a soft reboot. I haven't been interested in a lot of DC titles and I feel like some fresh blood could be interesting. At least for now, I know some won't stick haha.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I know it's the least likely thing in the world right now given the fact that he's just now getting of his Deathstroke run, but boy-o-boy would I love it if Christopher Priest came back to Justice League. I'd love to see his take on a new generation of the League complete with new interpersonal dynamics to play with.

Even though I've greatly enjoyed Snyder's run, and I feel like Priest got out what he was aiming for with his in between run, I think he's got a distinctly modern and consistently high quality Justice League run in him. Man, that'd be something else.

I'd just like Avery Ho has the main Flash. And damn it, would it kill DC to actually use European characters in a big mantle, instead of the either derivative or terribly cliche (or sometimes utter mess - I'm looking at you Crimson Fox, with your cobra-like costume!) ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I just heard that Boomerang 2 is going to be the Flash and this whole 5G thing gives me a similar feeling of WTF when I saw Scott Snyder's No Justice where he throws random characters in different teams because it looks fun. Except unlike No Justice where pairing Beast Boy with Lobo does sound like it could be fun because of the possible funny interaction, this one is just WTF.
    Boomerang 2 is Bart Allens Half Brother after all, at least in pre flashpoint (but please don't ask me how this worked ...), so he is somehow related with Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'd just like Avery Ho has the main Flash. And damn it, would it kill DC to actually use European characters in a big mantle, instead of the either derivative or terribly cliche (or sometimes utter mess - I'm looking at you Crimson Fox, with your cobra-like costume!) ?
    Yeah, I'd prefer Avery too. It would make a lot more sense. I guess it's also possible that they're talking about a DIFFERENT kid of Boomerang but... Why? Where would they even get powers from? They've been working on this for a few months and they haven't been down anywhere. Idk, I just hope this one isn't a final decision.