Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
Oh I'm not disagreeing that Wally isn't popular. But he's still only one character, and he's not batman, or even superman. He may held some of the values that Rebirth was representing, but his mistreatment doesn't change how much people are enjoying batman, or the justice league, or superman, etc. I just don't believe DC's current failing in sales is due to people being like "I dislike how DC is treating Wally, I'm going to drop all of my batman books."
He doesn't have to be. He was main character that started the launch and was pushed into being a murderer.His and titans treatment led to the decline. Dick got ric'd. Donna became a joker thing. Roy got killed by wally. Everyone else got disbanded.superfamily is'nt a family anymore with jon being aged and supersons dead. Legions meeting with superman was hollowed out. All of these just cemented rebirth as a storyline's death. Story and direction matters. Superman nor batman represents rebirth.Wally west and his generation does. Batman can't be nightwing nor wally west. The same goes for superman.Those two have never been sidekicks.