Page 18 of 135 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

The only time Jon should be Superman, is when Damian is Batman, Wallace West is Flash, Conner Hawk is Green Arrow, Lyta Trevor is Wonder Woman, etc.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    You could Milestone the JLA, w. president Superman, Nubia, Batwing...

...Aqualad, GL John Stewart, Kid Flash, and speaking of Milestone, Icon as J’onn, the team’s OTHER Superman level character...

Not all that creative, but it’d get some buzz on the news sites...!
    I'm cool with an all minority Justice League (either the primary team or another one), but can we please remember other under-represented demographics in comics? Get Kenan Kong, Kate Kane and Jessica Cruz in there.

Right, friendly reminder that Milestone isn't just black superheros. That had all kinds. Another reason I hope the teen lantern doesn't take the spot somehow. There are other, better options.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't think Dick is going to change from being Nightwing any time soon. We JUST got him back in the role.
    No we didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm still waiting for someone to tear into him for it...

"Robin, son of Batman, grandson of the demon, heir to the Bat and now you're trying to be Nightwing? Damien, when are you going to come out of everyone else's shadow and finally be your own man?"

Even in possible futures, he's either Batman or Ras. He never actually does something his own. I get Nightwing is a nod to a Kryptonian hero Clark told Dick about, so if someone wants to count that as a legacy then fine, but he at least created Robin.

All Damien does is declare himself as the best at what he sets his mind to and then copies people, but more of an ass. I'm still convinced the only thing Damien did best was pilot a pine box six feet under.
    That's the hook. Damian, the son of Batman, grandson of the demon, and self declared heir to the Bat, instead becomes the new Nightwing. A tangent persona Dick adopted and recreated for himself to divert from his expected path. Dick was the guy that didn't want to be Batman, Damian is the kid who all he wanted was to be Batman. So there is a twist there, maybe even a lesson. While at the same time Dick was probably the most influential person in Damian's life.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-10-2019 at 10:47 PM.

If Damian doesn't become Batman, I'd rather he create his own persona rather than get Dick's old costumes. We already had/have a Robin who couldn't really move on for years now with Tim. No need to shackle Damian with hand me downs. He's sufficiently great a character to create his own future.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm cool with an all minority Justice League (either the primary team or another one), but can we please remember other under-represented demographics in comics? Get Kenan Kong, Kate Kane and Jessica Cruz in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Right, friendly reminder that Milestone isn't just black superheros. That had all kinds. Another reason I hope the teen lantern doesn't take the spot somehow. There are other, better options.
    See, it’s already generating buzz...

Idea of doing separate books for each generation sounds cool on paper, but I'm not sure how it would exactly work in practice?

Take Wonder Woman for example. Historically she manages to support only one monthly title. So one generation, most likely G5, gets the main title and fans of other generations, classic WW if you will, get what exactly? Some cameos in other books and maybe a team book?

Or for example Flash franchise, it all fits rather nicely into that generations thing, but surely we aren't going to get 5 Flash ongoings?

Batman and Superman will likely get Detective and Action to focus on some previous generation to keep fans, to an extent, happy, but it won't work for other franchises.

Well, apparently, 5G will finally have long term other characters in the mantles of the Big Seven at least. So fans of Diana would have Generations 1 to 4 and the new character would shine in G5. At least that's how I'm reading the portents so far XD !

I'm not quite certain about "long term". Unless sales are good, I doubt this would last that long.

Whatever happens, I hope both creators and fans are being more mature about it this time around. If some fans are really unhappy about it, creators shouldn't rush to call them bigots for it, and some fans shouldn't rush to claim there are "agendas" behind every creative decision like that.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-11-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Idea of doing separate books for each generation sounds cool on paper, but I'm not sure how it would exactly work in practice?

Take Wonder Woman for example. Historically she manages to support only one monthly title. So one generation, most likely G5, gets the main title and fans of other generations, classic WW if you will, get what exactly? Some cameos in other books and maybe a team book?

Or for example Flash franchise, it all fits rather nicely into that generations thing, but surely we aren't going to get 5 Flash ongoings?

Batman and Superman will likely get Detective and Action to focus on some previous generation to keep fans, to an extent, happy, but it won't work for other franchises.
    Wonder Woman will get Snyder’s upcoming JSA book, but we’ll see how that plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder Woman will get Snyder’s upcoming JSA book, but we’ll see how that plays out.
    Snyders’s What?!😳

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Wouldn't that qualify as her just appearing in another book rather than an expansion of her world?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Snyders’s What?!��
    It's from there :

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    A JSA series written by Scott Snyder will be set at the beginning of the 1st Gen:

“I've been hinting at it, but I'm looking to write the JSA after this,” Snyder says. “After Justice League, there'll be a bit of a window, like a break between what we're doing on Justice League and when they come back for their own series, because of other things we're introducing. That said, the period in which I'd like to write them is this period. That's why we chose 1939, 1940. We always see them as representatives of a time that's passed where they're viewed with a kind of nostalgia for when things were black and white in terms of morality. What I want to do is really revisit their early years, show the formation of the team.”

Perhaps coincidentally, it was revealed at New York Comic Con that there will finally be a comprehensive timeline of DC Universe continuity coming in the near future. That timeline breaks DC history up into “generations” and the JSA would be near the very start of DC’s first heroic age. Snyder hints that the origin of the JSA will include some new elements that have never before been revealed. “They might have also been gathered together by somebody surprising,” Snyder says. While he didn’t elaborate, one of the key pieces of the new DC Universe timeline is that Wonder Woman’s arrival in the United States is what kicks off the first age of DC superheroes.

It’s worth noting that there has never been a comprehensive story about the earliest days of the JSA, and the story of their formation hasn’t even been told since Secret Origins #31 by Roy Thomas and Michael Bair in 1988. Snyder hopes to explore the team’s origin in a new way.

“Show some of the early members' conflicts, show how, at that moment when they were brought together, things were anything but black and white,” Snyder says. “Of course, evil's rising overseas and there's no question about the nature of that darkness, but in terms of the future and how it was written and whether or not good would win or whether or not we would jump into the war as a country, all of that stuff was fraught with conflict and arguments and ambiguity and anxieties. I want to write them raw and brutal and young, when they're not the elder statesmen, when they don't know any better than anybody else [and] when they're actually like young people caught up as the first superhero team in history at a moment of tremendous stakes and confusion. That's why I think introducing them in this way [in Justice League] is fun, because it's a teaser of some of this stuff we plan on doing with them later down the line as well.”

Full article: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/d...ca-dc-universe

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It's from there :
    So, does this mean we will get the goldenage superman and silverage superman back?