Page 87 of 135 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2012

I was just in no longer in continuity thread when Mr. B (thanks by the way) reminded me that Wildstorm is apparently on the G timeline, which I looked up and saw was in the beginning of the 4G history banner. It made me wonder that since Gen13 are teenagers when they first appear would that mean with the 5G time leap they could introduce an in continuity Gen13 book by establishing there parents existed and with the time jump they would now be old enough to fight crime? I'm only questioning cause with replacement characters and the aging of the other characters we can only assume that DC will be looking to reintroduce other characters or even some new characters as well.

Just a thought I wanted to put out there, like anything else its just hypothesizing or theory not based in any rumor.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

5G Black Canary -Olivia Queen

Well I hope so, dont want a stranger taking the mantle.
    Art by @OttoSchmidt72
    Last edited by HunterX; 01-16-2020 at 12:58 PM.

That is.....an interesting design.

I like the wrist crossbow, and the big blue stone on her throat, indicative of Dinah's sonic scream.

The whole thing gives me a vague Mercy vibe (a healer from the game Overwatch) and I bet y'all five bucks that energy wings come out of the back piece.

I'd like it more if the face piece wasn't there. Not only is it a big evocative of Cyborg (thus detracting from the Canary aesthetic) it just seems ever so slightly out of place in this otherwise symmetric visual. But I like it. I'd buy this as the daughter of Ollie and Dinah.

I know this is just a tweak to the Kingdom Come design, but generally I think I like it more than Ross' look.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

That's just fan art.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post

Art by @OttoSchmidt72
    She looks like someone from the Kill La Kill anime.

BANNED

She looks more Batwoman/familia mixed with Black Canary and possibly Cyborg or Blue Beetle hell maybe a dash of Huntress. Probably trained with the Furies too. Lol I like the design though

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    She looks like someone from the Kill La Kill anime.
    Eh, not skimpy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That's just fan art.
    Hey, even the pro artists are allowed to do fan art, and this guy put in some time with Dinah back in Rebirth's Arrow.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

That's just fan art.
    Kinda, kinda not. Can easily become canon since Otto Schmidt is a DC pro artist. Anyway the design is not too far from the one the character had in Convergence Green Arrow [2015] 2 parter.
    I like the bird emblem addition in Otto's.

I like the wrist crossbow, and the big blue stone on her throat, indicative of Dinah's sonic scream.
    I dont think she has a canary's cry, she has something called a whistle, at least thats what i got from Convergence. It paralyses people for a time or something. Dont know if its genetic or cybertech..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HunterX; 01-16-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Art by @OttoSchmidt72
    It looks cool and i hope the others are as good.

Kinda, kinda not. Can easily become canon since Otto Schmidt is a DC pro artist. Anyway the design is not too far from the one the character had in Convergence Green Arrow [2015] 2 parter.
    And that was just the Kingdom Come costume with a tweak or two, just like Otto's above.

I dont think she has a canary's cry, she has something called a whistle, at least thats what i got from Convergence. It paralyses people for a time or something. Dont know if its genetic or cybertech..
    I have no idea. The blue gem highlights her throat, which brings Dinah's scream to mind, but whether this Olivia has such a thing or not, who knows?

Now, if this *is* a 5G design, and it'd seem weird for Otto to spoil it if it is, but if it is then it's technically a new character, however deeply influenced by Kingdom Come/Convergence she is. So we can't take anything for granted about what she can do or how.

And if it's just Otto screwing around with designs and posting his own fan art, then it doesn't really matter.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Go as crazy as possible I say.

Anything to to be rid of the current silver/bronze age stench.
    Lol, yeah this guy "gets it"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Doomsday Clock went from rebirth to 5G.
    In all honesty my personal position here on 5g as an idea is rather indifferent, mostly because I really liked the start of rebirth, especially the return of Wally and in particular how he returned and the promise of doomsday clock

But I feel it's withered out into a very nothing conclusion if this is it's ending, imo Wally has been shattered from the promise of him bringing back hope and all doomsday clock really did was take too long to fudge the Watchmen universe and suggest some future timelines

It's not so much bad as just disappointing that that's all it came to

I no longer have any enthusiasm for the ideas DC come up with in these shake ups

And I do not need any more origin fudging of characters

Of course it remains to be seen how it actually plays out

But my gut reaction is I'll save a lot of cash but then I bought everything in the second phase of new 52
    Last edited by kilderkin; 01-18-2020 at 04:04 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So this is from our upcoming issue of Wonder Woman that holds in it our first look at DC's new official past, and the official past of 5G.

I'm interested in how accurate my time calculations/estimations were. It says 1939 on the page, but I counted out Wonder Woman showing herself to be in 1938. I wonder if I'm a year off on everything? That would just bump everything up by a year and make the present day 1998 rather than 97. That would also mean the atom bomb dropped in 46 rather than 45.

But this could be a year after Wonder Woman has already shown up, right? I mean, we're already in man's world, so that may be the case. Regardless, this sets an a definitive date for us to plot the rest of the timeline from.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Wonderwoman first appeared in 1941, so this instead moves her down few years. Clark's ship crashes in 1938.