Page 131 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2012

We been knew.

Welp, so either BC was wrong about this "5G imprint" or the imprint is so different from the 5G concept now ...either way it seems dead now.

But what does this mean for the timeline, I would like some cohesion in that area still.

Most likely they just give a blanket "it all happened" and keep it moving. Honestly, if they stop talking about the inconsistencies, it'll stop mattering. Fast and loose is for the best.

Things like wonder woman being golden age will probably be explained in the secret origin book.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Welp, so either BC was wrong about this "5G imprint" or the imprint is so different from the 5G concept now ...either way it seems dead now.

But what does this mean for the timeline, I would like some cohesion in that area still.
    I don't think BC was necessarily wrong about the imprint. I think since Didio's firing DC has been struggling to figure out what to do with the investment they already put into 5G initiative. Remember, after Didio was fired we went from writers & editors being told to continue their work on it as originally directed, to only some characters would be replaced, to they would only be replaced for a short period, to it'll be an imprint, to now it's totally quashed.

I'm sure the massive layoffs that happened also had something to do with its outright cancellation.

I agree - BC weren't wrong - the Luke Fox Batman mini is proof of that. But plans definitely changed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The final Death Metal cover.

Ridley's story in Joker War Zone had Luke Fox suit up as Batwing... but his codename was never mentioned. Makes one wonder...
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I don't think BC was necessarily wrong about the imprint. I think since Didio's firing DC has been struggling to figure out what to do with the investment they already put into 5G initiative. Remember, after Didio was fired we went from writers & editors being told to continue their work on it as originally directed, to only some characters would be replaced, to they would only be replaced for a short period, to it'll be an imprint, to now it's totally quashed.

I'm sure the massive layoffs that happened also had something to do with its outright cancellation.
    I think you're right.

Although, maybe 5G is not dead, Bleeding Cool mentioned 5G in an article about Ridley's Fox family story, and they referred to 5G as now its for an Ultimate-style mini-imprint of continuity which is different then how they described this imprint before.

I'll have to see if that contradicts anything Jim Lee stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ridley's story in Joker War Zone had Luke Fox suit up as Batwing... but his codename was never mentioned. Makes one wonder...
    Makes one wonder about what? If Ridley is writing Luke as Batman?

Possibly about whether Joker War was supposed to feature Luke becoming Batman.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Yeah, was the story changed? Was that use of the Batwing suit originally meant to be the debut of a new Batman one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I could see the explanation for Diana leaving the role
    I believe Wonder Woman has always said she cares more for her duties as Princess of Themyscira than saving Earth, so you could just use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Does this signify anything?

It signifies the altering of Wonder Woman's origin heading into 2021 to that of the world's first superhero during World War II and leading the JSA. One of the continuity shifts of 5G that they're sticking with.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-30-2020 at 02:15 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

This looks rad.

I'm glad they're sticking with Wonder Woman being the OG. She should be the biggest of the big both in story and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    compared to the other 2, it just feels like WW has no legacy of her own
    She doesn't need one. None of them do.