Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Wonder Woman will probably be Wilson's pet character Maggie. I could see the explanation for Diana leaving the role is that she eventually hooks up with Atlantiedes and they spirit off to Olympus together or something. Bruce fakes his death and maybe marries Selina. Superman retires in wake of his duties as Earth President.

By the way this is all stupid and ridiculous and will fail horribly.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-07-2019 at 02:38 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I dont know what to think about this, specially because of the idea of Jonathan Kent replacing Superman but Damian wont replace Batman, not necesarily that he deserves or needs to be Batman now but its just that something feels off about it.

and I also think that there is a major problem with the whole idea of replacing Batman AGAIN.
    it just never sticks and its hard to see this one sticking as well.

I do however will put a very controversial statement
    Wonder Woman's replacement is way overdue

compared to the other 2, it just feels like WW has no legacy of her own
    mainly because of the constant rebooting that she has had in the last couple of years, from the All-New WW to Azzarello and then Rucka's Year one, I would even throw WW Earth One on there too.
    there is just too many versions and reinventions of Diana. and on top of that there is no real version of Donna Troy, just how many "Who is Donna Troy?" storylines do we need to have without answering the question.

so I applaud the idea of a new WW who isnt Diana.

Heh, I wouldn't mind Jason stepping in the cowl, for good reasons and in good ways. It could be actually pretty cool having him for a while, I think.

But he really needs the right reasons and the right mindset to get to that point, a good story that would justify him dismissing his own ideals and ways. And rigjt now, he is not there.

I don't know about other leaguers, but maybe a female Flash could be cool. Or even Wally again, if he acchieves redepntion.

Wonder Woman Diana could be a constant in the League in the new continuity. But, to be honest, I don't know who could replace her either.

I would like other Super that weren't Jon, to be honest. But, on the other hand, Jason is family to Damian, and Supes Jon would be big brothery to him, which sort of reminss me that Young Dick's relationship with Clark was strong.

I don't know about the remaining members.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-07-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Wonder Woman will probably be Wilson's pet character Maggie. I could see the explanation for Diana leaving the role is that she eventually hooks up with Atlantiedes and they spirit off to Olympus together or something. Bruce fakes his death and maybe marries Selina. Superman retires in wake of his duties as Earth President.

With all the crap Marvel got for "doing" the same thing-why do that here? Especially if POC are used.

Why put yourself through that? This would be better if you just did a series of Elseworld books for say a year.

Because what happens if the replacement does a Jane Foster? You know have better sales than the original?

What if Luke as Batman has higher sales? DC's track record (Wally West & Cassandra Cain) says it does not end well. However Azrael had a 100 issue run after being Batman.

Crazy Idea we wouldn’t see coming: Wally West (the Original) as the Flash
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Okay, if we're doing replacements we might as well go stupid with it!

Superman's replacement is......Superman! From the New52! T-shirt and jeans, Golden Age power levels! A multiverse refugee from the dark multiverse, Morrison's masterpiece finds his way to the prime earth to take over for his "cousin" while Rebirth-Reborn-current Clark is absorbed by his duties as earth president. How does Nuperman handle threats like Mongul, Darkseid, and Brainiac when he can only leap tall buildings? And will the world respect him when he doesn't have the raw power they expect from Superman? When even Superboy is more powerful, is a Superman still a Superman?

Batman's replacement is.......whoever. I don't care, as long as its not Dick (his story shouldn't end in the Bat cowl! He's his own man). We'll just take Terry from Batman Beyond and port him over.

We'll have Nubia take over for Diana.

Wally West's daughter from Kingdom Come should take over as Flash. I forget her name.

Aquaman can be replaced by Jason Mamoa.

Green Lantern's newest recruit can be Lois Lane.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Wally West's daughter from Kingdom Come should take over as Flash. I forget her name.
    How can you forget?

It's Iris!

XD
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

This is fine if they want to introduce it as something that runs parallel with what's already familiar, but if it outright REPLACES what's familiar, we're looking down the barrel of something that might make the New 52 outrage seem like a minor quibble by comparison.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I’m going to begin using the ones that seem likely based on present rumors, and then fill in the blanks

• Superman: Jon Kent
    • Wonder Woman: Atlantiades
    • Batman: Luke Fox
    • Aquaman: Jackson Hyde / Kaldur’ahm
    • Green Lantern: Carol Ferris
    • Flash: Avery Ho
    I was kind of hoping carol Ferris would stay as star sapphire.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I’m going to begin using the ones that seem likely based on present rumors, and then fill in the blanks

Who's Atlantiades?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    You know... If they are going to replace Bruce for Luke, who's going to be his Robin? Because I'm pretty sure it's not going to be Damian. Which brings to the table that Luke and Jon Kent don't have any history, at all, which makes the partnership between Batman and Superman useless.
    Duke. Make it all black. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Jon may be 11 going on 17 going on 18 but luke is 24+ former marine and engineer student, so i guess it will be like the interaction Batgirl has with supergirl

Its not that I dont want Jon to make new friends but geez did damian even get to introduce him to nightwing
    Wait he's former marine now? What happened to the MMA? or was that always been his origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

Who's Maggie? New character?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    You know... If they are going to replace Bruce for Luke, who's going to be his Robin? Because I'm pretty sure it's not going to be Damian. Which brings to the table that Luke and Jon Kent don't have any history, at all, which makes the partnership between Batman and Superman useless.
    I wonder which members of the various families will still be around?

I'm for doing temp replacements and let's be honest for Supes, Bats, and Wondy it's temps but doing all at once would be dumb.

Astonishing Member

The last few years, and last few major runs, of many of those main books, Superman & Batman in particular, but also plenty of others ... have all done the Replacement storyline. A bunch. I'll still read a good book and try stuff out but it'd be ridiculous not to point out that "A Replacement" is like ... the ONLY story that's been told lately with most of these characters, where the title character is MIA and some newcomer is wearing the costume for some reason.

So off the top of my head Batman has been Dick & Gordon recently, as well as alt-future versions of Tim & Damian for interludes. Of course he was also historically Azrael, and Dick again. Superman has been Mon-El recently, going by Valor, while Supes was in New Krypton. Superman has also been Lex Luthor lately. Naturally he was Val-Zod but that was in another Universe. He was also Two Different Supermen simultaneously, in addition to Depowered Superman. Aquaman was dead more recently, has come back and remained pretty consistent, actually - he mostly just vacillates between being a scruffy bearded pirate and a clean cut guy. Wonder Woman has definitely been Donna Troy in recent history. These are 'mostly' important chapters in well-received, good runs on comics. These are all also short-lived. Flash has been Wally and Barry, Just Barry, Just Wally, Just Bart, and so forth, recently. And Jay. Who exists sometimes. But not all the time, but for whom ALL Flashes are Replacements. Kyle Rayner was the only primary GL for an entire decade. Green Lantern was Baz & Cruz for a hot minute there. It was decent.

More to the point I guess ... I'm mostly okay with the Replacement storyline occurring in one or both the Superman books and Batman books and specifically just ... the characters who are being Superman and Batman. I'd generally like most of the rest of the supporting casts to stay the same or be pretty unaffected. We did Batman Reborn and New Krypton simultaneously and it was very cool to see Dick-Batman team up with Kryptonian-Military-Superman and so forth. You'll naturally always do the "The New Superman teams with the New Batman" angle. We had Jim Gordon Robo-Batman team up with Depowered Superman (and super-spy Grayson). It's an evergreen trope.

Anyway I'm also okay with good stories that tell stories about inspired people taking up the mantle of a hero, I'm cool with new angles to look at classic story settings and tropes in and to get some fresh creative blood into these things. I'm cool with diversity if it feels natural, powerful and relevant, and not like bland corporate kneejerk reaction to woke internet articles. So I'm hotly anticipating this news and some of the line-ups of books.

Then there's the part where The Batman comes out in July 2021 so whatever bold new direction they take is only going to last two years until they really want to cash in by having books that feature Bruce Wayne as Batman. But I think we all at least probably tend to suspect that'll be the case. Two years can be a cool comic run with great art, great moments and a memorable "sticks with you" storyline.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Why promote Atlantiades when Donna is around?

I think the real gauging of this is whether it's an out-of-continuity stories set in the future or actual relaunches of all the main titles replacing everybody.

I don't see the latter succeeding at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Why promote Atlantiades when Donna is around?
    'Cuz DC doesn't really care about Donna and won't let other Wonder Woman writers use her...