Page 100 of 135 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Not sure if it fits in here, but Bleeding Cool posted about the background of 5G and how it tied into Dan DiDio being fired.
    So WB execs saw ANAD Marvel and Avengers: Endgame and thought "we want to try this."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So if this report is true, then 5G is happening because the corporate overlords wanted to use it as fodder for movies and TV and future media products in general. Yeah, I doubted I'd spend money on this whole thing anyway, but now I'm pretty much confident that I won't.
    But you can do that without changing anything in comics.

The OGNs are proving that.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So if this report is true, then 5G is happening because the corporate overlords wanted to use it as fodder for movies and TV and future media products in general. Yeah, I doubted I'd spend money on this whole thing anyway, but now I'm pretty much confident that I won't.
    Same with me, I'm not buying 5G/Generation 5. Death Metal?...I'm all in.

It'd be sad if 5G wasn't even Didio's idea, but instead an AT&T idea. Didio getting terminated trying to execute AT&T's idea.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So WB execs saw ANAD Marvel and Avengers: Endgame and thought "we want to try this."
    It made a lot more sense for marvel than dc though if synergy is the reason. Marvel got to the point in their ongoing movie universe where a lot of key characters finished their stories when endgame happened. So it makes sense that they’d be looking at material with Jane Thor, Sam using the shield or even maybe Iron Heart being introduced in the future. Dc’s movie universe fumbled in its first quarter. I guess we’ll see what happens but since the shared universe was a bust, I kinda doubt when Gadot finishes her trilogy as WW, they’ll try to keep it going with Nubia or whoever. More likely they’d eventually just reboot with another actor. The next Superman will probably either bring back Cavill or reboot Kal with another actor. And I doubt Patterson has to worry about being replaced by Luke Fox anytime soon.

I don’t know, maybe the animation stuff will do something with this after Apokolips War?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don’t know, maybe the animation stuff will do something with this after Apokolips War?
    I'm not sure abut that. The next "in-continuity" movie seems to be about a back-to-basics Superman.

WB execs looking at Marvel and saying "let's copy those guys!"? Strange, that's never happened before......

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    WB execs looking at Marvel and saying "let's copy those guys!"? Strange, that's never happened before......

Now if only Marvel could look at DC cartoons the same way...

I'm not sure abut that. The next "in-continuity" movie seems to be about a back-to-basics Superman.
    You mean Superman: man of tomorrow?(I think it’s called that) I have no idea if that’s in continuity or not I just thought it was supposed to be an animated origin film of Superman? Could be wrong
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You mean Superman: man of tomorrow?(I think it’s called that) I have no idea if that’s in continuity or not I just thought it was supposed to be an animated origin film of Superman? Could be wrong
    The precedent is two in-continuity films and one Elseworld a year, so unless they change things up Man of Tomorrow should be in-continuity.

The precedent is two in-continuity films and one Elseworld a year, so unless they change things up Man of Tomorrow should be in-continuity.
    In-continuity prequel then? Technically in this movie universe we’ve yet to see the origins of Superman, though why when we’ve already seen those origins before.

Edit: looked it up it is a original story about a young Clark Kent. whether in continuity or not remains to be seen.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

The thing that ticks me off about 5G (outside of having all my favourite characters replaced) is that I'm enjoying a lot of story archs right now. The writing team on Hawkman is killing it, The Flash has been great lately, and the last few issues of Batman have been fantastic! So good!!!

Does this mean all these great storylines and archs are going to just come to a grinding halt for the 5G experiment? Hawkman will have to take a totally new turn and get rebooted, the Flash???

I heard an unverified rumour that AT&T is dictating that 5G must happen to DC. If this is true, how about taking that money they've made from all those successful superhero movies and funneling it back into helping the comic industry grow. It almost seem like an abusive relationship. Take, take, take, but they never give back to the industry that made the successful movies popular in the first place.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BringMe_YoungManLogan View Post
    The thing that ticks me off about 5G (outside of having all my favourite characters replaced) is that I'm enjoying a lot of story archs right now. The writing team on Hawkman is killing it, The Flash has been great lately, and the last few issues of Batman have been fantastic! So good!!!

Does this mean all these great storylines and archs are going to just come to a grinding halt for the 5G experiment? Hawkman will have to take a totally new turn and get rebooted, the Flash???

I heard an unverified rumour that AT&T is dictating that 5G must happen to DC. If this is true, how about taking that money they've made from all those successful superhero movies and funneling it back into helping the comic industry grow. It almost seem like an abusive relationship. Take, take, take, but they never give back to the industry that made the successful movies popular in the first place.
    I'd argue your probably seeing the last couple of arcs right now. It'll be just like the New 52 all the arcs are going to come to and end hard brakes and then 5G is HERE. Which is a shame as you mention Hawkman and that means a massive chunk of it was lost to the whole infected thing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I'd argue your probably seeing the last couple of arcs right now. It'll be just like the New 52 all the arcs are going to come to and end hard brakes and then 5G is HERE. Which is a shame as you mention Hawkman and that means a massive chunk of it was lost to the whole infected thing.
    Such a shame, Robert Venditti is doing such an awesome job (just as he was on GL) only to have it cancelled for this cheap attempt to try to raise publicity and a brief spike in sales. I for one will not buy anything from 5G, the only winners here are Marvel comics. Thus I must use this moment to redirect readers to Daredevil, the writer on it right now is absolutely fabulous!

Comic Geek in General

the more I hear about 5G, the more worried I get

Quote Originally Posted by BringMe_YoungManLogan View Post

The last couples arcs for most big name books all seem to be directly leading/pointing to 5G.