Page 91 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2012
    Astonishing Member

The solicitation for Williamson's Flash Annual #3 suggests it might be setting up 5G, if the Own Mercer rumour is true.

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB200449

"From the pages of Suicide Squad, Task Force X and Captain Boomerang are on the loose, and the Flash is in hot pursuit! But is he really the hunter-or the hunted? Barry Allen may be the Scarlet Speedster, but at the end of this crossover issue, will he still be the Fastest Man Alive?"

So I got into a conversation with someone and I wanted to be sure I was right, and since Owen Mercer got brought up might as well ask. He is Bart’s Half-brother correct? If I recall correctly it’s supposed be Captain Boomerang got put in the future with Meloni and had a kid who turned out to be Owen, thus making Owen Bart’s half-brother and Barry’s other grandson.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So I got into a conversation with someone and I wanted to be sure I was right, and since Owen Mercer got brought up might as well ask. He is Bart’s Half-brother correct? If I recall correctly it’s supposed be Captain Boomerang got put in the future with Meloni and had a kid who turned out to be Owen, thus making Owen Bart’s half-brother and Barry’s other grandson.
    Yeah, apparently that's true. Not the world's biggest Flash fan so this was news to me. Makes him a bit less totally-out-of-f#%king-nowhere now in terms of him taking over.

Incidentally, this also makes him a descendant of Professor Zoom too, huh? Also makes Bart a descendant of Zoom's too. Never knew that.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yeah, apparently that's true. Not the world's biggest Flash fan so this was news to me. Makes him a bit less totally-out-of-f#%king-nowhere now in terms of him taking over.

Incidentally, this also makes him a descendant of Professor Zoom too, huh? Also makes Bart a descendant of Zoom's too. Never knew that.
    Yes...President Thawne also created a Clone out of Bart Allens DNA named Thaddeus Thawne who is Barts Arch-Enemy..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    The solicitation for Williamson's Flash Annual #3 suggests it might be setting up 5G, if the Own Mercer rumour is true.

"From the pages of Suicide Squad, Task Force X and Captain Boomerang are on the loose, and the Flash is in hot pursuit! But is he really the hunter-or the hunted? Barry Allen may be the Scarlet Speedster, but at the end of this crossover issue, will he still be the Fastest Man Alive?"
    Not really sure:

1.) Since when is Barry, the fastest Man alive?
    I thougt he gave the title to WALLY in Rebirth?

2.) Another possibility is that BART is faster than him.

As far as I know Young Justice AND the Justice League will appear in Action Comics 1020, which comes out in FEBRUARY to, which could mean that Bart meets Barry in February.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Not really sure:

As far as I know Young Justice AND the Justice League will appear in Action Comics 1020, which comes out in FEBRUARY to, which could mean that Bart meets Barry in February.
    As far as dc management is concerned red hair wally west doesn't exist. If there is a wally west he is the current kid flash.

If I recall correctly it’s supposed be Captain Boomerang got put in the future with Meloni and had a kid who turned out to be Owen, thus making Owen Bart’s half-brother and Barry’s other grandson.
    Is he though?, if he doesnt have Allen genes?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Is he though?, if he doesnt have Allen genes?
    Well I just meant through family tree type stuff, because Meloni Thawne was married to Don Allen before he died so she’s Barry’s daughter-in-law. So if she was to have another kid, in this case Owen, he’d be at least be somewhere on the family tree. I assume that has to make tangentially related as Bart’s half brother and the son of Barry’s daughter in law.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-25-2020 at 04:31 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    As far as dc management is concerned red hair wally west doesn't exist. If there is a wally west he is the current kid flash.
    cut some slack, they are trying to right wrongs with flash forward.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    cut some slack, they are trying to right wrongs with flash forward.
    Doesn't feel like their attitude has changed. Look at all the current elseworlds, outside media.. Etc. Wally west doesn't exist. Look at batman last knight or dceased. There isn't a wally west. Even, young justice doesn't anymore. Dc policy is brushing the character under the carpet. Flash forward and lobdell is great. But it doesn't change their policy nor set it. Now, i could be wrong. It might have changed. But till now it is basically brush wally under carpet. Tearing him apart and feeding his interesting parts to barry and wallace is very much their intention. Even flash#750 covers furthers this notion for me. I am being pragmatic, here.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-25-2020 at 07:04 AM.

Wally got the 90's cover for Flash 750 didn't he?

An argument can be made that he should have had the 00's since Barry didnt return until 09 or so, but that's also the decade Barry came back so......>shrug<

And we could say Wally should've had the 80's cover, but he didn't take over until halfway through the decade, so again.....

I'm not saying DC hasn't marginalized and mistreated Wally and tried to make us forget about him, I'm not saying all that isn't total BS of the highest order, but if Wally got the 90's cover he's doing better than Tim Drake and Jason Todd, who didn't get any cover at all for the Robin special.....but Carrie from DKR did, and so did Steph Brown and she was Robin for literally four issues apparently.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Scott Lobdell said there are a lot of big plans for Wally in the Wally West appreciation thread. And he meant in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Wally got the 90's cover for Flash 750 didn't he?

An argument can be made that he should have had the 00's since Barry didnt return until 09 or so, but that's also the decade Barry came back so......>shrug<

And we could say Wally should've had the 80's cover, but he didn't take over until halfway through the decade, so again.....

I'm not saying DC hasn't marginalized and mistreated Wally and tried to make us forget about him, I'm not saying all that isn't total BS of the highest order, but if Wally got the 90's cover he's doing better than Tim Drake and Jason Todd, who didn't get any cover at all for the Robin special.....but Carrie from DKR did, and so did Steph Brown and she was Robin for literally four issues apparently.
    It's pretty generic. Nothing in it distguishes wally from other barry cover. Which could have been done, easily . Now, i might be totally off and inside the book might have something for wally.lobdell himself popped up in the wally thread( Which was awesome) and told us dc has something "Monstrous" in store for wally. I have no reasons to disbelieve him.
    Jason wasn't robin for a long time. In fact, tge only story with jason todd robin that is memorable is tge superman story and his death for wrong reasons. As for tim, he is in the same boat as wally is or if things look up was.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It's pretty generic. Nothing in it distguishes wally from other barry cover.
    Well, it's not like there was much to distinguish the two in the first place. Wally's suit had a different belt, and for a while had a metallic sheen that Barry's never did. Granted, Barry's taken both visuals since the 52. But if that cover is supposed to be the 90's, then its Wally on the cover.

Which is a small thing either way, in the grand scheme of things.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Not really sure:

he concede that Wally is the faster due to his spiritual understanding of the speedforce, I think the editorial logic here is he means he's the fastest living man on earth, as opposed to Wally being the fastest man in the Multiverse as stated in Flash Forward; plus I think Barry still believes Wally is depowered and locked up, which makes him fastest by a default technicality.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."