Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
She definitely had elements of her own thoughts for certain, but she wasn't Jane. It wasn't her voice, it wasn't the way she spoke things, it wasn't her physical appearance. As mentioned before, it was a brand new person, a manifestation of both Jane Foster and the combine elements of Mjornir, this was specifically mentioned in the comics and is also the reason she had better control over Mjornir then Thor, because Thor was largely Mjornir.
I mean, she basically took on Thor's persona. That persona that she exuded around people was basically classic Thor, which made Aaron's characterization for the actual Thor more jarring because he seemed to forget what Thor's actual personality was in favor of him acting like he hadn't grown up much from being young Thor.

She had better control of Mjolnir because Mjolnir was mostly controlling itself. Mjolnir had more to do with making Jane Thor then making the original Thor into Thor.
Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
This.

All that said, Eric Masterson was Thor for a while if I remember correctly, before shifting to being Thunderstrike; so there's precedent for someone other than Thor Odinson being Thor.
Well, Eric was pretending to be the original Thor if I remember correctly.
Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
That said, Aaron was making a point about what the name Thor has come to mean to people. Jane took it as a title because of what being Thor is, and how the guy himself made it mean more than just his name, and how he'll even have to live up to what it's come to mean.

But it is 10000% his Odin given name and not an alter ego or a title.
I think the problem was the lead-up to the guy actually thinking he's not Thor anymore and then treating it like a mantle instead of his actual name.