Page 131 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 1986
  1. #1951
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,900

    Default

    We been knew.

  2. #1952
    Astonishing Member kurenai24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Essex, MD
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Welp, so either BC was wrong about this "5G imprint" or the imprint is so different from the 5G concept now ...either way it seems dead now.

    But what does this mean for the timeline, I would like some cohesion in that area still.

  3. #1953
    Astonishing Member vasir12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    Most likely they just give a blanket "it all happened" and keep it moving. Honestly, if they stop talking about the inconsistencies, it'll stop mattering. Fast and loose is for the best.

    Things like wonder woman being golden age will probably be explained in the secret origin book.

  4. #1954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Welp, so either BC was wrong about this "5G imprint" or the imprint is so different from the 5G concept now ...either way it seems dead now.

    But what does this mean for the timeline, I would like some cohesion in that area still.
    I don't think BC was necessarily wrong about the imprint. I think since Didio's firing DC has been struggling to figure out what to do with the investment they already put into 5G initiative. Remember, after Didio was fired we went from writers & editors being told to continue their work on it as originally directed, to only some characters would be replaced, to they would only be replaced for a short period, to it'll be an imprint, to now it's totally quashed.

    I'm sure the massive layoffs that happened also had something to do with its outright cancellation.

  5. #1955
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,032

    Default

    I agree - BC weren't wrong - the Luke Fox Batman mini is proof of that. But plans definitely changed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #1956
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,900

    Default

    The final Death Metal cover.


  7. #1957
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,032

    Default

    Ridley's story in Joker War Zone had Luke Fox suit up as Batwing... but his codename was never mentioned. Makes one wonder...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  8. #1958
    Astonishing Member kurenai24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Essex, MD
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I don't think BC was necessarily wrong about the imprint. I think since Didio's firing DC has been struggling to figure out what to do with the investment they already put into 5G initiative. Remember, after Didio was fired we went from writers & editors being told to continue their work on it as originally directed, to only some characters would be replaced, to they would only be replaced for a short period, to it'll be an imprint, to now it's totally quashed.

    I'm sure the massive layoffs that happened also had something to do with its outright cancellation.
    I think you're right.


    Although, maybe 5G is not dead, Bleeding Cool mentioned 5G in an article about Ridley's Fox family story, and they referred to 5G as now its for an Ultimate-style mini-imprint of continuity which is different then how they described this imprint before.

    I'll have to see if that contradicts anything Jim Lee stated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ridley's story in Joker War Zone had Luke Fox suit up as Batwing... but his codename was never mentioned. Makes one wonder...
    Makes one wonder about what? If Ridley is writing Luke as Batman?

  9. #1959
    Astonishing Member Dataweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Possibly about whether Joker War was supposed to feature Luke becoming Batman.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

  10. #1960
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,032

    Default

    Yeah, was the story changed? Was that use of the Batwing suit originally meant to be the debut of a new Batman one?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  11. #1961
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I could see the explanation for Diana leaving the role
    I believe Wonder Woman has always said she cares more for her duties as Princess of Themyscira than saving Earth, so you could just use that.

  12. #1962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The final Death Metal cover.

    Does this signify anything?

  13. #1963
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,597

    Default

    It signifies the altering of Wonder Woman's origin heading into 2021 to that of the world's first superhero during World War II and leading the JSA. One of the continuity shifts of 5G that they're sticking with.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-30-2020 at 02:15 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "“Your boos mean nothing, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”

  14. #1964
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The final Death Metal cover.

    This looks rad.

    I'm glad they're sticking with Wonder Woman being the OG. She should be the biggest of the big both in story and out.

  15. #1965
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    compared to the other 2, it just feels like WW has no legacy of her own
    She doesn't need one. None of them do.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •