Page 92 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2012
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, it's not like there was much to distinguish the two in the first place. Wally's suit had a different belt, and for a while had a metallic sheen that Barry's never did. Granted, Barry's taken both visuals since the 52. But if that cover is supposed to be the 90's, then its Wally on the cover.

Which is a small thing either way, in the grand scheme of things.
    As said, costume is'nt the issue. There are things from wally's tenure itself that could have been used. Any of his cast could have been there as a additional distinguishing factor. Heck! Even his eyes are barely distinguishable for me, When they should be. it could have been just a case of sloppy covers. We will see. Inside the book is what will be deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well I just meant through family tree type stuff, because Meloni Thawne was married to Don Allen before he died so she’s Barry’s daughter-in-law. So if she was to have another kid, in this case Owen, he’d be at least be somewhere on the family tree. I assume that has to make tangentially related as Bart’s half brother and the son of Barry’s daughter in law.
    Ok, that could work.
    But what is Owen doing in the past though?, if he is born from the future, what is Cap Boomerang doing in the future anyway?. And where is Bart when all this is happening

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Ok, that could work.
    But what is Owen doing in the past though?, if he is born from the future, what is Cap Boomerang doing in the future anyway?. And where is Bart when all this is happening
    I can only answer that Captain Boomerang got lost in the future in 2006 in Geoff John’s Rogue war when Zoom and Reverse flash were messing with the cosmic treadmill against Wally West, it was the story where Wally’s kids were born. Apparently a younger version of Captain Boomerang got stuck in the future for a little while and story ends with someone filling out Meloni Thawne on Birth Certificates for Owen.

As for how Owen got here...who’s to say. How do any of these time travelers get here, maybe they just put him back with Captain Boomerang.

As for Bart, I’m not sure what he was doing. I’m not even sure Bart’s ever met Owen so I couldn’t say. At that time they were establishing Owen with the rouges, the Outsiders, and the Suicide Squad not to mention Tim Drake having a problem with him because his father killed Tim’s father...also I think there was an odd friendship with Supergirl of all things as well.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Wally got the 90's cover for Flash 750 didn't he?

An argument can be made that he should have had the 00's since Barry didnt return until 09 or so, but that's also the decade Barry came back so......>shrug<
    The Flash on the '00s cover is Wally, with the costume he wore in that era.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    lobdell himself popped up in the wally thread( Which was awesome) and told us dc has something "Monstrous" in store for wally. I have no reasons to disbelieve him.
    He did not say that.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4785088

Quote Originally Posted by scottylobdell View Post
    Any way, hope you are enjoying the series as much as I am! There are monstrously huge plans for WALLY in 2020!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4786334

Quote Originally Posted by scottylobdell View Post
    OMG I love you people.

After I wrote "monstrous" I thought about it before I hit "post quick reply".

"Hmmm... are they going to think I used the word "monstrous" as some kind of clue? Or are they going to think of as the adjective I intended to mean "Big! Huge! Banner!"?"

But then I hit "post quick reply" any way.

Though... in retrospect...I wish I had seen Gorilla Wally earlier!

=)
    Last edited by Lee; 01-25-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

He did not say that.

Didn’t see those quotes before, I’m guessing Wally has a big role in metal 2 as he has been teased as having being prepared for something in flash forward and I believe they said this book was a important story for Wally.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

He did not say that.

I was just joking around with the reference to the post.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-25-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So it's pretty clear DC had a writers planning session for 5G this week based on Bendis's social media posts https://www.instagram.com/p/B7uewAFp...=1mfejwkrlce49

From what I can tell, the people who I have seen post about being there are..

Brian Michael Bendis
    Matt Fraction
    James Tynion IV

I haven't seen any other writers hint at being there..
    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I'd be surprised if Joshua Williamson wasn't involved in this. Other than that, up in the air. I feel like we'll start getting more definite information after Snyder's JL run wraps next week. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Yeah, I would hope Snyder, Williamson, King and Lemire are involved in this.
    Bleeding Cool has reported that some comic book creators are taking 5G as their cue to leave, and either move onto creator-owned stuff or Black Label, specifically naming Scott Snyder as one of those creators. The site has also claims that certain creators will disappear for awhile to secretly work on 5G. (https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...jokers-robins/)

While I don't think we should take every thing written for Bleeding Cool as gospel, especially since they have admitted that certain things are in flux, there are already signs of this happening and it is fun to speculate. Several current DC titles feel like they are being created by a filler-creative team, meaning a writer and artist duo that are simply on the book to do a few issues before the real creative team takes over full time. Ever since Rucka, Scott, and Sharp left Wonder Woman, the title has had nothing but a series of fill-in creative teams. Nothing against Wilson or Orlando, they had a tall order to fill after Rucka's exit, but they never really felt as if they were suppose to be the permanent creative team. I believe that we all thought Tomasi was just going to be a fill-in for Detective Comics until DC could find a suitable replacement, yet he is still on the book.

The same can be said about Jurgens on Nightwing, Venditti on Justice League, Abnett on Odyssey, and RAM V on Dark. They just feel like they are filling time before something more exciting is about to happen (i.e. 5G). While Tynion's Batman's run seems to promise a lot of tantalizing new stories, he also feels like a fill-in until 5G. I'm not trying to deter the quality, in fact I haven't read most of these books so I could be totally off-based. But they just feel like filler until 5G; the stories they are telling feel too safe and generic. Detective Comics is about to feature Batman facing against Two-Face again, who may or may not have a cure for his scars AGAIN.

If creators are leaving once 5G, then I'm going to assume that some of the current creators who've been in DC since early Rebirth (or even during New 52) may be leaving the mainline DC continuity. I don't think all the creators are leaving; obviously I think Bendis has big plans for 5G, and we will still need certain low-tier creators to fill in on a moments notice. Dan Jurgens I believe is going to stick with DC until the bitter end, and will most likely stay to do whatever fill-in title they need him for.

Side note, if creators are leaving, I am hoping some of them jump ship to Marvel. This part of my post may be more suited for a Marvel forum, but I really want Tomasi to jump ship once 5G starts and reunite with Gleason to do a Spider-Man comic. I think both creators work best together, and I hope that enough time has past that they are inching to work together again. Tomasi I also think is being underutilized at DC. His Detective Comics is fun and all, however it feels like it is just going through the motions. It doesn't reach the same pantheon as his Green Lanterns or Superman works, or his original Batman works in his Batman and Robin comics. Heck, this is the second time he was brought in the fill-in for Detective Comics; remember the time he wrote for Jim Gordon Batman in Detective Comics at the very end of the New 52? I love Tomasi, and he may be too loyal to move away from DC (he did start out as an editor for DC in the 90s); nevertheless I would love to see Tomasi with a different set of toys to play with.

I'm curious if anyone else on this forum has some ideas of what creators may be leaving DC once 5G starts. Will creators like Venditti, Tomasi, and Orlando stick around once 5G starts, or will they be moving onto other things?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    Bleeding Cool has reported that some comic book creators are taking 5G as their cue to leave, and either move onto creator-owned stuff or Black Label, specifically naming Scott Snyder as one of those creators. The site has also claims that certain creators will disappear for awhile to secretly work on 5G. (https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...jokers-robins/)

While I don't think we should take every thing written for Bleeding Cool as gospel, especially since they have admitted that certain things are in flux, there are already signs of this happening and it is fun to speculate. Several current DC titles feel like they are being created by a filler-creative team, meaning a writer and artist duo that are simply on the book to do a few issues before the real creative team takes over full time. Ever since Rucka, Scott, and Sharp left Wonder Woman, the title has had nothing but a series of fill-in creative teams. Nothing against Wilson or Orlando, they had a tall order to fill after Rucka's exit, but they never really felt as if they were suppose to be the permanent creative team. I believe that we all thought Tomasi was just going to be a fill-in for Detective Comics until DC could find a suitable replacement, yet he is still on the book.

The same can be said about Jurgens on Nightwing, Venditti on Justice League, Abnett on Odyssey, and RAM V on Dark. They just feel like they are filling time before something more exciting is about to happen (i.e. 5G). While Tynion's Batman's run seems to promise a lot of tantalizing new stories, he also feels like a fill-in until 5G. I'm not trying to deter the quality, in fact I haven't read most of these books so I could be totally off-based. But they just feel like filler until 5G; the stories they are telling feel too safe and generic. Detective Comics is about to feature Batman facing against Two-Face again, who may or may not have a cure for his scars AGAIN.

If creators are leaving once 5G, then I'm going to assume that some of the current creators who've been in DC since early Rebirth (or even during New 52) may be leaving the mainline DC continuity. I don't think all the creators are leaving; obviously I think Bendis has big plans for 5G, and we will still need certain low-tier creators to fill in on a moments notice. Dan Jurgens I believe is going to stick with DC until the bitter end, and will most likely stay to do whatever fill-in title they need him for.

Side note, if creators are leaving, I am hoping some of them jump ship to Marvel. This part of my post may be more suited for a Marvel forum, but I really want Tomasi to jump ship once 5G starts and reunite with Gleason to do a Spider-Man comic. I think both creators work best together, and I hope that enough time has past that they are inching to work together again. Tomasi I also think is being underutilized at DC. His Detective Comics is fun and all, however it feels like it is just going through the motions. It doesn't reach the same pantheon as his Green Lanterns or Superman works, or his original Batman works in his Batman and Robin comics. Heck, this is the second time he was brought in the fill-in for Detective Comics; remember the time he wrote for Jim Gordon Batman in Detective Comics at the very end of the New 52? I love Tomasi, and he may be too loyal to move away from DC (he did start out as an editor for DC in the 90s); nevertheless I would love to see Tomasi with a different set of toys to play with.

I'm curious if anyone else on this forum has some ideas of what creators may be leaving DC once 5G starts. Will creators like Venditti, Tomasi, and Orlando stick around once 5G starts, or will they be moving onto other things?
    I'd never count anything out. If people don't have new titles lined up and Marvel comes knocking asking for pitches they'd be stupid to pass on it. I'm with you as I'd love to see Tomasi on something like Spider-man after Spencer is done (hopefully making himself god among men before he leaves) or even Nova. Venditti is another, I've enjoyed a good chunk of his output since he was at Valiant and am willing to toss the guy a bone and again if Marvel knocks and your not exclusive why not. Worked out decent for Tom Taylor.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    .also I think there was an odd friendship with Supergirl of all things as well.
    That's.... a really tame way to describe what was going on there.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    That's.... a really tame way to describe what was going on there.
    More like it’s been a few years and all I remember are weird scenes of them lying together on a coach and in bed while talking. I didn’t think much of it because I was younger but in hindsight I think Superman needs to have a serious talk with Owen.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I'd never count anything out. If people don't have new titles lined up and Marvel comes knocking asking for pitches they'd be stupid to pass on it. I'm with you as I'd love to see Tomasi on something like Spider-man after Spencer is done (hopefully making himself god among men before he leaves) or even Nova. Venditti is another, I've enjoyed a good chunk of his output since he was at Valiant and am willing to toss the guy a bone and again if Marvel knocks and your not exclusive why not. Worked out decent for Tom Taylor.
    Wouldn't be the first time in recent history that creators left over reboots/gimmicks/creative shuffles forced by management either.

I don't know if I believe it, I don't trust BC very far, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's true.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Cass as The Black Bat and the main character in the Batman universe would be amazing!
    I would love to see someone like Scarecrow be 5G Batman.

I feel that after this issue of Justice League, this whole thing regarding the universe and characters will start making sense soon.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So it becomes clear that 5G and the 60 year timeline will be a reverse reboot.

And if I'm reading it right, apparently the DCU as we've known it so far has been secretly using Hyper Time in all of its books, and the Justice League going through the door at the end of issue 39 will apparently abolish Hyper Time in the DCU.

That's likely what will lead the whole world to operate under the 60 year timeline.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    So it becomes clear that 5G and the 60 year timeline will be a reverse reboot.

And if I'm reading it right, apparently the DCU as we've known it so far has been secretly using Hyper Time in all of its books, and the Justice League going through the door at the end of issue 39 will apparently abolish Hyper Time in the DCU.

That's likely what will lead the whole world to operate under the 60 year timeline.
    It has to be something like that, because I just can’t see DC going multiple series that did all these things that people liked did not matter even though we reference them or plan to reference them in future issues of series to come. I mean I legitimately doubt they’d wipe out Young Justice again after bringing them back and including them in some of the superman stuff going on as well the Kent’s, Wonder Woman being in WW2, and the JSA.

I mean they just established WW2 origins for Wonder Woman literally a week ago, The Kents according to Bendis are gonna be in Superman:Heroes(the one-shot about him revealing his identity), Geoff Johns in an interview flat out said JSA in issue #14 of Shazam, and Superboy and Young Justice are just coming back in Action Comics. I would believe distorted time shenanigans before I would say those series did not have any effect on current ongoings.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-29-2020 at 09:03 AM.
    Words to live by.