Page 90 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    There are several advantages to Wonder Woman being a 1940s hero:

*She was a key member of the JSA, whereas Batman and Superman weren't
    *She's effectively a goddess, so they don't have to explain why she's still young
    *The idea of Wonder Woman as a period piece is part of public consciousness, thanks to the movie and '70s TV show
    It also adds some interesting worldbuilding to DC. When the first major powered hero is a women debuting in the 40s ? Thats gonna kick the femenist movement into high gear. Especially because Diana wont take **** from any patriarchal bs. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an all female Special Forces unit inspired by Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    I doubt it. Wonder Woman is an immortal Amazon princess, so she might not be replaced unless she takes over as Queen of the Amazons.
    Now that I think about it, Wonder Woman NOT being replaced in 5G would give her place as DC’s first hero great significance as she would be the ONLY hero that connects all 5 generations.

I think it's likely that her mantle becomes shared. One version in the solo book, the other on the Justice League or JSA? So you have this new black one, but Diana doesn't retire.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Besides I could totally see Older Superman still being part of the league while old man Bruce sits in the hall of justice coordinating anyone there on missions. He was able to help fight Luthor while in a full body cast you don’t think he won’t be there as an older man. I still think we will get justice league unlimited style of cast, just with a different core.

However I’d honestly agree that I just don’t want them to stick all the new cast of the 5G series on the League at once. That seems a bit fast personally and it also didn’t quite work before, remember when Donna, Mon-el, and Dick lead the Justice League for a little while...then again not entirely fair since other series and events messed that line-up almost every other issue.
    That JLA was practically a Titans team. Though Dick becoming a Leaguer did make sense since he was Batman at the time. Of course, it ended because of the New 52 reboot.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    StarBlossom as 5G Wonderwoman?
    That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    There are several advantages to Wonder Woman being a 1940s hero:

*She was a key member of the JSA, whereas Batman and Superman weren't
    Would that really matter? She's more associated with the Justice League.
    *She's effectively a goddess, so they don't have to explain why she's still young
    But it still writes out Rucka's Year One, so while it explains away why she hasn't aged, I'm not sure if it was necessary.
    *The idea of Wonder Woman as a period piece is part of public consciousness, thanks to the movie and '70s TV show
    I guess I can see that, but in the context of the current DC Universe I think it was better that she had a more modern origin as far as ongoing adventures are concerned.

Are they going to make Diana the leader of the JL? Because there’s no reason she shouldn’t be. She’s going to have decades of experience on both Bats and Supes, she was a charismatic leader in her own right back during the JSA, continuing with the “Batman is the JL leader” would just be insulting when Diana has him completely outclassed in terms of leadership experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Are they going to make Diana the leader of the JL? Because there’s no reason she shouldn’t be. She’s going to have decades of experience on both Bats and Supes, she was a charismatic leader in her own right back during the JSA, continuing with the “Batman is the JL leader” would just be insulting when Diana has him completely outclassed in terms of leadership experience.
    Batman isn’t the leader of the JL. J’onn is the current leader of the League.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Batman isn’t the leader of the JL. J’onn is the current leader of the League.
    J’onn’s been dead for the last couple issues though, but fair enough. If they’re going to make Diana the oldest JL member it kinda feels like a slight to never do a run where she’s leading the team though.

J’onn’s been dead for the last couple issues though, but fair enough. If they’re going to make Diana the oldest JL member it kinda feels like a slight to never do a run where she’s leading the team though.
    I agree as she was a founder of the original League during the Silver Age while Superman and Bats were peripheral members at the beginning for a little bit.

It's probably not going to matter because the League Diana is associated with likely won't have any ongoing stories past flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's probably not going to matter because the League Diana is associated with likely won't have any ongoing stories past flashbacks.
    You’re probably right which is a shame imo. Supes, Bats, J’onn have all had their turn, why not Diana? Good way to make up for that secretary bs way back with the JSA in my option would be to let her take charge for a run.

You’re probably right which is a shame imo. Supes, Bats, J’onn have all had their turn, why not Diana? Good way to make up for that secretary bs way back with the JSA in my option would be to let her take charge for a run.
    If Wonder Woman doesn’t get replaced in 5G then she could still end up as leader of the Justice League.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So it's pretty clear DC had a writers planning session for 5G this week based on Bendis's social media posts https://www.instagram.com/p/B7uewAFp...=1mfejwkrlce49

From what I can tell, the people who I have seen post about being there are..

Brian Michael Bendis
    Matt Fraction
    James Tynion IV

I haven't seen any other writers hint at being there..

I'd be surprised if Joshua Williamson wasn't involved in this. Other than that, up in the air. I feel like we'll start getting more definite information after Snyder's JL run wraps next week. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I'd be surprised if Joshua Williamson wasn't involved in this. Other than that, up in the air. I feel like we'll start getting more definite information after Snyder's JL run wraps next week. Maybe.
    Yeah, I would hope Snyder, Williamson, King and Lemire are involved in this.