Page 52 of 135 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I don't remember them mentioning Luke and Terry were Batman, only that Bruce was the "original original Batman". maybe I missed that part, you remember what scene mentioned that?
    They weren't mentioned by name but thus far we have Bruce and Terry as two long standing. Luke is the 5G Batman and I don't think he's going to have a short stint or a caretaker role like Dick did in B&R. It's a passing of the Mantle.

Yep I guess I'm to blame for the confusion. The two batmen weren't named I was just guessing based on what we have.
    Last edited by dietrich; 11-08-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I believe Bendis said Damian's appearance in the future will be very short.

It definitely implied some numbers but we can't know for sure the people. DC might make Terry non-canon (and honestly any futures in comics are nebulous). The circumstances of Terry getting the role would have to be very different since someone else got it before him and Brucr, based on the timeline, would be dead before we reach Terry's future. Since Bruce is also a 20th century hero now.

That said, it does imply three Batmen and two Supermen. No other mantles got hints.
    Honestly I can't see them making Terry non canon and they could always change his origin like they did in Batman 700 the story that made Terry canon. Damian is his mentor and the Batman before him.

Honestly I'm just guessing but I can't see any others that it could be. It's not Dick and it's not Azreal and it's most definitely not Titans of Tomorrow Tim
    Last edited by dietrich; 11-08-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Future timelines are always sand castles. Any writer down the line can retcon.
    That's true. I mean that future Tim talked about was a retconed version of the Titans of Tomorrow world which was later retconed months later by Tomasi into a world with 2 batman and two Supermen operating alongside each other. It was a mess.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    LOS just confirmed that there's been only 2 Supermen Clark and Jon. 3 Batmen Bruce, Luke and Terry. Just because Jon does indeed go on t o become Superman is just a coincidence.

My guess is Future Tim's future isn't ours or was just a possible future that was changed by Future Tim going back in time twice and F**ing **** up thereby altering the future so he never happens.
    ... I mean... sure Bendis did.

But Lets be honest. Every future story writer is apt at some to emote something like "Ooohh this is the one true future of your favorites...." only to get erased by the next future event.

5G... sounds like... It sounds like a really UNUSUAL idea.

I am LEGIT out of answers for that. I mean... Kid Quantuum as new flash maybe? I'd buy that for a nickel.

Uhm how about ...
    Shazam as superman.
    Batman Beyond as batman
    Amethyst from gemworld as wonderwoman.
    Lois Lane as green arrow....
    oh wait... thats futures end. Dammit. *scratches head*

I guess I'll see what they come up with. I can't wait to see where theyr'e going with this.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 11-09-2019 at 05:26 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    oh wait... thats futures end. Dammit. *scratches head*.
    Yo......so I totally erased future's end from my mind because I remember thinking it was kind of aggressively mediocre, but I just looked up the plot again and.....

" five years in the future, Prime Earth is feeling the after effects of a war across the multiverse."

Doesn't that sound quite a bit like what the set up for 5G seems to be? Snyder is covering the war across the multiverse with his Justice League and upcoming crisis. And apparently the New 52 was supposed to work itself up to lining up with somewhat with Future's End. And with how DC originally wanted the DCU to either skip ahead or catch up with the one year later of Doomsday Clock, I'm very much under the impression that there is a real push at DC to move forward in its own personal timeline.

I'm gonna just come right out as say this is a bit of, I guess, "light" circumstantial evidence to believe an actual time skip is coming for 5G
    Last edited by Superlad93; 11-09-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

It was a dark day when Bendis came to DC.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Future timelines are always sand castles. Any writer down the line can retcon.
    It's no longer limited to the future: they've been retconning the present and even the past for a while now.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRA View Post
    Actually, if was the middle of the day when he was announced. So it was probably sunny, but time zones and all that.

Since the DC timeline doesn’t line up with the one we have now, I’m gonna say that the next crisis reboots the DC Universe again. But this time, we already have a lived in universe( the current WIP timeline) and we start right at the changing of the guard. Black Label ongoings will be used as basically flashbacks for our current heroes.

But that’s just based on the rumors.
    Last edited by ross61; 11-09-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRA View Post
    This was all somewhere in the pipe before he came along, and would be happening whether he was here or not.

This is just Didio trying to get a reboot right. Again. Seriously, this is just what DC does now, and it has nothing to do with Bendis other than he's been hired to write some of it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    It's no longer limited to the future: they've been retconning the present and even the past for a while now.
    And someone else can come along and chuck all of it. Status quo in comics is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Since the DC timeline doesn’t line up with the one we have now, I’m gonna say that the next crisis reboots the DC Universe again. But this time, we already have a lived in universe( the current WIP timeline) and we start right at the changing of the guard. Black Label ongoings will be used as basically flashbacks for our current heroes.

But that’s just based on the rumors.
    That Black Label thing sounds weird if only because the Black Label books aren't strictly in-continuity unless they change how it works.

BANNED

Don't know about G5 or other things but to me the replacements and heirs to batman should always be

Dick
    Damien
    Terry

Other then them I don't see anyone long term replacement I can see Jason todd be batman for a year or two it could have interesting stories but other then them no one else should replace him in my opinion.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Actually, if was the middle of the day when he was announced. So it was probably sunny, but time zones and all that.
    This place needs a like button. This comment is so underrated
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Green Lantern Legacy's early steam might mean that GL (Tai) is the 5G GL.

He's going to be mentored by John Stewart. He could be aged up by 2021.

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 11-12-2019 at 06:49 PM.

BANNED

Superman: Jon
    Batman: Luke
    Wonder Woman: ????
    Green Lantern: Jo or Tai or both?
    Flash: Owen?
    Aquaman: ????