Page 60 of 135 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    That's the rumor from November:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...-dc-comics-5g/

I think someone here guessed Koryak.

How fun, fresh, and actually unexpected if the new Aquaman is Koryak, I mean it looks like he has jaundice but a good artist won't make that same mistake.

Right now it's looking like Jackson is possibly the new Aquaman b/c of his reappearance in the book but him being the next Aquaman would be the most obvious choice outside of Jon being the next Superman and it wouldn't really jive with this rumor about Manapul repurposing the Aquaman earth one book for 5G b/c Jackson doesn't or wouldn't need that.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I honestly don't think so. New 52 essentially proved that drastic changes to the DC Universe can bring you major success. With New 52 essentially being more successful sales wise than Rebirth, it makes sense that it gives DC the courage to move forward with 5g, especially since (according to rumors) the current echelon will still be having books released under a different label.
    This is a very interesting way to intepret my question, it gave a whole new perspective.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-11-2019 at 06:20 PM.

That's the rumor from November:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...-dc-comics-5g/

I think someone here guessed Koryak.

I guess if Owen Mercer is considered for 5G Flash, somebody probably remembers Koryak.
    I honestly don't think so. New 52 essentially proved that drastic changes to the DC Universe can bring you major success. With New 52 essentially being more successful sales wise than Rebirth, it makes sense that it gives DC the courage to move forward with 5g, especially since (according to rumors) the current echelon will still be having books released under a different label.
    I think the New 52 proves a relaunch can be successful. Most of the drastic changes didn't prove sustainable in the long run and outside media eventually moved past pretty quickly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess if Owen Mercer is considered for 5G Flash, somebody probably remembers Koryak.

I think the New 52 proves a relaunch can be successful. Most of the drastic changes didn't prove sustainable in the long run and outside media eventually moved past pretty quickly.

The changes from New 52 definitely varies, but seeing as the changes reverting back to more of a "status quo" is shown to be even less sustainable then the initial changes from New52, it definitely indicates the changes itself was not the problem.

BANNED

So the most plausible 5G roster at this point seems to be:

1. Jon Kent/Superman
    2. Luke Fox/Batman
    3. Cass Sandsmark/Wonder Woman
    4. Jo Mullen/Green Lantern
    5. Owen Mercer/Flash
    6. Kory Curry/Aquaman

The changes from New 52 definitely varies, but seeing as the changes reverting back to more of a "status quo" is shown to be even less sustainable then the initial changes from New52, it definitely indicates the changes itself was not the problem.
    It's hard to quantify those things. One could argue the market was also vastly different from when the New 52 first popped out and every subsequent relaunch is just asking for diminishing returns no matter the quality just as we can't exactly cite the New 52 changes as successful from an audience perspective.

At least 5G won't have a five-year timeline .

1. Jon Kent/Superman
    2. Luke Fox/Batman
    5. Owen Mercer/Flash
    6. Kory Curry/Aquaman
    Cassie seems like wishful thinking. I don't think she's been linked to 5G at all from what I've read.

BANNED

Cassie seems like wishful thinking. I don't think she's been linked to 5G at all from what I've read.
    Yeah, Wonder Woman is the biggest mystery. BleedingCool's original article on her featured images of Cassie as well as Stevie Trevor. Stevie doesn't seem very likely in current continuity, unless Steve meets Wonder Woman earlier than what was presented in the New52. Plus the possibility of 3/6 replacements being direct descendants would be overkill. Depending on whoever Diana's father is, she and Cassie are cousins at best. The only other candidate seems to be Elysian, who is more sci fantasy than high fantasy. Helen Paul was brought up but dismissed later.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-11-2019 at 06:32 PM.

1. Jon Kent/Superman
    2. Luke Fox/Batman
    5. Owen Mercer/Flash
    6. Kory Curry/Aquaman
    iunno who Kory is but I'm more incline to believe Jackson Hyde would take Arthur's mantle, but that's mainly based on how well Kaldur'ahm's turn as Aquaman was received in Young Justice. the only one I have any real issue with is The Flash being replaced by Boomerang's son, of all of the rumors that have come out about 5G I think that's the least plausible option. There is no reason that would justify him being the Flash, he doesn't even exist in current continuity. I could grasp the idea of, assuming Wallace becomes the Flash or takes a new name in 5G, DC bringing Owen Mercer as the next Kid Flash; other than that I don't think he's likely to be used in that capacity. the rest I can see happening
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-11-2019 at 11:37 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

1. Jon Kent/Superman
    2. Luke Fox/Batman
    5. Owen Mercer/Flash
    6. Kory Curry/Aquaman
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No, we have nothing on Wonder Woman and Cassie being chosen would be too obvious of a choice, BC has speculated on 2 "candidates" but they've heard nothing so far.
    4. No, BC is saying it's between Keli and Jo, so it's still undecided.
    5.Yes
    6. No, Koryak is just speculation, we have nothing on Aquaman, Jackson looks like the likely candidate but it would be too obvious of a choice and it doesn't match up with what BC heard in regards to Aquaman earth one being repurposed for 5G which Jackson wouldn't need.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    iunno who Kory is but I'm more incline to believe Jackson Hyde would take Arthur's mantle, but that's mainly based on how well Kaldur'ahm's turn as Aquaman was received in Young Justice. the only one I have any real issue with is The Flash being replaced by Boomerang's son; of all of the rumors that have come out about 5G I think that's the least plausible option. There is no reason that would justify him being the Flash, he doesn't even exist in current continuity. I could grasp the idea of, assuming Wallace becomes the Flash or takes a new name in 5G, DC bringing Owen Mercer as the next Kid Flash; other than that I don't think he's likely to be used in that capacity. the rest I can see happening
    I thought so too, but I read he did appear in the last Suicide Squad run.

He still feels like such a random choice. The Flash is all about legacy and succession, and I don't see how Captain Boomerang II is a good choice to carry that on just because he's got super-speed and a connection to the Thawnes.

Maybe they wanted a character who used to be a villain to lead a book and possibly be in a team book (i.e justice league).

I thought so too, but I read he did appear in the last Suicide Squad run.

He still feels like such a random choice. The Flash is all about legacy and succession, and I don't see how Captain Boomerang II is a good choice to carry that on just because he's got super-speed and a connection to the Thawnes.
    Really? I'm genuinely surprised but i doubt his character is particularly heroic and, regardless, what rationale could they possibly have to make him Flash? i remain doubtful that one will be true, like when the where there was that leak that Wally would join the suicide squad after commiting manslaughter in HiC.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I think the YotV : Ocean Master hinted at the future successor of Orin pretty well. And damn, it fits !

There is no reason that would justify him being the Flash, he doesn't even exist in current continuity.
    “Current continuity” is still in flux. With the upcoming “new DC timeline”, it looks like most of what New 52 took out of continuity will be back in continuity, as part of G3. My guess is that Doomsday Clock #12 will be what brings the new timeline into play. And once that's done, Owen Mercer will be in continuity again.

I'm not saying I agree with the choice, mind you; I'm merely pointing out that by the time 5G becomes a thing, continuity will not be what it has been for the past eight years. Heck, I won't be surprised if the new timeline results in some of the characters who were de-aged in the New 52 being re-aged, and then some, leading to their retirement: if another time shift happens and Bruce wakes up in his sixties, that could explain why he would hang up the cape and let someone else be Batman. Just to pick one example.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member

It's hard to quantify those things. One could argue the market was also vastly different from when the New 52 first popped out and every subsequent relaunch is just asking for diminishing returns no matter the quality just as we can't exactly cite the New 52 changes as successful from an audience perspective.

At least 5G won't have a five-year timeline .

None of the younger heroes have been mentioned in 5G which raises a lot of questions.

Astonishing Member

iunno who Kory is but I'm more incline to believe Jackson Hyde would take Arthur's mantle, but that's mainly based on how well Kaldur'ahm's turn as Aquaman was received in Young Justice. the only one I have any real issue with is The Flash being replaced by Boomerang's son, of all of the rumors that have come out about 5G I think that's the least plausible option. There is no reason that would justify him being the Flash, he doesn't even exist in current continuity. I could grasp the idea of, assuming Wallace becomes the Flash or takes a new name in 5G, DC bringing Owen Mercer as the next Kid Flash; other than that I don't think he's likely to be used in that capacity. the rest I can see happening
    Jackson should get the Aquaman mantle, but DC seems more interested in surprising people this time around.I feel like the Owen Mercer rumors are just a red herring.