Page 127 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Flash is supposedly going to be replaced by the son of a Flash villain or some equivalent of.

Wonder Woman was the first to be replaced but there was never any concrete info on who was going to replace her.

I think the main rumors were Jackson Hyde becoming Aquaman.
    I've heard Hyde as Aquaman.
    I remember hearing something that a young black woman was going to be Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I've heard Hyde as Aquaman.
    I remember hearing something that a young black woman was going to be Wonder Woman.
    People assumed Maggie from Wilson's run on WW was gonna take over the role. She was a new character introduced in the run and people thought Wilson had an easier time writing her than Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    New rumor is that 5G will be repurposed as a separate imprint depicting an alternate/possible future of the DC Universe.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/goss...athan-kent-5g/
    So we've come full circle, I remember when we all first learned that 5G and the timelime existed, and that it was connected, some (like myself) were speculating that DC would publish books from different generations.

That seems like a likely scenario even now, only with the word imprint attached to the 5G part, and I'm fine with that as it seems more freedom is possibly attached to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I don’t have time to go through the whole thread. Can someone please list all the known replacements for superhero names that are suppose to occur?

The only ones I know are Luke Fox for Batman and Jon Kent for Superman.
    Jon and Luke Fox were the rumored 5G Superman and Batman.

There were no rumors about who was taking over the Wonder Woman moniker, just speculation from fans.

Teen Lantern and Far Sector's Jo were the names that were for 5G Green Lantern, BC wasn't sure which.

Boomerang's son was rumored for 5G Flash.

There were no rumors on who was taking over for Aquaman but it was heavily speculated by fans that it was Jackson/Aqualad.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member

Boomerang’s son Owen Mercer is back in continuity?

I thought he died in Blackest Night. Hopefully, Bart finds out Owen is half brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Boomerang’s son Owen Mercer is back in continuity?

I thought he died in Blackest Night. Hopefully, Bart finds out Owen is half brother.
    He came back in an issue of Suicide Squad, I believe.

Per Jim Lee, John Ridley is now working on a Batman mini-series with a "huge impact on the rest of the line."

Given Ridley was rumored to be writing the 5G Batman book, I wonder if this is connected.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...comics-1307413

Per Jim Lee, John Ridley is now working on a Batman mini-series with a "huge impact on the rest of the line."

Given Ridley was rumored to be writing the 5G Batman book, I wonder if this is connected.
    There was talk of 5G being reworked into being a separate imprint. So you’d still get Luke Fox Batman and Jon Kent Superman but instead of taking over the main books, they’d be doing those as separate standalones.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Even more interesting, the CBR article says the project will be talked about at DC Fandome and the Ridley will also appear in the joker war panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There was talk of 5G being reworked into being a separate imprint. So you’d still get Luke Fox Batman and Jon Kent Superman but instead of taking over the main books, they’d be doing those as separate standalones.
    Yeah, although I'm not sure if that would have a "huge impact on the rest of the line."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, although I'm not sure if that would have a "huge impact on the rest of the line."
    Could be a Bruce Wayne Batman mini instead. Not like DC would turn their nose up at more Batman content right now lol.

He just means the Batman line right?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He just means the Batman line right?
    Have you seen the state of the line? Batman IS the DC Lineup.

Fantastic Member

i walked away from comics in january after i found out about this 5G thing, but i saw headlines saying it was cancelled. so thought about coming back on board but guess I'll have to wait and see at this fandome if i'm coming back to comics or staying away till sales tank so bad they bring back Bruce, Clark, Diana and the rest.

I thought 5G was cancelled as well. Who and when said it was going to come out still?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I thought 5G was cancelled as well. Who and when said it was going to come out still?
    I've heard that some of 5G was already produced, so it's going to be released but as a mini series/Elseworlds instead of being the new status quo for the main range.