Page 128 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I thought 5G was cancelled as well. Who and when said it was going to come out still?
    Bleedingcool like a month or two ago pretty much said that instead of just wasting money that DC will reuse the 5G stuff in some capacity, be it a supposed alternate timeline imprint, mini-series, or digital exclusive content remains to be seen. There’s been a hell of a lot of shake ups since we heard of 5G so who is to say what form it takes now if any.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Thanks for the infos. Hopefully if some were really good they get a chance to shine. Very glad Clark is staying Superman in the main universe though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I thought 5G was cancelled as well. Who and when said it was going to come out still?
    Nope, BC says it's an imprint now, don't know if they will be minis or maxis or if they'll be physical or digital.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Nope, BC says it's an imprint now, don't know if they will be minis or maxis or if they'll be physical or digital.
    Do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Do you have a link?
    Here you go:

Instead, I am now told that what was 5G, what they had decided to retain, will be an imprint of related books, showing a future for the DC Comics but not necessarily in the continuity of the shared universe.

And that previously reported plans for a much older Superman to become the new leader of The Authority are part of that storyline. With Jonathan Kent as the Superman that the rest of the world will know.

But what will bind all the 5G titles together, and keep them separate from the rest of the DC Timeline now, begins with Jonathan Kent using Smallville as his own Fortress Of Solitude. So that the people of the town protect him from the outside world after Smallville becomes a tourist attraction after Clark Kent revealed his identity. Something that might involve a more authoritarian Superman.

But going forward, Jonathan Kent takes the entire city of Metropolis and makes it into a bottle city, a bit like Kandor. And its in that world that this imprint is going to take place. Quite literally, a 'bottled' 5G.

As for creative teams, schedules and formats, that is still all up in the air as far as I'm concerned. but either San Diego Comic-Con@Home or the DC Fandome might be possible online venues to announce such a project. Keep watching the skies…
    Source

If you are confused by some of the things mentioned ...don't worry, some of us are too.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

That honestly sounds awful. And it was already bad enough with the age up of Jon. Glad that's not going to be in the main continuity.

Now, just need Jon back to being a kid (around Damian's age) and Bendis not writing him.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Here you go:

Source

If you are confused by some of the things mentioned ...don't worry, some of us are too.
    Wow that sounds awful
    It makes sense that Smallville's gonna be a tourist attraction after the reveal but everything else is a bad idea
    Also wouldn't it make more sense to bottle Smallville since it's the one invaded by tourists instead of Metropolis? Not that either of those is a good idea
    and if Smallville is invaded by tourists, why choose to make a Fortress of Solitude there?

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wow that sounds awful
    It makes sense that Smallville's gonna be a tourist attraction after the reveal but everything else is a bad idea
    Also wouldn't it make more sense to bottle Smallville since it's the one invaded by tourists instead of Metropolis? Not that either of those is a good idea
    and if Smallville is invaded by tourists, why choose to make a Fortress of Solitude there?
    There is a belief that when Bendis leaves the titles at the end of this year/beginning of next year that a reset button of sorts will be hit, and the status quo will more or less return to normal including the reveal as well as Jon's age-up. This likely wasn't going to be the case if 5G was going full speed ahead but since it's been relegated to an imprint (and even that seems murky given recent events) Bendis has indicated an intent to return things as they were prior to him taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    There is a belief that when Bendis leaves the titles at the end of this year/beginning of next year that a reset button of sorts will be hit, and the status quo will more or less return to normal including the reveal as well as Jon's age-up. This likely wasn't going to be the case if 5G was going full speed ahead but since it's been relegated to an imprint (and even that seems murky given recent events) Bendis has indicated an intent to return things as they were prior to him taking over.
    I sure as hell can't wait for Perfect Family Superman and Superbland basic good kid Jon to return. Hopefully they'll stay confined to the Superbooks then and not approach Damian Wayne or the Batbooks at all.

No more Supersons is all I'm asking for, really.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I sure as hell can't wait for Perfect Family Superman and Superbland basic good kid Jon to return. Hopefully they'll stay confined to the Superbooks then and not approach Damian Wayne or the Batbooks at all.

No more Supersons is all I'm asking for, really.
    Ok. Tell me, why do you feel Bendis's jon isn't bland good kid while supersons jon is? I mean, Bendis's jon generally felt like he didn't have a personality was just clark 2.0 for me.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-18-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I haven’t seen anything that makes me think that. Source? Nothing lasts forever in comics but I haven’t seen any indication that Bendis is going to throw out his whole run.

Astonishing Member

Well, he showed a couple of times that Clark and Lois miss their "boy Jon" . But he, I think, just shows that he understands perfectly well, that DC most likely will retcon this after he finishes his run. Or maybe he'll do it himself, before leaving.
    But indicating that his entire run will be erased, I don't remember this, to be honest.

I choose to think of this stuff as some elseworld project.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I haven’t seen anything that makes me think that. Source? Nothing lasts forever in comics but I haven’t seen any indication that Bendis is going to throw out his whole run.
    Someone posted a tweet of his where he made the comment about not wanting to force the next writer to follow up what he's done and leaving him/her with a clean slate (or words to that effect). I think "throw out his whole run" is probably too strong and I'm sorry if I implied that.

Pretty sure the tweet was posted in this thread, but I'm not sure and to be honest I may be doing a complete Mandela Effect and misremembering what was actually said:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ets-both-books

Again, my feeling was that had 5G gone through as intended, then things like the reveal and Jon's aging would have stuck. But my guess is that by the time Bendis starts to wrap up his run, he's going to undo at least one, if not both, of those plots.
    Last edited by kingaliencracker; 08-18-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wow that sounds awful
    Here's how I interpreted the Bleeding Cool article...

1. 5G was supposed to be the new present of the DC universe once the timeline was implemented, but now it'll be a series of comics (a whole imprint) set in the future.

2. "Not necessarily in the continuity of the shared universe." Instead of interpreting that quote to mean that it's an elseworlds imprint, I personally took it to mean that it has loose continuity since the future is never set in stone.

3. BC has been reporting that an older Superman is gonna be leading The Authority and it sounds canon-y; outside of 5G I'm not sure where else we could see an older Superman do this especially with the inevitable reboot (or whatever you want to call it) that's seemingly gonna happen after Metal.

4. Jon Kent won't have a civillian identity.

Here's where it gets iffy...

5. Just as Doomday's Clock emphasized the significance/importance of Clark!Superman to the DC universe, 5G is doing the same with Jon!Superman.

6. Instead of using the Fortress of Solitude, Jon will be using Smallville.

7. Metropolis becomes a tourist attraction b/c of Clark!Superman, Lois, and Jon!Superman, I think it was an error when Rich mentioned Smallville again.

Here's where it gets even more iffy...

8. Either Metropolis becomes the new Kandor or it's not that literal and Metropolis becomes a domed city; I'm not sure how to interpret that particular part.

Some other stuff to think about:

1. There are 2 secret/untitled panels at the DC Fandome event, maybe 5G will be brought up there.

2. BC is claiming the Batman mini Jim Lee mentioned John Ridley is writing is Luke Fox related but Jim Lee stated that mini will effect the rest of the line, so either that mini is about Bruce, 5G is very much canon, or "line" refers to imprint.

3. BC reported DC doing a Digital Initiative that had the scope/scale and continuity of what 5G was and that it would have a different version of Batman and Superman; could this digital initiative be a new version of 5G.

4. Is it possible this 5G imprint is the next phase of the Wonder Comic imprint.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer