Page 129 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2012
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    There is a belief that when Bendis leaves the titles at the end of this year/beginning of next year that a reset button of sorts will be hit, and the status quo will more or less return to normal including the reveal as well as Jon's age-up. This likely wasn't going to be the case if 5G was going full speed ahead but since it's been relegated to an imprint (and even that seems murky given recent events) Bendis has indicated an intent to return things as they were prior to him taking over.
    Who is the belief shared by, because I frequent the superman board a lot and this rumor has never come up. If anything, it's the opposite and the only thing we have heard is that the Jon as superman storyline is one of the few 5G storylines still happening.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Here you go:

Source

If you are confused by some of the things mentioned ...don't worry, some of us are too.
    Superman leading the Authority? I'm kind of curious what's going on with that.

I'm intrigued by Jonathon Kent being Superman of the Bottle City of Smallville.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Who is the belief shared by, because I frequent the superman board a lot and this rumor has never come up. If anything, it's the opposite and the only thing we have heard is that the Jon as superman storyline is one of the few 5G storylines still happening.
    I posted the thread that it originally came from on the prior page of this thread. Again, I may be misremembering what I read so please don't quote me on it but the gist of it was that Bendis indicated that he wouldn't expect someone to be obligated to follow-up what he established and therefore would more or less leave the books as he inherited them.

Having said that, I have not heard that Jon taking over the role of Superman will be sticking beyond either a short arc to end Bendis' run or as part of the 5G imprint, the latter of which is likely up in the air now with all the recent layoffs. With Bendis leaving the titles at the end of the year/early next year, I can't imagine he would be having Jon take over and then just depart. And given the apparent creative shift at DC they don't seem inclined to replace any of their top brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Superman leading the Authority? I'm kind of curious what's going on with that.

I'm intrigued by Jonathon Kent being Superman of the Bottle City of Smallville.
    More than likely it's Metroplis that's bottled or domed.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I posted the thread that it originally came from on the prior page of this thread. Again, I may be misremembering what I read so please don't quote me on it but the gist of it was that Bendis indicated that he wouldn't expect someone to be obligated to follow-up what he established and therefore would more or less leave the books as he inherited them.

Having said that, I have not heard that Jon taking over the role of Superman will be sticking beyond either a short arc to end Bendis' run or as part of the 5G imprint, the latter of which is likely up in the air now with all the recent layoffs. With Bendis leaving the titles at the end of the year/early next year, I can't imagine he would be having Jon take over and then just depart. And given the apparent creative shift at DC they don't seem inclined to replace any of their top brands.
    Jim Lee stated the lay offs have nothing to do with what they plan on putting out.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

More than likely it's Metroplis that's bottled or domed.

Jim Lee stated the lay offs have nothing to do with what they plan on putting out.
    Yep, at least during the time of the THR article on Friday, no writers/artists were told to stop any projects they were doing. Though obviously the new "esports" maneger person still isn't joining DC till sometime in September apparently, so we'll see if that actually changes anything.

Just announced at #DCFanDome: A new Batman series—starring a new Batman?—will debut in January 2021 from John Ridley and
    @NickDerington
    ! Cover by Ladrönn!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Really??????????????

Oh here comes the CRYING......

BANNED

Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    If this is Luke, then I was expecting a more radical redesign.

It's so wild, we've been discussing this for what like forever for it to finally be announced.

1. There are 2 secret/untitled panels at the DC Fandome event, maybe 5G will be brought up there.
    No there isn't, there's only one. Turned out to be Milestone.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

5G Superman probably will brought up on Sept 12 panel for Superman.

However seems like rest of the replacements are scrapped.

BANNED

Nubia will proably happen too.

I honestly expected them to reveal more. We didn't even get the mini's title or confirmation on the lead character being Luke.
    Plus 4 issues is way too short, IMO.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I honestly expected them to reveal more. We didn't even get the mini's title or confirmation on the lead character being Luke.
    Plus 4 issues is way too short, IMO.
    The 4 issue thing sticks out to me a lot as well. What can you possibly introduce "that changes the universe" in a four issue mini. From what little description given it affects the Fox family. Well they aren't really used all that much now anyway. So what ever changes made might not even stick 3 years later and since it's only 4 issues the ground breaking black Batman that they will market hard is kind of a dud knowing it's on a literal time limit.