Page 3 of 135 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Didn't we go through this in the 90's?

To counter the JL retro-silver-bronze-age revival;
    My unapologetically 90s Earth eXtreme! team ....

The eXtreme Replacements; that required their predecessors all be; eXtreme de-powered, character assassinated, insane, crippled, or dead! While the "new" heroes take over and pull the I have to live up to the legacy angst, while simultaneously sh*ting all over the past, so they can take over, ...eXtremely! LOL!

Also comes with eXtreme angst poses!
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-11-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Astonishing Member

I really hate the idea of doing a blanket transition. I'm all for legacy and progression in the medium and timeline but each franchise should handle it on its own terms, with its own stories unique to the characters. Not just slapdash change everyone at the same time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the real gauging of this is whether it's an out-of-continuity stories set in the future or actual relaunches of all the main titles replacing everybody.

I don't see the latter succeeding at all.

'Cuz DC doesn't really care about Donna and won't let other Wonder Woman writers use her...
    Donna getting promoted to WW would give her character much needed stability. Atlantiades was just introduced and her identity as Aphrodite's daughter is pretty stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Who's Maggie? New character?
    Yeah, new supporting character that Wilson introduced in her run. Hell she's started donning Amazon gear now according to the latest preview.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

I find it interesting that DC feels the need to introduce a new generation after ignoring the previous like 3 or 4.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Why promote Atlantiades when Donna is around?

becasue Forget donna Forget artemis Forget Cassie

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

The unapologetically 90s Earth eXtreme! team ....

The eXtreme Replacements; that required their predecessors all be; eXtreme de-powered, crippled, insane, character assassinated, or dead!
    So they could take over, ...eXtremely! LOL!

I'll take it!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I'll just ride out the wave like every other replacement story that has happened in the past few decades. If they can get good writers on some of these series then I'll give them a chance at least to be good, and who knows it may surprise me.

As I've said in other threads though I'm more indifferent then anything, this isn't character assassination that would make me angry or anything that would make me hyped. At this point its just the continuing cycle we've seen before.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    This is fine if they want to introduce it as something that runs parallel with what's already familiar, but if it outright REPLACES what's familiar, we're looking down the barrel of something that might make the New 52 outrage seem like a minor quibble by comparison.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Which I think is great. Maybe fandom (and editorial) needs an all-out, all franchise encompassing war before learning that breaking other kids toys is not cool.

Do like brazilian mothers do: BREAK ALL THE TOYS, NO ONE PLAYS. Leads to a bit a crying at first, and a more peaceful tomorrow.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I really hate the idea of doing a blanket transition. I'm all for legacy and progression in the medium and timeline but each franchise should handle it on its own terms, with its own stories unique to the characters. Not just slapdash change everyone at the same time.
    Yeah, this is basically going against legacy just to go with "surprising choices."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, this is basically going against legacy just to go with "surprising choices."
    "Surprise" is better than what we have right now.

Even if it sucks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

My unapologetically 90s Earth eXtreme! team ....

The eXtreme Replacements; that required their predecessors all be; eXtreme de-powered, crippled, insane, character assassinated, or dead! While the "new" heroes take over and pull the I have to live up to the legacy angst, while simultaneously sh*ting all over the past, so they can take over, ...eXtremely! LOL!

Also comes with eXtreme angst poses!
    Hey microheroes .... just for that you got my vote ....

Astonishing Member

I feel like this whole 5G thing(assuming that all these rumors are actually true)is a roundabout way of discrediting legacy characters. The higher ups at DC arrange something that they know is going to fail or preform poorly and use that as an example to justify why legacy characters should be kept on the backseat.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I feel like this whole 5G thing(assuming that all these rumors are actually true)is a roundabout way of discrediting legacy characters. The higher ups at DC arrange something that they know is going to fail or preform poorly and use that as an example to justify why legacy characters should be kept on the backseat.
    Considering what DC did with HiC I can see this. We don't know what's planned for next year, just that it's most likely a Crisis and at the end of the day Wally is probably getting pinned with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Superman- Goku
    Batman- Piccolo
    Wonder Woman- Eighteen
    Flash- Goku
    Green Lantern- Future Trunks
    Aquaman- Gohan
    Plastic Man- Krillin
    The "Hold'em off until Goku gets here" League!