Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Why promote Atlantiades when Donna is around?
    I'm not even remotely interested in seeing Donna take on the role. But better her than whoever they are actually going with.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because what happens if the replacement does a Jane Foster? You know have better sales than the original?
    We get even more tedious fandom wars over who is the best version. Which is the real legacy the legacy concept often leaves us, and we could do without more of it.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 10-07-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I was kind of hoping carol Ferris would stay as star sapphire.
    Same here, I like her as SS.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Donna getting promoted to WW would give her character much needed stability. Atlantiades was just introduced and her identity as Aphrodite's daughter is pretty stable.
    Yeah, but be honest, doesn't going the worst possible route and picking a new person to screw over the established supporting cast sound EXACTLY like what DC would do to Wonder Woman?

Every time a good arc comes out of her book, I'm convinced editorial did everything they could to stop it and it only came out because, well, they set their mind to something regarding Wonder Woman so it had to go wrong.

i got a Future's end vibe out of this

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, but be honest, doesn't going the worst possible route and picking a new person to screw over the established supporting cast sound EXACTLY like what DC would do to Wonder Woman?

Every time a good arc comes out of her book, I'm convinced editorial did everything they could to stop it and it only came out because, well, they set their mind to something regarding Wonder Woman so it had to go wrong.
    And now we have confirmation that weird, convoluted stuff is likely going on with Steve (and likely Etta). And we now have two Cheetahs.

Huzzah.

DC confuses me.

This looks like such a terrible idea that I don't believe the rumor will turn out to be true. I'm not against new characters taking the place of old ones, even definitely, but not all of them at the same time. This sort of thing should happen for artistic reasons, a writer deciding to write the story, and not for editorial reasons, so that it doesn't feel forced.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    'Cuz DC doesn't really care about Donna and won't let other Wonder Woman writers use her...
    I believe you that they won't let writers use Donna, but source?

Also, why is the tag for this thread has "gay rights"? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I believe you that they won't let writers use Donna, but source?

Also, why is the tag for this thread has "gay rights"? XD
    I'd have to search for it, but I think G. Willow Wilson said she can't use Donna.

All new all different DC
    Its gonna be fun watching DC handle this
    Marvel barely made it out alive but they kinda stuck the landing
    DC has nowhere near the amount of good will to replace Superman or Wonder Woman without causing a huge **** storm in those fandoms
    Aquaman has a cool legacy lineup
    Batman has about 15 people who could replace him now
    Flash is gonna be interesting
    Green Lantern well look how many human lanterns there are now

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    All new all different DC
    Its gonna be fun watching DC handle this
    Marvel barely made it out alive but they kinda stuck the landing
    DC has nowhere near the amount of good will to replace Superman or Wonder Woman without causing a huge **** storm in those fandoms
    Aquaman has a cool legacy lineup
    Batman has about 15 people who could replace him now
    Flash is gonna be interesting
    Green Lantern well look how many human lanterns there are now
    Replacing Aquaman feels like a misstep when the movie was just so successful with Arthur Curry.

How can you replace Green Lantern when there are already so many Earth Lanterns then DC knows what to do with?

Yeah, for crying out loud, if you want to replace Hal, fine, but the replacement should be one of the other five human GLs they already have (I'd go with Jessica).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Go as crazy as possible I say.

Anything to to be rid of the current silver/bronze age stench.
    I came here to say this in less strong words lol. DC can afford to move on to new things, instead of taking half-steps as they've been doing all this time. Half-steps are easy to take back, which just brings us back to the same old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I’m going to begin using the ones that seem likely based on present rumors, and then fill in the blanks

• Superman: Jon Kent
    • Wonder Woman: Atlantiades
    • Batman: Luke Fox
    • Aquaman: Jackson Hyde / Kaldur’ahm
    • Green Lantern: Carol Ferris
    • Flash: Avery Ho
    Quoting because this is the most interesting post on the first page to me lol.

I think Jackson is very likely now, since he's even mentioned in the timeline when a more prominent character like Jessica Cruz isn't, and you know, Young Justice: Outsiders is a thing.

I can see why you chose Carol, but I personally don't see that happening. I think they'd want to pull from younger or newer characters. Which is probably why I think Avery is a good choice for the new Flash, although I'm not too certain about it. Doomsday Clock implies she'd be with the Great Twenty in China, but as the Fastest Person Alive, I guess she'd be able to manage taking care of the whole planet or something.

Atlantiades is the character I know the least about, only that some people ship her with Diana and that's cool. Is there a specific reason she might make sense, or just you best guess?

Atlantiades is one of the more recent powered characters to show up in Wonder Woman's newest run. If they aren't using Donna or Cassie she could be a good bet since she's a demigod herself who has good relations with Diana. I can see it but I can also see it not happening.

I think Jackson is the safest bet for Aquaman but I'm at a lose for GL and Flash. I guess Avery? Maybe Jessica Cruz?

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    This looks like such a terrible idea that I don't believe the rumor will turn out to be true. I'm not against new characters taking the place of old ones, even definitely, but not all of them at the same time. This sort of thing should happen for artistic reasons, a writer deciding to write the story, and not for editorial reasons, so that it doesn't feel forced.
    DC always forces sweeping editorial change.
    It's how they've managed and sold "crisis" events to fans as the main drive of their universe, over actual character.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-07-2019 at 06:50 PM.