Page 42 of 135 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
    Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    This looks like such a terrible idea that I don't believe the rumor will turn out to be true. I'm not against new characters taking the place of old ones, even definitely, but not all of them at the same time. This sort of thing should happen for artistic reasons, a writer deciding to write the story, and not for editorial reasons, so that it doesn't feel forced.
    Sadly, DC now doesn’t have the people in charge who respect the legacies of the characters (like Johns, Tomasi, Wolfman, Levitz, Jurgens) in positions of power right now......they have DiDio, who wants to get rid of anything from Superman’s marriage, Wally West and Nightwing, Bendis, who seems to have gotten worse as time went by and who convinced DC to hire some of the same writers from Marvel that Marvel into the mess they’re in (though some say Marvel is doing better now), Morrison, who is known for not caring about continuity or does what he wants, like Bendis, etc.........odds are Bendis and his new writer brethren would be running this 5G debacle, with Bendis helming the Crisis that precedes it.......and it would be a train wreck to watch.........(And many would read just for the hope that something is even halfway good, but it’s probably going to be POC Characters that they’ll cram down our throats)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Same guy who conflates Elongated Man with Plastic Man. Unless that's an editorial mandate.
    He didn't. Event:Leviathan 4 and 5 are proof of that.

Since when is Plastic Man a detective?
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Pretty much since always.

Original pre-Crisis Eel ended up working for the FBI, if I'm not mistaken. Post-Crisis version opened up a detective agency a little after getting powers.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Pretty much since always.

Original pre-Crisis Eel ended up working for the FBI, if I'm not mistaken. Post-Crisis version opened up a detective agency a little after getting powers.

Well dang, what do I know I guess?
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

I meant that Elongated Man and Plastic Man are in the books now.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Sadly, DC now doesn’t have the people in charge who respect the legacies of the characters (like Johns, Tomasi, Wolfman, Levitz, Jurgens) in positions of power right now......they have DiDio, who wants to get rid of anything from Superman’s marriage, Wally West and Nightwing, Bendis, who seems to have gotten worse as time went by and who convinced DC to hire some of the same writers from Marvel that Marvel into the mess they’re in (though some say Marvel is doing better now), Morrison, who is known for not caring about continuity or does what he wants, like Bendis, etc.........odds are Bendis and his new writer brethren would be running this 5G debacle, with Bendis helming the Crisis that precedes it.......and it would be a train wreck to watch.........(And many would read just for the hope that something is even halfway good, but it’s probably going to be POC Characters that they’ll cram down our throats)
    Morrison and Bendis arent comparable in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm willing to bet that none of the current creative teams, other then maybe Bendis, will still be on the 5G titles.

Maybe DeConnick will still be on Aquaman if she was told to introduce Jackson to set up 5G.

But now that I think about it, we have like, nine viable Earth Lanterns across DC's entire comics line. And people say the Batfamily is too big .
    Maybe some of those lanterns die in the crisis

I honestly think not even Bendis will stay on Superman but he may keep legion. Could be wrong though.

Hum...maybe the older leaguers will be the New Justice Society...

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    Hum...maybe the older leaguers will be the New Justice Society...
    The Justice Society...always the old guys .

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Morrison and Bendis arent comparable in the slightest.
    That’s true, I always needed a Philosophy Degree to understand Morrison’s JLA, particularly Rock of Ages.......or his he refused to tell other writers what he was doing in Action

While the leading rumor is that Luke Fox is supposed to take over for Batman, i think The Gentle Man from Tom King's run would be a FAR better choice (and I don't even personally have a particular distaste for Luke as Batman) to take over the cowl.

Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-25-2019 at 05:31 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    While the leading rumor is that Luke Fox is supposed to take over for Batman, i think The Gentle Man from Tom King's run would be a FAR better choice (and I don't even personally have a particular distaste for Luke as Batman) to take over the cowl.
    The Gentle Man would feel even more random then Luke for my money .

At least Luke is technically keeping it "in the family."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Gentle Man would feel even more random then Luke for my money .
    Random but less forced IMO. instead of randomly choosing to step down and play man in the chair for Luke in an odd Batman Beyond/Batman Inc era DickBat plot, they could use Gentle Man's interdimensional premise to take Bruce off the table and have rescuing Bruce from the Gentle Man's realm be the throughline for him. That way it'll feel more self-evident that Bruce will return but when Bruce returns instead of it feeling like a bit of a demotion (as I feel going from Batman back to Batwing would look like) they can use it as an easy jumping-off point to launch Gentle Man as a character; using his time as Batman to flesh him out and build his own rogues and quirks to use down the line. Luke Fox is basically a blank slate so they have plenty freedom to do with him but Julian is an actual blank slate they could do anything to really distinguish him as his own character or as Batman from his origin to his skills and abilities to even his cultural heritage (the man doesn't even have a last name). I doubt DC would put so much thought into but I still think it could be pretty cool
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Superman- G̶o̶k̶u̶ King Kai
    Batman- P̶i̶c̶c̶o̶l̶o̶ Hercule
    Wonder Woman- E̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶e̶n̶ Videl
    Flash- G̶o̶k̶u̶ Dende
    Green Lantern- F̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶T̶r̶u̶n̶k̶s̶ Seventeen
    Aquaman- G̶o̶h̶a̶n̶ Lord Beerus
    Plastic Man- K̶r̶i̶l̶l̶i̶n̶ Raditz
    Mister Miracle - Kami
    Pretty fun idea. I have edited it to include what I would do, also you used Goku twice.
    I also added one.