Page 45 of 135 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I wonder if any of the new 5G heroes will get their own sidekicks?

Could we see Luke Fox batman with a new Robin? if Damian is aged out the role?
    Or will Jon Superman or whoever takes the flash mantle have a new sidekick?
    Probably not at first, but if the new versions of the big name characters manage to sell well and attract an audience, they are bound to have their own sidekicks someday.

I actually wanted Duke to be Luke's robin before Duke became the Signal.

I would've adapted Snyder/Capullo's "Superheavy" and used Luke instead of Gordon. Duke would be with the We R Robin teens.

So I'd probably use one of them.

I wouldn't be against it, but a part of me is like "do we really need even more new characters ?"

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I doubt that Donna or Cassie will get the mantle. Donna is going to be shafted in the upcoming months with this BWL nonsense(not to mention the baggage associated with her eternal identity crisis) and Cassie is on multiversal adventures with YJ.
    Cassie and the Young Justice crew come back to Earth 0 November.

I think these new guys should try to stand by themselves before giving them sidekicks. They should try to get at least some prestige to earn followers.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Why make Naomi Wonder Woman when you could use Nubia?
    Because the whole idea is that the replacements are not the usual ones we'd normally predict. They're going for something different

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Because the whole idea is that the replacements are not the usual ones we'd normally predict. They're going for something different
    Jon kent isn't exactly out of left field. People were joking about it. When bendis was coming thing was announced .

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon kent isn't exactly out of left field. People were joking about it. When bendis was coming thing was announced .
    You don't think Jon who was only recently introduced is, currently in the middle of an age up controversy where fans are complaining that we haven't got to see him grow up. Being aged up even further to become Superman to Luke Fox's batman isn't out of left field?

I feel it is.

Also curious, do you know how old Kara is currently? I saw somewhere that she's 16 which would mean jon's now older.

You don't think Jon who was only recently introduced is, currently in the middle of an age up controversy where fans are complaining that we haven't got to see him grow up. Being aged up even further to become Superman to Luke Fox's batman isn't out of left field?

I feel it is.

Also curious, do you know how old Kara is currently? I saw somewhere that she's 16 which would mean jon's now older.
    Well, from what i heard bendis does this sort of thing. People who know his writing style were able to pretty much tell. The age up was predicted and people made casual joke of clark being replaced by jon. Another prediction (it was more of a worry) was for jon to be killed. Well, bendis had to come out and be upfront about that. Another worry was bendis turning jon into angsty teen or something like superboy prime. Bendis had to come out and calm people about that too. Even though jon is written pretty boring, stiff and plain by bendis. At the very least jon isn't superboy prime. Last thing i want is "i will kill you to death"

Luke is a part of the Bat family of characters, Jon is a part of the Superman family of characters, Owen Mercer may not be a part of the Flash family of characters but he is connected to the Flash through his father's and his own villainy, and Jo is a green lantern which makes her a part of the Green Lantern mythos.

These replacements may not be obvious choices but they're still connected to their predecessors in one way or another and that's a pattern.

Of course the pattern is subject to change with the reveal of the other replacements, hell it could change right now since BC only seems to be sure about Jon and Luke as replacements.

~~~~
    My quick speculative 5G choices below:
    ~~~~

Wonder Woman:

- Obvious: Donna | Cassie

- Unobvious: Artemis | Grace Choi

- My choice: Grace

Aquaman:

- Obvious: Garth | Jackson Hyde

- Unobvious: Tula | Lorena Marquez

- My choice: Garth

Would it be weird that a comic book is titled Aquaman while it's being centered on a female character, if so maybe DC thinks the same, and female characters wouldn't be looked to as contenders for this in which case I guess Jackson would be a less obvious choice then Garth even though I would say Garth has been ignored by DC.

Green Arrow:

- Obvious: Emiko

- Unobvious: Mia Dearden | Connor Hawke | Roy Harper

- My choice: Idk, I just want Roy Harper alive again.

I figure since he's sharing a space with Green Lantern on the timeline chart then maybe DC considers him significant enough to change, also BC essentially said the main and some others would be replaced so...
    Last edited by kurenai24; 11-01-2019 at 07:30 AM.

I want roy harper alive again too.

Is Grace Choi back in continuity yet? That would be an interesting choice depending on how they reintroduce her (if they haven't already).

I used to think Jackson would replace Aquaman but now I'm not so sure. The current book could either be building up to it or making Jackson too much of the "obvious choice." Real head scratcher.

Green Arrow is historically important and is in the chart... They could replace him. I believe his daughter is also replacing him in the CW.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Is Grace Choi back in continuity yet? That would be an interesting choice depending on how they reintroduce her (if they haven't already).

I used to think Jackson would replace Aquaman but now I'm not so sure. The current book could either be building up to it or making Jackson too much of the "obvious choice." Real head scratcher.

Green Arrow is historically important and is in the chart... They could replace him. I believe his daughter is also replacing him in the CW.
    If Anissa is an adult again, maybe they'll bring Grace back.

They re-establish Connor Hawke, but I'm not sure if they'd repeat him being Green Arrow again.

Mighty Member

Did you read the YJ Issue with Cassie, Zeus and Despero???
    YJ Issue 2.

I think its a SPOILER that Cassie will replace Diana.

Zeus wanted to give her the amulet, talked about Cassie becoming a member of the pantheon and her protecting the realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Did you read the YJ Issue with Cassie, Zeus and Despero???
    YJ Issue 2.

I think its a SPOILER that Cassie will replace Diana.

Zeus wanted to give her the amulet, talked about Cassie becoming a member of the pantheon and her protecting the realm.
    I actually forgot about that... That could be a good indicator.

Astonishing Member

I feel it is.

Kara is between 16-21.