Page 49 of 135 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I believe it's comparable to naruto. The thing is naruto had the anime to make you really feel the impact of dramatic growth. Luffy is a different beast altogether. One piece generally focuses on character development, than character growth/change. And superman literally had 4 or 5 panels for origin when he first appeared. Jon will have 3 to 4 years of journey when he becomes superman. The characterisation will be more closer to "man of tomorrow" than the "man of steel" we had post crisis, i believe.
    I mean, I was a Naruto manga-reader and I felt the impact pretty well, but that's because we spent so much time on Naruto's personal journey before that point. I felt like we were only at the real beginning of Jon's before Bendis jumped his character so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I was a Naruto manga-reader and I felt the impact pretty well, but that's because we spent so much time on Naruto's personal journey before that point. I felt like we were only at the real beginning of Jon's before Bendis jumped his character so much.
    Read the manga as well (finished years before the anime did, literally). And I agree; Naruto's time before the timeskip was pretty fleshed out. And it only did the timeskip when the only other thing they could do was an 80s style montage to show Naruto's growth in mastering his new abilities (in hindsight, that actually would have been pretty interesting). Jon... We got a little, but there was so much left that was basically thrown away.

What's more, Naruto's timeskip was only a couple of years, and that affected EVERYONE, not just him.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I can understand it feeling being cut short a little for jon. But, that is because jon isn't the focus of his stories like naruto is. Superman is the main focus.jon was developing alongside as the boy of tomorrow. His development is largely spread out more than naruto's. But the basics was covered in his journey in Hamilton county as superboy. As for naruto, the protagonist himself only got comparable development as jon. Jon had lois and clark, superman and action comics, supersons, now legion of superheroes, man of steel..etc. But, otherwise much of story length pretimeskip were given to flesh out naruto's contemporaries and fellow cast mainly sasuke, gaara, lee, neji, hinata and shikamaru. Heck! Even sakura got something .i can say this though, Naruto's world was more fleshed out than jon's. But, jon's world isn't restricted to his cast. Its the dcuniverse itself . Naruto shippuden basically threw out these characters and largely focused on naruto and sasuke, akatsuki, uchiha, finally ootsutsuki.it was criminal how neji was treated.it is basically, what Superman is doing. Its focusing on jon,now.
    Naruto
    1)naruto is an ostracised kid wo plays pranks to get attension
    2)naruto is given a purpose
    3)naruto devlops his ninja way
    4)naruto makes friends.
    5)naruto trains
    5)naruto protects his friends and turns an enemy by fighting with new strength into friend
    6)naruto fails at bringing back sasuke.
    7)naruto decides to go train to get strong enough to bring back sasuke
    Jon kent
    1)jon kent is a normal kid whom's parents have secrets and lives in seemingly normal country side witha mystery
    2)jon kent develops powers and finds the secret behind it
    3)jon kent is thrusted with the responsibility of being the son of superman, el family insignia and suoerboy .
    4)jon kent realises the pressures, dark realities like death and dangers of heroics gets put in life threatening dangers
    5)jon kent makes friends
    6)jon kent starts to train with friends.
    7)jon's powers fail him and he is rejected by his friends
    8) jon goes to space and now the future to train and be worthy of his family's name

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-05-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-05-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Well I really hope that $7.99 is a typo or else there a bound to be issues...however besides the price the idea itself isn’t bad if both new readers and old readers can get what they want at the same time.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...d-black-label/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well if they're double the price, they'd better be double the length too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well I really hope that $7.99 is a typo or else there a bound to be issues...however besides the price the idea itself isn’t bad if both new readers and old readers can get what they want at the same time.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...d-black-label/
    That doesn’t sound like a very smart back-up plan...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well if they're double the price, they'd better be double the length too.
    Well they did say oversized titles.

This is pretty much what people have been asking for in terms of 5G, right? We have the new generation but you also continue to have new stories of the old guard?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Replacing Arthur Curry as Aquaman? Wow, hard pass.

I'm most likely not interested in any of these, since these characters arent meant to be legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Replacing Arthur Curry as Aquaman? Wow, hard pass.

I'm most likely not interested in any of these, since these characters arent meant to be legacy.
    I hear you. I feel the same about Bruce Wayne and Hal Jordan and to a lesser extent with every other replacement.
    Just no way for me with this stupid idea and no dollars for DC on this project.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Anyway...

For the people who think there's gonna be a timeskip before G5 takes over, why do you think that? And how many years do you think will go by or do you think that will be undisclosed?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...dc-comics-5gt/

The new rumor is that all major DC heroes will be getting new legacy iterations. This isn’t a thread to discuss whether or not you like this. This is a thread to fan craft just who you would chose to ascend to the titles next.

• Superman:
    • Wonder Woman:
    • Batman:
    • Aquaman:
    • Green Lantern:
    • Flash:

Just throwing a sample list for Justice Leaguers there, but feel free to try out any identity!

The rumor is that they’ll be unconventional choices, so be creative!

Reading doesn’t seem to be anyone’s strong suit in this thread. But to answer your ORIGINAL post.

I think it’ll be Jon Kent as Superman, Luke Fox as Batman. I can see Avery and Kaldur taking up the Flash and Aquaman mantles. Green Lantern is up in the air, in my opinion because it’s not a mantle. It’s a rank. I don’t know why people don’t get that. Wonder Woman? I got nothing. I’m curious to see where it all goes instead of being angry and wishing for something to fail.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Anyway...

For the people who think there's gonna be a timeskip before G5 takes over, why do you think that? And how many years do you think will go by or do you think that will be undisclosed?
    Jon is basically in a timeskip right now. The legion and his space travel is that. But, other than that it will give 5g thing freshness. We will essentially be dropped into new landscape where clark is busy presidenting. Bruce will be brooding around the corner assisting luke. Damian might be levanthian.(the guy is too concerned about jon)
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-07-2019 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Anyway...

Its a guess by Superlad93 and its based of the YJ tv show. I'd say 3-5 years would be interesting but i could see them playing it safe.

So Legion of Super Heroes all but confirmed what 5G is doing in a not-subtly subtle way. No real clues on replacements though. Jon is the only one I'm almost 100% sure on. Luke, a close-ish second.