Page 69 of 135 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    When did Luke remove his mask that actually covered his mouth? His costume always covered it.
    I gotta say, a covered mouth is my favorite upgrade to a Bat-costume. I remember during Knightfall when Azbat debuted with a covered mask... and that just made SOOOOO much sense! Espectially for someone like Bruce Wayne who's face is always on a magazine or tabloid... there's only so many broken teeth, cracked lips and bruised jaws that can be explained away. Covering up that most valuable asset as 'Bruce Wayne's Face' should have been a no brainer. Especially with the push to armor him up... but leaving his face exposed??

Still liked the first version of this costume. The upgraded one by Knightsend was rubbish, but this one I did like.

BANNED

Yeah, a covered mouth is the way to go--especially if the suit has flight built in.

BANNED

Well, my point of view is that if you're going to make Batman a black guy and act like that's some big thing, then people in the story should know he's black. I believe it will have more effect if they do. If his face is completely covered that effect is diminished. I'm not suggesting it should even be a big point in the narrative, but I think it would be better if people in the story knew Batman is black.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Well, my point of view is that if you're going to make Batman a black guy and act like that's some big thing, then people in the story should know he's black. I believe it will have more effect if they do. If his face is completely covered that effect is diminished. I'm not suggesting it should even be a big point in the narrative, but I think it would be better if people in the story knew Batman is black.
    I'd love to see a story with a black superhero... where 'being black' isn't a driving force behind the story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'd love to see a story with a black superhero... where 'being black' isn't a driving force behind the story.
    Yes, exactly. Batman is a folkhero in Gotham. Citizens shouldn't think he gets swapped out. Worked well for Batman Beyond.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-19-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So I read the latest issue of Doomsday Clock and I checked Bleeding Cool, so maybe someone will have to message me a screenshot or something b/c I don't see what people are talking about.

I see a female speedster but I'm not gonna assume she's related to the Flash, batwing is batwing and Batman is Batman, and the black wonder woman is obviously Nubia.

That whole page didn't show any of the 5G characters they showed "family" members, Flash family members, Bat family members, Wonder Woman family members, multiple green lanterns etc.

Nothing 5G related was there except a hint to a timlime/timeskip but nothing 5G character related.
    That's not a speedster, though it IS Flash related. Green bulky armour. I reckon that's the Turtle, who would use the Still Force instead of the Speed Force.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...oomsday-clock/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I gotta say, a covered mouth is my favorite upgrade to a Bat-costume. I remember during Knightfall when Azbat debuted with a covered mask... and that just made SOOOOO much sense! Espectially for someone like Bruce Wayne who's face is always on a magazine or tabloid... there's only so many broken teeth, cracked lips and bruised jaws that can be explained away. Covering up that most valuable asset as 'Bruce Wayne's Face' should have been a no brainer. Especially with the push to armor him up... but leaving his face exposed??

Still liked the first version of this costume. The upgraded one by Knightsend was rubbish, but this one I did like.
    I adored the Quesada Grimdark Azbats costume when I was a kid. There are still elements I find charming to its "too muchness". That said, I think if you remove the shoulder pauldrons ... the ribcage bracing, the ... not-belt utility belt ... frankly, you remove all the gold/yellow metal elements ... and that costume would be timeless. (It was a weird era for design. It didn't ever scream "Azrael, Modern Day Knight Templar" to me but then again, neither did half of his Azrael costumes.)
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's not a speedster, though it IS Flash related. Green bulky armour. I reckon that's the Turtle, who would use the Still Force instead of the Speed Force.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...oomsday-clock/
    Now, in that Bleeding Cool article, they said they Green Lantern Sojourner “Jo” Mullein among that splash with everyone is running. I may be crazy, I don't see her in that splash page. Did they mistake Jessica Cruz for Jo or something, because for the life of me I can't see her.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    Now, in that Bleeding Cool article, they said they Green Lantern Sojourner “Jo” Mullein among that splash with everyone is running. I may be crazy, I don't see her in that splash page. Did they mistake Jessica Cruz for Jo or something, because for the life of me I can't see her.
    Yeah they did, the only female GL there is Jessica... if she's even going to be a GL after Odyssey is done.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Yeah, she may still be wearing the GL uniform, but her ring is destroyed, got fused with her body when she was resurrected. If she's sticking to these new Omega powers instead of getting a new ring, I can see her changing her codename to Limelight (as already used on an animation) and getting a new costume. Considering the situation in Odyssey, it's understandable that she's still wearing her GL uniform for now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Okay WHERE is this mystery book that does this? I keep hearing this claim as a driving force to boycott a book but what book is doing this every single issue?

If it's removed it has to be for a reason. Despite common sense saying otherwise.

Unless you are pulling a John Stewart where he dumps the mask and wants folks to know he's black. And in his case that was it on that topic and everyone went on.

Unless the story is how does everyone treat a black Batman different from a white one.

How do villains react? Do they run to the hood and off black guys?

How dose Black Gotham react? Because they don't fear white Batman because he stays out of the hood so much.

How does the cops react? Especially the dirty ones?

How do franchises that are POC limited react? A black Batman shows up when black guys were rarely seen around Batman (before Luke & Duke).

BANNED

I would, too. I don't think 'black' should be the driving force behind the story, but I do believe that people in the universe should know Batman is black, and they should be able to tell this simply by looking at him. It's a reason why I personally don't cover up a black superhero. I've seen this type of thing with War Machine, TJ and Jack from Power Rangers, Miles Morales, and probably some others. I'm not saying it's "problematic", because I don't think it is, but, considering the dearth of black heroes in general, and the shabby treatment and positions they often have when they are actually around, I think there is a stronger effect when people know that the character saving the day is actually black, or the character they're falling in love with is black (for example, if Luke had a Black Cat, or Catwoman type of character), and so on. Covering up a black Batman is missing a big opportunity for black heroes in general, in my opinion, and I'm not even a guy who wants the 'black' aspect hammered on.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 12-19-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Okay WHERE is this mystery book that does this? I keep hearing this claim as a driving force to boycott a book but what book is doing this every single issue?

If it's removed it has to be for a reason. Despite common sense saying otherwise.

Unless you are pulling a John Stewart where he dumps the mask and wants folks to know he's black. And in his case that was it on that topic and everyone went on.

Unless the story is how does everyone treat a black Batman different from a white one.

How do villains react? Do they run to the hood and off black guys?

How dose Black Gotham react? Because they don't fear white Batman because he stays out of the hood so much.

How does the cops react? Especially the dirty ones?

How do franchises that are POC limited react? A black Batman shows up when black guys were rarely seen around Batman (before Luke & Duke).
    Exactly theres a ton of good stories you can tell based around being black batman. If hes just fighting clock king every week, might as well just recolour some old issues of bruce wayne batman.

I feel like it would be a similar reaction to what Terry got when he hit the scene in the sense that everybody would just be like "You're not the real Batman".

It's a bigger deal because Batman is not known to have the ability to change skin tones (yet...they might add that to his repertoire one of these days lol), and while I don't want his race to be focused on, I feel like it would inevitably come up in the real world. But then again, I'm trying to apply real world logic to DC :P
    Last edited by Cosmic Emerald 23; 12-19-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    if Luke does become Batman, what are the odds they have Signal fill the Robin/Nightwing partner role in relation to him? it seems like the kind of on-the-nose thing they'd do if they're going the black Batman route; I mean if rumors are true they're going with Ridley, so visible blackness is probably at the table of the Luke Fox as Batman conversation. honestly I don't care how overt it is, the little kid in me would be all in on a black dynamic duo.
    This is also something that I want for the tentative Luke Fox Batman. And like you said, little kid in me or otherwise, and I don't care how overt -- in fact, make it overt -- buy I just want them to make it happen and make it meaningful.