Page 70 of 135 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2012

I'm curious if there are gonna be other replacements besides the ones listed here. I've always wanted Tim Drake to be the Question and Dick Grayson to become Nemesis.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm curious if there are gonna be other replacements besides the ones listed here. I've always wanted Tim Drake to be the Question and Dick Grayson to become Nemesis.
    I’d say that’s a no. Tim Drake just became Drake and Dick Grayson is just getting back from the whole Ric thing. I’d say it’s probably safe to assume anyone who just had an identity change or a big return won’t be having a name change any time soon. So I’d say the JSA and maybe even most of Young Justice who just came back are also not likely to name/identity change either.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Bleeding Cool talked about other heroes outside of the main ones getting replaced, they just haven't mentioned who those other heroes outside of the main 6 specifically are.

I did think Oliver/Green Arrow would be one of the replaced ones tho.

Astonishing Member

If the premise of the upcoming new timeline is that the Silver Age heroes have been around since the 1950s, then that ages up everyone significantly - the Justice League, the Titans, Young Justice, even Damian Wayne. This would impact the entire line. Maybe there’s some other angle to it that we’re unaware of, because I don’t see how that would be viable.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    If the premise of the upcoming new timeline is that the Silver Age heroes have been around since the 1950s, then that ages up everyone significantly - the Justice League, the Titans, Young Justice, even Damian Wayne. This would impact the entire line. Maybe there’s some other angle to it that we’re unaware of because I don’t see how that would be viable.
    In the timeline, they make sure to make Jon and Damian to be born exactly so they'll reach the age they were at the beginning of New 52 and Rebirth, around 10 and 13 for Damian. So Damian will age only about 2 years more because that's how long Rebirth in the timeline last.

The problem is Luke since he's supposed to be Batman in 5G but around the same age as Dick, Babs, and Jean-Paul. That said his date of birth and list of adventures aren't included in the timeline so maybe the time shift to 5G will make him younger than Dick's generation instead?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    If the premise of the upcoming new timeline is that the Silver Age heroes have been around since the 1950s, then that ages up everyone significantly - the Justice League, the Titans, Young Justice, even Damian Wayne. This would impact the entire line. Maybe there’s some other angle to it that we’re unaware of, because I don’t see how that would be viable.
    I suspect that 5G is going to be an alternate universe/ timeline. Like you, I doubt that DC will age up everybody. If I remember things correctly, the timeline that was shown had a few inconsistencies as well. Whether that was a mistake on the part of the people who put it together or deliberately done is anybody's guess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In the timeline, they make sure to make Jon and Damian to be born exactly so they'll reach the age they were at the beginning of New 52 and Rebirth, around 10 and 13 for Damian. So Damian will age only about 2 years more because that's how long Rebirth in the timeline last.

The problem is Luke since he's supposed to be Batman in 5G but around the same age as Dick, Babs, and Jean-Paul. That said his date of birth and list of adventures aren't included in the timeline so maybe the time shift to 5G will make him younger than Dick's generation instead?
    Or Dick's generation isn't affected by the timeskip for reasons. It's been theorized that the timeline is how events would've/ should've played out if time flowed normally. There's been several events over the years that may have reset time and everyone's ages.

Dick's generation will most likely be so irrelevant those questions probably wont even matter.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Or Dick's generation isn't affected by the timeskip for reasons. It's been theorized that the timeline is how events would've/ should've played out if time flowed normally. There's been several events over the years that may have reset time and everyone's ages.
    It's annoying when they do that because there are no rules...

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dick's generation will most likely be so irrelevant those questions probably wont even matter.
    They'll be irrelevant whether they're young or old, but the question is more about Luke

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Or dead/ corrupted. Batman Who Laughs is recruiting 666 more heroes to his traveling freak show. Frankly, it seems like a pretext for the editorial to kill off/ derail a bunch of characters.

To be honest, I have been partially concerned about 5G somewhat screwing over the 2nd-3rd generation...although the Young Justice kids might be (relatively) safe with Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's the same way Marvel basically handled the ANAD mantle changes.
    Mantle changes should never be permanent.

BANNED

Generations might just mean in group of years and people debuting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Mantle changes should never be permanent.
    I wonder how much you really believe this.

If Jo ends up being 5G Green Lantern then does that mean Far Sector takes place in the future rather than the DCU present?