Page 72 of 135 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Okay, good. Then I can still hold out hope that the reason he retires is to raise his daughter Helena.
    Well a Helena or Bruce's daughter [could be Talia's Daugther] is part of 5g but Bruce doesn't know her so it can't be that. he can't be retiring to raise a daughter he doesn't know. Good thing really since we don't need more of blood is better in the Batlore.
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-24-2019 at 08:52 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Well a Helena or Bruce's daughter [could be Talia's Daugther] is part of 5g but Bruce doesn't know her so it can't be that. he can't be retiring to raise a daughter he doesn't know. Good thing really since we don't need more of blood is better in the Batlore.
    Are you talking about Superman saving damian by finding bruce's daughter. Or the goldenage one, that one is Batman and catwoman's daughter.

I don't think it's wise to take Doomsdays Clock's predictions of the future as fact. A lot of factors can change editor's minds and this book hasn't exactly been in sync with the DCU in general.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I don't think it's wise to take Doomsdays Clock's predictions of the future as fact. A lot of factors can change editor's minds and this book hasn't exactly been in sync with the DCU in general.
    Very true and as to 5G? This series is going to sell like hotcakes and will crush all those old character titles... Heh... Maybe in a parallel universe that was destroyed post Crisis ��... Silly DC will they ever learn?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I suspect the stuff Doomsday Clock introduced isn't all that important, aside from letting fans know that specific versions of the DC Universe that they may have liked are still out there doing their thing.

Now, will any of that stuff actually make a difference? I don't think so. DC often does stuff with its multiverse that winds up not mattering a fig, like that Multiversity Map. Before that, that Pandora character was supposed to have some significance...but didn't really have any, and so on. It seems to me that the idea of a multiverse has proven more problematic than beneficial for DC, as all it seems to have done is make the products more and more convoluted with the ever shifting ways it works and how DC keeps tampering with it. it's kind of funny, because most of the time DC doesn't even make use of its multiverse, and still manages to make it difficult to decipher for people who don't inundate themselves in complex minutiae.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think 5G things said in doomsday clock is very much relevant. It is happening and they have been working towards it.

I'm not saying 5G isn't happening, I'm saying you probably don't want to use Doomsdays Clock to predict future storylines or future of whole initiative lines. Things will happen as they feel the market demands. I DO think what they're saying is that all versions of DC are true and out there.

As for 5G, the growing us of the Fox family in the books just adds to the proof that Luke is a shoe in. WW is still a head scratcher to me but that might be because I don't like the current possibilities lol.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I think 5G things said in doomsday clock is very much relevant. It is happening and they have been working towards it.
    Yeah, I don't think it would have even been mentioned if it wasn't meant to directly tease it.

BANNED

The future part about Batmans daughter is on 2026 rebooted Earth. So Superman moves ahead while Batman retains most history and yet moves on again.

5G Earth is the main Earth we are already following and will be shunted to that number later.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I suspect the stuff Doomsday Clock introduced isn't all that important, aside from letting fans know that specific versions of the DC Universe that they may have liked are still out there doing their thing.

Now, will any of that stuff actually make a difference? I don't think so. DC often does stuff with its multiverse that winds up not mattering a fig, like that Multiversity Map. Before that, that Pandora character was supposed to have some significance...but didn't really have any, and so on. It seems to me that the idea of a multiverse has proven more problematic than beneficial for DC, as all it seems to have done is make the products more and more convoluted with the ever shifting ways it works and how DC keeps tampering with it. it's kind of funny, because most of the time DC doesn't even make use of its multiverse, and still manages to make it difficult to decipher for people who don't inundate themselves in complex minutiae.
    Odd that you’d pick the Multiversity map, that’s the one thing that HAS ended up used by other writers. It’s shown up in Dark Knights: Metal, Bendis Action Comics, Lobdell is using it for Flash Forward, etc. Multiveristy has been pretty successful in getting other writers to use the ideas seen there lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Bleeding Cool talked about other heroes outside of the main ones getting replaced, they just haven't mentioned who those other heroes outside of the main 6 specifically are.

I did think Oliver/Green Arrow would be one of the replaced ones tho.
    We don't know who. If we did we would say...

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I believe the tease itself is relevant. That's just DC dropping hints for their next big event, just like they've done for a long, long, long time.

However, I don't think we should take the details too seriously. Are we *really* gonna get a "Secret Crisis" where Clark deals with Thor and Hulk? I really doubt it.

Are the characters shown in that big spread actually going to be important? Is Dick Grayson actually going to come back as Nightwing with that new "Batman cartoon" inspired costume? Are we really going to have a new Turtle in a weird mech suit who appears to be Wally's son Jai?

Some of the 5G hints are certainly legit; stories people are planning for the immediate future that're already being plotted out. Some of other stuff is likely "spiritual" and not meant to be taken literally. And some of what is supposed to actually happen is very likely going to be changed between now and then; plans will change, people will leave projects and positions......

Look at all the stuff the Rebirth Special told us to look forward to. How much of that actually happened, and in the way the 2016 teaser indicated? Not a whole lot.

Even if every single hint and tease in Clock 12 is supposed to happen, this is DC and they can't be trusted to stick to a plan for more than three minutes.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

I would consider the end of DClock about as concrete a future as the end of Johns' GL run. He has ideas for things he likes and set ups for things he'd like to see but plans change, almost immediately afterward, so I wouldn't bet on anything in there.

Are we really going to have a new Turtle in a weird mech suit who appears to be Wally's son Jai?
    I really, really hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I know you've talked about The Flash show and what not, should it not have been called that, should Barry have had a different name all these years?
    I am inclined to say no, it should not have been called that, but I usually make an exception if we are talking about multiverse characters, and Barry and Jay do exist on different Earths. I just refer to Barry as something else so that nobody gets confused, and it's a bit more fun for me.