Page 82 of 135 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    *inhales deeply* okay. Full disclosure, this is pretty dumb.
    Sh*t.

I had hoped that I got the wrong idea from what I had heard. If you're right about this then I guess not.

Well. Okay. I've been one of those guys saying "yknow, a DCU that's continued from the 40's, along the lines of real publication history, could be a fun idea." But I meant in an Elseworlds or something.

Okay, so how does this track with stuff like Damian, Jon, the supporting casts.....everything? Are we setting everything in the past, or are Jon and Damian and the other current generation characters set in the present, and how does that mesh with Lois' age?

Thanks for answering man, I appreciate it. But gods damn, this is sounding more ridiculous and horrible with every new thing I hear. Maybe they're just trying to break continuity completely so completely we stop caring about it and they can just do more stand-alone stuff like Superman Smashes The Klan.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Maybe Lois is born later on. Superman is 60 while Lois is 40. Jon could be 20.

Hmmm, this is a bit of a long read but it’s an interesting theory that if I understand it correctly assumes that why everything seems weird and may not fit is because presently reality and time are broken and that once it all comes together it will put time and history back together as it should similar to Superman Reborn with the fusion of Rebirth and New 52 superman...makes about as much sense as anything else and honestly it kind of works.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...edium=facebook
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

maybe i'm just dumb or lazy but these rumors are getting too dense and convoluted for me, i'm just gonna look forward to the John Ridley IV Batman and wait to see how this all pans out. hoping for the best tho.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Most of the books published now are either before DDC 12 or old timeline remants.

If most history is in and time elasped in 60 years, then how time is used isn't the same, Alfred could had died because of Bane years ago. The kents could just die of old age. They could decide to give certain characters immortality or slow aging by Extant.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    maybe i'm just dumb or lazy but these rumors are getting too dense and convoluted for me, i'm just gonna look forward to the John Ridley IV Batman and wait to see how this all pans out. hoping for the best tho.
    I’ll be honest I really only believe like 25%(like Jon and Luke) about what we are talking about, I just find a lot of fun out of speculation and talking about rumors and seeing everyone’s own creative ideas behind. I mean for all we know it’s really just zero hour all over again and it’s just the Justice League instead of the Justice Society who get turned old or none of that. Either way I’m gonna make the best of the discussion.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Seems the Old Gods will change the timeline history this year.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well. Okay. I've been one of those guys saying "yknow, a DCU that's continued from the 40's, along the lines of real publication history, could be a fun idea." But I meant in an Elseworlds or something.
    I blame you and your kind for this new fresh hell visited upon us. You *just* had to see him lift that green car again, didn't you?!

Okay, so how does this track with stuff like Damian, Jon, the supporting casts.....everything? Are we setting everything in the past, or are Jon and Damian and the other current generation characters set in the present, and how does that mesh with Lois' age?
    As far as I can tell, yes, it's all still set in the past. According to the timeline Jon was born in 1986 (see what they did there?), and in the present day it's 1997. Damian was born in 83. Jon, without the time travel, is 12, and Damian is 15. And that tracks given the fact that the last we heard about Jon's age, he was 11 just before he went into space. This decreases the the gap between their ages, but it does still leave Jon as older by just 2 years. Lois is between 54 and 57 by the present day (1997). She had Jon wen she was between 46 and 43. She's either a year younger than Bruce, who is 55 present day, or she's 2 years older. Clark remains 5 years older than Bruce.

This is just me speculating, but expect at least a 3 year time skip. You know--you just *know* that they'll want to make the 5G heroes the heroes of the 21st century. I mean, it's only 3 years till Y2K for the DCU. That'll only slightly age our older heroes, but more importantly it'll age our younger heroes to being old enough to take over. Jon'll be around 21, and Damian will be either 18 or 19.

Plus, issue 2 of the Legion of Super-Heroes opens by saying "21st century Superman seen in New Metropolis" with a picture of Jon. But before that-- and I almost didn't catch this-- issue 1 ends with the president of the United Planets being told "the son of the original Superman from the 20th century is here"

That's literally saying that Jon's the Superman of the 21st century, and Clark was the Superman of the 20th century. So, yeah, get ready for that timeskip.

Thanks for answering man, I appreciate it. But gods damn, this is sounding more ridiculous and horrible with every new thing I hear.
    No problem, dude. My initial reaction was pretty much "wow, why would you do it like that? Who would do it like that?" But after realizing that they basically just want to do an in continuity Kingdom Come and they don't seem to care about making the DCU line up with our world anymore, I'm more intrigued than anything, and I'm just stunned at the balls this is gonna take.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Maybe Lois is born later on. Superman is 60 while Lois is 40. Jon could be 20.
    Not according to the timeline we currently have. Clark shows up as Superman in 1962, likely meeting Lois then, then they get married in 1984, and they have Jon in on 1986. And Jon's age, without time travel, would be 12 years old, and that tracks perfectly because in Bendis' run, just before he leaves for space, he was stated to be 11.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’ll be honest I really only believe like 25%(like Jon and Luke) about what we are talking about, I just find a lot of fun out of speculation and talking about rumors and seeing everyone’s own creative ideas behind. I mean for all we know it’s really just zero hour all over again and it’s just the Justice League instead of the Justice Society who get turned old or none of that. Either way I’m gonna make the best of the discussion.
    This is basically where I'm at too. It's just fun working all this out with the info we have now. I just hope that whatever it actually ends up being is at least half as fascinating as what we're discussing.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Hang on, when does death of superman happen?If the titans are all in their 40s will they be acting as the mentors?
    If jai and irey comes back,seeing has jai foreshadowed in doomsday clock. They have been foreshadowing jai as turtle. How old will they be?is linda supposed to be 40 something? Wally's career as the main flash. How long do you think it lasted? If the titans are all older guys in their 40s will they be playing the mentor roles. You know, have a justice league that's full of juniors to the titans for a change.Now,that would be cool.

So this is basically like Coca-Cola’s NEW COKE. DC is giving us something new and not nearly as good as the original, then they’ll bring back the original to (hopefully) huge fanfare.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Hang on, when does death of superman happen?If the titans are all in their 40s will they be acting as the mentors?
    What year does Death of Superman happen? 1980. Reign of the Supermen happens the same year, and then Clark returns a year later in 81.

Wally's career as the main flash. How long do you think it lasted?
    Wally was the Flash for a solid 16 years. He was Kid Flash for 12 years. He meets Linda 3 years after becoming the the Flash. They get married 5 years after that. They have their kids 2 years after their married. That would make their kids 11 years old by today. Also it should be noted that Wally only disappears into the timestream for just a year, so he'd have missed very little time.

Guessing Wally's age is hard because he forms the Teen Titans with Dick and his friends 3 years after becoming Kid Flash, and he becomes the Flash 9 year after forming the Teen Titans. That likely has to put him at least 20 or 21 when he becomes the Flash, but he also has to be at least 13 or 14 when he forms the Teen Titans. So if you have him at 13 at the youngest when he forms the Teen Titans, then he's 22 when he becomes the Flash. But I'm gonna guess that Wally likely 13 when he became Kid Flash, that he was 16 when he made the Titans, and 25 when he became the Flash.

Long story short, Wally's more than likely about 45 in the present day.

If the titans are all older guys in their 40s will they be playing the mentor roles. You know, have a justice league that's full of juniors to the titans for a change.Now,that would be cool.
    *shrugs*

Maybe. I mean, we've just been assuming that just because Jon gonna be Superman and Luke's gonna be Batman that they'd also be taking over the Justice League. It's totally possible that Wally and Dick's generation might take that.

Funny enough, they might go with the most classic version of the Justice League where Superman and Batman are only on the team as occasionally as part-time members/just come to lend a hand sometimes. That would actually be pretty cool.

BANNED

What year would Batmans back be broken now?
    Last edited by Mr.B; 01-09-2020 at 10:47 PM.

That would also be 1980, and at the same time Death of Superman happens.

This is also the year Tim shows up as Robin and Barbra takes up the role of Oracle (Killing Joke happens in 1979).

BANNED

Interesting. When does Crisis take place?