Page 83 of 135 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2012
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Crisis on Infinite Earths? That would be 1976.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

So Wally became the Flash in the mid 70s now? Hmm.

Zero Hour is when now?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This thread is officially q&a with @superlad93,now.Not that i mind. If he is willing to answer. Gotta say, thanks for taking the time to answer queries @superlad93.

BANNED

Hopefully 80s Doomsday looks more like Hulk Hogan with grey skin.

Question for research/calculations: does anyone have a rough estimate of what age Tim was when he became Robin?

I'm asking because so far it seems like Tim had to be 10 years old at the most (that makes sense because he's supposed to be a genius, right?) This is because he starts Young Justice 4 years after becoming Robin, and the 5 years after that he joins the Teen Titans. That makes him 14 at Young Justice, and then 19 when he's with the Teen Titans. A year later he becomes Red Robin at the age of 20, and this tracks because these graduations in title have been consistently shown to be when the character is at least 20. This was the case with Dick and Wally at around 22 to 25.

The timeline goes on to say that Tim returns to the Teen Titans to lead it at 23 as Red Robin. This also seems to make sense because the timeline confirms that the Teen Titans can have members who are not teens. This is shown by the fact that Damian's team has Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy who are more comparable to Dick and Wally's age because the timeline shows them to be on the Teen Titans along with Dick. It also shows that Cyborg is back to starting with the Teen Titans.

So Tim is actually 26 currently. Not too bad.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-09-2020 at 11:33 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Zero Hour is when now?

Hopefully 80s Doomsday looks more like Hulk Hogan with grey skin.
    Zero Hour is 1982. And if that's what they changed Doomsday into, that would GENUINELY delight me.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This thread is officially q&a with @superlad93,now.Not that i mind. If he is willing to answer. Gotta say, thanks for taking the time to answer queries @superlad93.
    Ha! No problem. It's pretty fun. Working out the numbers like this is almost warming me up to the whole idea. It's particularly fun finding little Easter eggs in the dates like Jon being born the year Superman was rebooted in real life, 1986. Or there's the fact that if you count it out from when Damian is born, he's actually 13 years old, like he's supposed to be, when he forms the Teen Titans with Starfire and Beast Boy. And there's even the fact that Wallace is 19, thus still a teen, when he joins Damian's current Teen Titans team when Damian is 15.

That sort of stuff is actually pretty cool, and show that they didn't just think this up in an afternoon.

BANNED

I got one more question for you, when does the crisis of two worlds, multiple worlds thing happen?

Crisis on Multiple Earths happens in 1967, and that's 5 years after Batman and Superman show up. It's also 3 years after the Justice League is formed by Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman (who has just returned to man's world that year), Hal Jordan Green Lantern, Dinah Lance Black Canary, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, and The Atom.

I think basically we are just waiting around for another Crisis. I think that is what 5G is going to lead into. At most they will have people like Luke be Batman for a year or two, since it is going to be that weird time before a big reboot again where they are just trying some stuff out knowing they have a reset coming. So I believe that a new Crisis will reset things again and it all will be back to "normal". With a younger Bruce as Batman, the typical JL team, and so on. It will obviously be very messy like always with no one sure what is and what isn't canon, and writers not being on the same page and pulling from different things, but stuff like that at this point is expected.

At this point it just feels obvious that maybe in 2021, 10 years since the New 52, they will probably do a new Crisis and the whole restart process starts again.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Question for research/calculations: does anyone have a rough estimate of what age Tim was when he became Robin?
    Tim was 13 when he became Robin. Ignoring the New 52 stuff when he was like 16, but generally he was like 13 and already a teen. I believe only Dick and Damian have been shown to be 10 or younger when they became Robin.
    Last edited by Badou; 01-10-2020 at 03:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

In the original comics he was 13 in his origin story (Dick was iirc 21 at the time), and 13-14 when he finished hid training and started as Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Tim was 13 when he became Robin. Ignoring the New 52 stuff when he was like 16, but generally he was like 13 and already a teen. I believe only Dick and Damian have been shown to be 10 or younger when they became Robin.
    With Dick there is a lot of variation, the tow most commonly mentioned ages are iirc 8 and 12 (but you find iirc also 6, 10 and 16), but 12 seems more in line with comics that actually show him at the beginning of his career, 8 is usually just mentioned in comics were Dick is already an adult and it doesn't really work with any Batman timeline.

In pre crisis Jason started also at 12 (when Dick was 19), post crisis it is not clearly stated but based on the info you can find in the comics from his time as Robin 11 or 12 seems most plausible.
    Last edited by Aahz; 01-10-2020 at 03:13 AM.

Astonishing Member

It really sounds like more trouble than it's worth, surely a 5g imprint would do the job, I'd be all over that if current books ran as they are too

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Any links to where you've heard this about 5g

I'd like to have a look

Thanks
    what do you mean specifically? Most of my post was replying to other people's post about different things and my feelings about the whole 5G imitative, specifically how DC is looking to not use the legacy characters as the next line of main heroes.

but there have been rumours on replacements and that's basically what this entire thread is going off on: rumours, interviews, tweets and so on of various things about 5G.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    It really sounds like more trouble than it's worth, surely a 5g imprint would do the job, I'd be all over that if current books ran as they are too
    ya, I think for many people this is what they feel: we don't want this whole 5G thing replacing the current DC lineup.

a 5g imprint would actually be a whole lot easier and cleaner of a way to do this.
    Last edited by voidox; 01-10-2020 at 06:57 AM.

Thank you to everyone who answered my Tim Drake question.

Ultimately though, I think I'm gonna go under the assumption that he's 10 when he becomes Robin. That keeps him still a teen when he joins the Teen Titans 9 years later. That's similar to how Wallace, who we know is currently 20, joined Damian's Teen Titans when he was 19. Tim comes back to lead the Teen Titans in his early 20s before Damian takes over when he's 13 though.

That makes Tim the youngest Robin, but Damian Damian does show up at Bruce's doorstep for the start of Morrison's run at the age of 9, and tries to take over as Robin, so in that sense he's still the youngest combatant of the Bat family. Morrison's run lasts 4 years on the timeline, and it overlaps with Snyder's run. Damian officially becomes Robin at 11.

And, just for anyone wondering, Jason is about 32 years old or younger depending on how long he was dead if he started at 12. But from what I understand Jason was brought back to life pretty damn fast after he died, right? So, I'm guessing not much time was lost. Similarly, Damian is 15 because he was killed and brought back to life back to back, so no time was really lost.

This is unlike Supergirl who is likely in her early 30s now because she was dead from 1976 to 1986.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    what do you mean specifically? Most of my post was replying to other people's post about different things and my feelings about the whole 5G imitative, specifically how DC is looking to not use the legacy characters as the next line of main heroes.

but there have been rumours on replacements and that's basically what this entire thread is going off on: rumours, interviews, tweets and so on of various things about 5G.

ya, I think for many people this is what they feel: we don't want this whole 5G thing replacing the current DC lineup.

a 5g imprint would actually be a whole lot easier and cleaner of a way to do this.
    Sorry I was vague, I was thinking of places beyond BC that people might have seen, but I've got it sorted

Thanks

I blame you and your kind for this new fresh hell visited upon us. You *just* had to see him lift that green car again, didn't you?!
    I did! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it!

So, all this time I've been thinking the generation thing would be broken up by different Crisis events and continuity walls, so you could have books in different generations/eras of DC history without it all needing to connect. And, I mean, I applaud the idea of a continuous eighty year continuity (its a daring experiment if nothing else) but.....DC can't figure out their five year timeline and I think this is a challenge beyond their ability.

And I know it's all just theory and speculation, but your math scares me. It lines up too neatly with a lot of things. But I thank you for breaking it down! You're the man! >bro-fist!<

I do think a DCU that advanced more quickly, and really felt the impact of super humanity, would be a fascinating setting. But if all DC is doing is saying "Well, people got stuff sooner!" and claim its 1999 or whenever yet everything looks like 2020.....that's not really what I had in mind.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-10-2020 at 11:56 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.