Page 86 of 135 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2012
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    5G will replace the current broken lineup. When it moves to its own Earth in 2026 as Earth 5G, Earth 0 gets rebooted and gets a new young Clark(no marriage or kid) while it hints Batman is still old and retains 5G stuff.

Pre Flashpoint is never coming fully back as it was, and doesn't have its own Earth as it was.
    How do you mean broken lineup

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So DiDio had a bunch to say about DC's new timeline and how Doomsday Clock does and doesn't line up.

General Timeline stuff

DiDio: “There’s been a lot of chatter, myself included, about our timeline. The purpose is to bring in a baseline of storytelling that brings a level of consistency and more uniformity in the interpretations of the characters. We are looking to build a series of books that will re-tell the history of the DC Universe. In some ways, that will become our bible for the DC Universe.”

One of the first places you’ll see this happening is in Wonder Woman #750. The change in numbering is purposeful in the sense that [ Wonder Woman #750] is the first time that we’re acknowledging the timeline, and establishing [Wonder Woman] as our first superhero, in a story by Scott Snyder and Bryan Hitch. Something similar is going to be happening in The Flash.”

The #750 numbering is not a stunt. It is the ongoing numbering. You will not be seeing a Flash #1 or Wonder Woman #1 in the foreseeable future. That is their new numbering going forward. And you’ll see that happening with a couple of other series. It will not happen with every series, but will certainly be happening with some of the key books."

“It’s one thing to do an event, it’s another to do one that has impact. ‘Stories that matter’ is an important conversation we have-something that has a lasting effect on the line. That’s a lot of what we’re building to right now.”

Doomsday Clock stuff

DiDo: “There are a lot of half-truths and misinformation floating around about some of our plans. I appreciate people wanting to be excited and in the know about what’s going on. The first people who will find out once we’re ready to announce will be you, the retailers. We are looking at ways to create noticeable and exciting tentpoles and events and moments in our line. I’m not talking about creating an endless run of events-I’m talking about spots we can identify in our line that can really help pull things together, and doing it on a quarterly basis, so we can create a rhythm within our storytelling that keeps people excited about what we’re doing. I always feel story and character should be the lead for anything we do.”
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    How do you mean broken lineup
    Messy unknown spotty history.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    So DiDio had a bunch to say about DC's new timeline and how Doomsday Clock does and doesn't line up.

General Timeline stuff

DiDio: “There’s been a lot of chatter, myself included, about our timeline. The purpose is to bring in a baseline of storytelling that brings a level of consistency and more uniformity in the interpretations of the characters. We are looking to build a series of books that will re-tell the history of the DC Universe. In some ways, that will become our bible for the DC Universe.”

One of the first places you’ll see this happening is in Wonder Woman #750. The change in numbering is purposeful in the sense that [ Wonder Woman #750] is the first time that we’re acknowledging the timeline, and establishing [Wonder Woman] as our first superhero, in a story by Scott Snyder and Bryan Hitch. Something similar is going to be happening in The Flash.”

The #750 numbering is not a stunt. It is the ongoing numbering. You will not be seeing a Flash #1 or Wonder Woman #1 in the foreseeable future. That is their new numbering going forward. And you’ll see that happening with a couple of other series. It will not happen with every series, but will certainly be happening with some of the key books."

“It’s one thing to do an event, it’s another to do one that has impact. ‘Stories that matter’ is an important conversation we have-something that has a lasting effect on the line. That’s a lot of what we’re building to right now.”

Doomsday Clock stuff

DiDo: “There are a lot of half-truths and misinformation floating around about some of our plans. I appreciate people wanting to be excited and in the know about what’s going on. The first people who will find out once we’re ready to announce will be you, the retailers. We are looking at ways to create noticeable and exciting tentpoles and events and moments in our line. I’m not talking about creating an endless run of events-I’m talking about spots we can identify in our line that can really help pull things together, and doing it on a quarterly basis, so we can create a rhythm within our storytelling that keeps people excited about what we’re doing. I always feel story and character should be the lead for anything we do.”
    Hmm? On that Doomsday Clock stuff: what the heck does any of that have to do with Doomsday Clock?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Hmm? On that Doomsday Clock stuff: what the heck does any of that have to do with Doomsday Clock?
    Genuinely sorry for the confusion. I quoted the wrong things. I'll leave it as is so your comment and quote make sense, and I'll just post it here. Thanks for letting me know.

DiDio: “The schedule on Doomsday Clock made it very difficult to align a lot of product into it. You’ll see a reflection of Doomsday Clock on the timeline. A lot of what’s on the timeline has been driven by story beats that came out Doomsday Clock. It is truly affecting the line in that fashion. It doesn’t line up completely, but the sensibility, the purpose, the introduction of the JSA, the introduction of the Legion of Super-Heroes; those are key aspects of what the timeline is. Once you’ll see it on paper, it’ll all make sense.”

It's essentially confirming the rumor that Doomsday Clock is now in "soft continuity" and its particulars are in question.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-14-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Genuinely sorry for the confusion. I quoted the wrong things. I'll leave it as is so your comment and quote make sense, and I'll just post it here. Thanks for letting me know.

DiDio: “The schedule on Doomsday Clock made it very difficult to align a lot of product into it. You’ll see a reflection of Doomsday Clock on the timeline. A lot of what’s on the timeline has been driven by story beats that came out Doomsday Clock. It is truly affecting the line in that fashion. It doesn’t line up completely, but the sensibility, the purpose, the introduction of the JSA, the introduction of the Legion of Super-Heroes; those are key aspects of what the timeline is. Once you’ll see it on paper, it’ll all make sense.”

It's essentially confirming the rumor that Doomsday Clock is now in "soft continuity" and its particulars are in question.
    The entire payoff legion payoff was clark remembering them, him being the link that joins the past and future. If that isn't happening, then what's the point? The legion was already introduced by bendis. That isn't a payoff. This whole fiasco with the treatment of titans and wally, rebirth not getting followed through, Doomsday clock getting delayed.. Etc are the whole reason dc sales is in the worst phase right now. At the very leasy doomsday clock was competent. I can't say that about most books coming out now.Atleast make the payoffs of the book stick. I have never been part of the "fire didio" crowd. But, the entire line is just bad.

I mean... Doomsday Clock ended up dropping most of its plot threads and characters so I wouldn't call it "competent."

I do wonder what these supposed editorial shake ups mean for 5G. Apparently the upcoming Death Metal and the next crisis are different things? It also seems like these #750 issues will give the relaunch a lot of set up.

By the sound of it, it also seems like when the characters change, the numbering will still remain legacy numbering? So that means no new #1 issues is we take his "foreseeable future" comment to heart.

Gotta say, Diana is the one I'm most interested in cause she's my favorite so I hope we get some clues on her replacement in #750 as well as clearing up what's up with her main supporting cast (Steve and Etta).

Jon is being pushed heavy and the Fox family is getting closer to Bruce right now so they seem the most locked in. Everyone else (except *maybe* Jackson Hayde" is up in the air.

BANNED

Doomsday Clock went from rebirth to 5G.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I mean... Doomsday Clock ended up dropping most of its plot threads and characters so I wouldn't call it "competent."

I do wonder what these supposed editorial shake ups mean for 5G. Apparently the upcoming Death Metal and the next crisis are different things? It also seems like these #750 issues will give the relaunch a lot of set up.

By the sound of it, it also seems like when the characters change, the numbering will still remain legacy numbering? So that means no new #1 issues is we take his "foreseeable future" comment to heart.
    Depends on who has a milestone issue this year.

Remember aside from WW & Flash you got Savage Dragon with 250 and some guy from Wakanda hitting 200.

Birds of Prey will hit 200 if you count the Black Label series.

Isn't Catwoman getting ready to hit 250?

Supergirl is almost at 270.

If the Outsiders last into next year-hello 150.

Depending on who gets a book or not-a lot of folk and teams could hit milestone numbering.

Batwoman can hit 50 with her next run.

In terms of business I would go back to those numbering, I can toss out a bunch of milestone issues.

What other all female team book has 250 issues? How much milking of that can you do with a movie too?

3 females with over 200 issues??? With Cassandra Cain & Jessica with 50 issue runs?

Harley has to be sniffing a milestone number too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Doomsday Clock went from rebirth to 5G.
    I mean...I feel like that was always gonna be the case. Because sure yeah we got continuity and stories and characters that were missing and we loved back and Doomsday clock at the end of the day was a very well told story and I can’t wait to pick up the trade. But the overall problem that Rebirth was never truly gonna fix is that things are just different now and can’t be what they were. With some characters there is just now so significant a change in them that they can’t help but be something odd, an interesting mix of rebirth and reboot that we are now gonna have to live with because DC broke its universe and then tried to put it back together. Which just means we go on to the next thing and see what happens now that we’ve slightly corrected things.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Depends on who has a milestone issue this year.

Remember aside from WW & Flash you got Savage Dragon with 250 and some guy from Wakanda hitting 200.

Birds of Prey will hit 200 if you count the Black Label series.

Isn't Catwoman getting ready to hit 250?

Supergirl is almost at 270.

If the Outsiders last into next year-hello 150.

Depending on who gets a book or not-a lot of folk and teams could hit milestone numbering.

In terms of business I would go back to those numbering, I can toss out a bunch of milestone issues.

What other all female team book has 250 issues? How much milking of that can you do with a movie too?

3 females with over 200 issues??? With Cassandra Cain & Jessica with 50 issue runs?

Harley has to be sniffing a milestone number too.
    The Nightwing book just crossed the 250 issue mark during this Ric Grayson story and there has been no special legacy renumbering for it. So I don't think DC cares that much outside a few specific titles.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Gotta say, Diana is the one I'm most interested in cause she's my favorite so I hope we get some clues on her replacement in #750 as well as clearing up what's up with her main supporting cast (Steve and Etta).

Jon is being pushed heavy and the Fox family is getting closer to Bruce right now so they seem the most locked in. Everyone else (except *maybe* Jackson Hayde" is up in the air.
    What plot thread did it not tie up? Jon's push right now. Isn't helping the character. I can tell you that much.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    She is already past 50, her first series ran untill issue #40, and her rebirth series had 18.

- Barbara Gordon should get to 100 issues pretty soon
    - Lois Lane is getting close to 150 issues

General Timeline stuff

I knew they were gonna have official books retelling the DC history, now the only thing I'm left wondering about is if certain books are gonna come out and be set in a specific generation, like the rumored JSA book would obviously be a part of G1.

I don't remember if that BC article said or hinted that multiple books would start introducing the timeline or if only one book would do that, either way BC was right to suspect Wonder Woman was one of those books.

So outside of the main 6 books what would be considered key books unless the main 6 are the ones he is referring too.

And when the 5G characters do take over, will the titles of books be Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman etc or will there be some type of subtitle that goes along with it.

I mean the OG's are still suppose to have books in Dark Label and even if the numbering will be vastly different, if they are doing this for new readers confusion will happen.

If there's one thing I hate in comics, it's events, so I do hope these things to have lasting effect on the line and hopefully it's good.

“There are a lot of half-truths and misinformation floating around about some of our plans. I appreciate people wanting to be excited and in the know about what’s going on. The first people who will find out once we’re ready to announce will be you, the retailers. We are looking at ways to create noticeable and exciting tentpoles and events and moments in our line. I’m not talking about creating an endless run of events-I’m talking about spots we can identify in our line that can really help pull things together, and doing it on a quarterly basis, so we can create a rhythm within our storytelling that keeps people excited about what we’re doing. I always feel story and character should be the lead for anything we do.”
    The only people actively reporting information about 5G is BC, they even had an article speculating if Didio installing about them.

And unless Didio is talking out of his butt about the lack of renumbering in the foreseeable future, BC were wrong in saying that the books would relaunch with a new number one with the 5G characters; not that I fault them for that since this is how it usually plays out.

I also don't think anybody truly believes everything being said about 5G, I personally give BC the benefit of the doubt, but I still think the only sure thing about 5G right now is Jon and Luke.

By crisis are you referring to the actual event that's suppose to happen that sets off 5G or the crisis that BC said was a 2 month thing to help with DC and their scheduling, or are they one and the same...

Either way DC is trying to make the journey to 5G painful for me.

Not really sure at this point. 5G is an enigma to me at this point. DC is either really playing this close to the chest or this whole process is as chaotic as BC is saying