Page 93 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2012
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It has to be something like that, because I just can’t see DC going multiple series that did all these things that people liked did not matter even though we reference them or plan to reference them in future issues of series to come. I mean I legitimately doubt they’d wipe out Young Justice again after bringing them back and including them in some of the superman stuff going on as well the Kent’s, Wonder Woman being in WW2, and the JSA.
    Yeah, basically the idea seems to be that once year of the villain started the timeline became fractured and it operated under Hyper Time rules, and basically each book sort of became its own timeline, but they were still affected by each other.

But once the League truly unifies all time and makes "everything" matter, the 60 year timeline will take hold, everyone will age, and events will be reshuffled according to the new timeline. So for now, Bendis is able to use the Kents alive and well and in the present, but once the 60 year timeline hits they'll both likely be dead again anyway. And the original members of Young Justice will have aged into their late 20s early 30s.

And as for Doomsday Clock, DiDio already flat out confirms that Doomsday Clock will be part of continuity, but it won't have happened the way we read it.

But in the most basic sense, JL issue #39 is the true start of 5G and the 60 year timeline.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

God they should have delayed this to release it in rational order, because I just remembered and posted it another thread already that per issue 1 of Hell Arisen, Rip Hunter time master says that hyper time is broken and that now any change to time effects the past and future while talking to Batman who laughs. So it is hyper time.

image-65-1.jpg

They also said something in that issue with Perpetua and the Crime Syndicate that Lex references forever evil, which is weird in of itself, and she says something like the multiverse always repairs or reestablishes itself.

DCs-Year-of-the-Villain-Hell-Arisen-1-spoilers-8.jpg
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-29-2020 at 09:49 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Hypertime was drifting the universe into multiple timelines. While the JL have to collapse it into one.

I've been preaching this for a while now, but Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium issue #2 basically forecasted the post 5G 60 year timeline of the 20th century.

So that then implies the future we see in Bendis' Legion is the future of the "everything happened" timeline that we're about to see in 5G.

Notice how it shows Wonder Woman in the same hall as the JSA. Heck, notice how it has the JSA at all. It also shows Supergirl's death during Crisis. Issue 2 of Legion even confirms that they are already aware that Clark Kent was Superboy when he was a boy. They are living post-5G.

But what I feel is the most important and telling part about all of this is the fact that Booster says "can you imagine where we'd be as a culture if we didn't have to start over twice." Clearly this is a reference to the story in the book where the Earth falls into the dark ages with Kamandi's time and so on. But I firmly believe that this is also talking about how DC has had two line wide reboots in its history.

This allegory is actually supported in issue 1 of Bendis' Legion book where Cham says "we like to think that the Earth, after all those trials and tribulations and REVAMPS and REBOOTS it survived." The physical Earth is a stand in for DC continuity.

Last edited by Superlad93; 01-29-2020 at 10:16 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Yep, that seems to be the most concise answer to all this.

BANNED

Shazam being reverted was mentioned in the 4G chart.

Wonder what happens with John's? It's own canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Shazam being reverted was mentioned in the 4G chart.

Wonder what happens with John's? It's own canon?
    Well the weird part is that John's has said the Doomsday clock JSA will be in Shazam, but this is Shazam and his family from his New 52 origins where as the Wizard who appeared in Justice League is certainly not the wizard who appeared in the most recent issue of Shazam... so who knows.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I just think a good rule of thumb is to not care too much about how everything fits until after timeline has been set. Everything is purposefully messed up right now

Surprised that no one has asked this, but does this mean that the "every story matters" power up that Justice League issue 39 imply will happen if they go through that door will essentially be all of the League members (aside from Wonder Woman) in the 50s and 60s in crazy heavy metal versions of their suits?

So basically this, right? And obviously Batman in a robo armor that now helps him move. Am I crazy or was this somewhat foreshadowed in the 6th Dimension arc? So, like a more heavy metal version of this minus the older looking Wonder Woman because she's immortal.

It's possible? It's also possible that the ages don't change until the event either resolves or is at the climax. I'd imagine them step through the door takes them outside time in a way, maybe. Hard to say...

But it does make me wonder if Hawkwoman will get a replacement now. Her son is gone now so I don't really have any candidates.

Ms. Martian taking over John would be possible but this choice is due to there not being any others.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    It's possible? It's also possible that the ages don't change until the event either resolves or is at the climax. I'd imagine them step through the door takes them outside time in a way, maybe. Hard to say...

But it does make me wonder if Hawkwoman will get a replacement now. Her son is gone now so I don't really have any candidates.

Ms. Martian taking over John would be possible but this choice is due to there not being any others.
    Hawk Woman probably has one of two options should it come to a replacement.
    1. Reincarnation (again, wouldn’t be the first time)
    2. Lex could lose his Apex Lex powers, I mean in John can be removed I’m pretty sure the kid can.
    Words to live by.

Somehow I didn't think of the kid being saved... That could be a good avenue, depending on how they go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Somehow I didn't think of the kid being saved... That could be a good avenue, depending on how they go about it.
    Hey it’s all up to crazy machinations of Scott Snyder at this point. If the man wants to write it in whatever crazy fashion he wants, he might do it. I mean we are talking about the guy who straight wrote joker dragons and Batman using Baby Darkseid, so cant say he won’t be creative with it.
    Words to live by.

By the way is no one gonna talk about how, unless it changes of course, that we kind of just got a new replacement character in the pages of Justice League Dark
    spoilers:
    As of the most recent issue, Khalid is officially back to being the new Doctor Fate...again, but this time with an official outfit with Nabu handing him control. Not sure what that means with Doomsday clock JSA, though JLD Fate is Kent Nelson so...whose to say. But hey if Khalid has survived DCyou, made it into Rebirth continuity, and is now the new Doctor Fate before 5G maybe there is hope for him yet.
    end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

I'm actually really happy with what they're doing with Khalid, especially since Kent is still a master of magic and active. I'd imagine once his full history is restored he'll take on a more up front mentor role.