Page 94 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    By the way is no one gonna talk about how, unless it changes of course, that we kind of just got a new replacement character in the pages of Justice League Dark
    spoilers:
    As of the most recent issue, Khalid is officially back to being the new Doctor Fate...again, but this time with an official outfit with Nabu handing him control. Not sure what that means with Doomsday clock JSA, though JLD Fate is Kent Nelson so...whose to say. But hey if Khalid has survived DCyou, made it into Rebirth continuity, and is now the new Doctor Fate before 5G maybe there is hope for him yet.
    end of spoilers
    I'm just kind of over the musical chairs of Dr. Fate.

BANNED

Everybody is Dr.Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean has it really been that many? In the grand scheme of things sure there’s been a handful of Fates but I don’t think the New 52 even had a Doctor Fate except for the Earth 2 series and then Khalid showed up in DCyou and then Kent Nelson, who he is apparently related to, came back.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Personally I hope they stick with Khalid as modern day Fate, and if those rumors about Snyder doing a WW2 JSA and Wonder Woman book are true, we can have Kent Fate in that.

I mean has it really been that many? In the grand scheme of things sure there’s been a handful of Fates but I don’t think the New 52 even had a Doctor Fate except for the Earth 2 series and then Khalid showed up in DCyou and then Kent Nelson, who he is apparently related to, came back.
    I guess I was thinking more from a general perspective on the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Personally I hope they stick with Khalid as modern day Fate, and if those rumors about Snyder doing a WW2 JSA and Wonder Woman book are true, we can have Kent Fate in that.
    As long as they stick with someone for a good period of time, yeah.

After Kent Nelson it's been Eric AND Linda Strauss, Jared Stevens, Hector Hall, Kent V. Nelson, and now Khalid. So yeah, there have been a lot of Dr. Fates.

So apparently Tom King name drops 5G and the whole thing with Alfred was necessary for it?

I suppose DC is clearing some space. Makes me wonder if they'll also have Damian give up the Robin title.

BANNED

Damian will probably be adult Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    So apparently Tom King name drops 5G and the whole thing with Alfred was necessary for it?

I suppose DC is clearing some space. Makes me wonder if they'll also have Damian give up the Robin title.
    Maybe this is setting up Bruce's "death" that King teased at the beginning of his run so Luke can be Batman. Although Bruce was rumored to be in a support role, so...

I believe the rumor was that he'd fake his death and get into that support role. Maybe after being outed by the Joker?

Solicits also suggest Damian might lose his mantle in Teen Titans so I guess I'll look out for that

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Honestly, I was thinking about it and it's also why they let Bendis reveal superman's identity. They knew they were going to reboot soon, so they might as well let the status quo run wild for a little bit. This all reminds me of right before rebirth happened with DC You, where Superman's identity was revealed and bruce wayne "died" in Snyder's run. They ended up doing all of that because they knew a relaunch was about to happen.

But the difference here is it's implied these changes would continue through 5G, isn't it?

I believe the rumor was that he'd fake his death and get into that support role. Maybe after being outed by the Joker?

Solicits also suggest Damian might lose his mantle in Teen Titans so I guess I'll look out for that
    I wonder if they'd out Batman like they're doing Superman. I guess at this point they could.

I wonder if they'd out Batman like they're doing Superman. I guess at this point they could.
    Isn't that what Tynion has been hinting at in the background story with the Joker?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Secret Identities are getting thrown out all over the place (Clark being outed probably means that Kara's, Conner's and Jon's are out as well). And not just at DC, it's supposedly happening with Ms. Marvel too. At this rate, the whole concept will be exclusive to Spider-Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman