Page 95 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Secret Identities are getting thrown out all over the place (Clark being outed probably means that Kara's, Conner's and Jon's are out as well). And not just at DC, it's supposedly happening with Ms. Marvel too. At this rate, the whole concept will be exclusive to Spider-Man.
    Jon's identity is definitely out. Conner's might be, depending on if history remembers him attending Smallville High and calling himself Conner Kent.

Kara should be safe though. Her secret identity rarely has any connection to Clark's, does it?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Jon's identity is definitely out. Conner's might be, depending on if history remembers him attending Smallville High and calling himself Conner Kent.

Kara should be safe though. Her secret identity rarely has any connection to Clark's, does it?
    I mean does someone who has been erased from history and continuity at this point like Conner even have a secret identity at this point? Like clearly there is a history that he did exist but then somehow he was erased so to some he barely has an identity let alone a Secret Identity, heck we don’t even know at this point if Superman will recognize him immediately upon his first return interaction with him in Action Comics.

As for Kara, she’s safe she has adopted parents and a civilian identity....though leviathan might have destroyed that according to her series and because of Secret six that’s barely been touched on.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I mean, I don't expect Luke Fox as 5G!Batman is going to have an open identity unless he's a really different Batman.

Flash still has his secret identity.

Sure, but those types of characters need that. Jon should be perfectly fine just being himself. Same for whoever replaces Wonder woman, Aquaman, and GL.

Wonder Woman: Throw an absolute curveball here and put in Wendy from the Super Friends. She went to Paradise Island for college during E Nelson Bridwell's Super Friends comic.

Wendy and Marvin aren't a thing in Earth 0 continuity you say? That's the point. Wendy's traveled through hypertime as part of a hypertime wide Amazon exchange program where different Paradise Islands learn about each other.

Batman: Mr. Terrific. I want t-sphere robot bat swarms.

Superman: Mon-El after taking a time bubble from the future. Maybe he's gone back in time to talk to himself in the phantom zone to remember something about the zone that he forgot?

Aquaman: Dolphin. She's using the opportunity to see what the surface world is like and move to where being a mutant doesn't have a stigma unlike Atlantis.

Flash: Cyborg upon embracing his hypertime powers and reaching processing speeds only possible via tapping into the speed force that intersects hypertime.

Green Lantern: Adam Strange. It's about time we go a lantern for the sector that isn't from Earth and Adam fits the bill with Ran being in the same sector as Earth.

Martian Manhunter: Everyone thinks its Jem, but in a Bloodwynd twist it turns out that it was secretly J'onn the whole time disguised as Jem for...reasons.
    Reimagined public domain superheroes in a 1945 that never was!
    Read the superhero webcomic THE POWER OF STARDUST!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    But the difference here is it's implied these changes would continue through 5G, isn't it?
    Yes I believe that's what I heard too

But I think that indicates that when 5g had run it's course, which I feel will be a 2 to 3 year run, they reverse and undo much of that period,

In fact I think post 5g much will be more classic continuity with a few shifts, like say superman being unmarried

At a guess

Sure, but those types of characters need that. Jon should be perfectly fine just being himself. Same for whoever replaces Wonder woman, Aquaman, and GL.
    Especially if Bendis is really Marvelizing him.

GL might depend on which GL we get. Not all of them have civilian lives or anything going on when they put their ring down, but some of them do. For every Hal there's a John, for every Guy a Kyle, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially if Bendis is really Marvelizing him.

GL might depend on which GL we get. Not all of them have civilian lives or anything going on when they put their ring down, but some of them do. For every Hal there's a John, for every Guy a Kyle, etc.
    Since the whole point of 5G is about having most of the first 3 generations replaced and/or aged, I have a feeling 5G will either have Bendis' Teen Lantern as the 5G GL or a new GL entirely.
    Last edited by docmidnite; 02-05-2020 at 11:03 AM.

So Wally West will have Dr. Mahanttan abilities and kickstart the new timeline or at the very least the start of the timeline will be interwoven somehow or did I not comprehend that BC article correctly.

Tbh I want more details about that b/c that book could really be a nothing burger.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Since the whole point of 5G is about having most of the first 3 generations replaced and/or aged, I have a feeling 5G will either have Bendis' Teen Lantern as the 5G GL or a new GL entirely.
    I mean that is who bleeding cool said it was between.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-06-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So Wally West will have Dr. Mahanttan abilities and kickstart the new timeline or at the very least the start of the timeline will be interwoven somehow or did I not comprehend that BC article correctly.

Tbh I want more details about that b/c that book could really be a nothing burger.

Not sure. The timeline DC released might not even be valid anymore. Or Generation Zero is a reality/timeline created by Wally that has no connection to the other Gs.

DC most likely will refine the timeline when it's released.

As for Gen 0? I think it's just want it implies. It's probably a 0 issue for the crisis. A prologue/teaser for things to come. If I'm correct, that chair just tells you things, it doesn't let you do stuff. The solicits seems to imply Wally just witnesses things. Probably.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

Actually, back in October, Bleeding Cool reported that Teen Lantern will no longer be the main Green Lantern. Instead it will be Jo from Far Sector (https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...-dc-comics-5g/)

But, word from the wise, we should always take rumors with a pinch of salt. Even though everything that Bleeding Cool has reported has been turning out to be mostly true so far, they are a very dubious website. They have even admitted that certain things are in flux, with the whole initiative having issues to the lead up (https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...jokers-robins/).

With that said, if everything continues to turn out similar to how Bleeding Cool reported, than currently seems that Jo will be the new lead Green Lantern.

So having Dr. Manhattan muck with the multiverse wasn't enough, now Wally has to do it to?

Jesus. Stop DC! Gardner Fox rolls in his grave. Just make a new universe for your 5G Frankenstein continuity.
    Reimagined public domain superheroes in a 1945 that never was!
    Read the superhero webcomic THE POWER OF STARDUST!

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Gruenwald View Post
    So having Dr. Manhattan muck with the multiverse wasn't enough, now Wally has to do it to?

Jesus. Stop DC! Gardner Fox rolls in his grave. Just make a new universe for your 5G Frankenstein continuity.
    Dr. Manhattan only mucked around with Earth 0 when he turned it into the New 52 universe. 5G is just a jump into the future and no one is clear about Wally yet.

DC most likely will refine the timeline when it's released.

As for Gen 0? I think it's just want it implies. It's probably a 0 issue for the crisis. A prologue/teaser for things to come. If I'm correct, that chair just tells you things, it doesn't let you do stuff. The solicits seems to imply Wally just witnesses things. Probably.
    This probably the best bet.

Ugh, there's really so much stuff to get through and nothing actually looks like it's kicking off or being prepped so I'm feeling like DC is running behind or not doing a great job of preparing their readers for the big changes that's about to come.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    Actually, back in October, Bleeding Cool reported that Teen Lantern will no longer be the main Green Lantern. Instead it will be Jo from Far Sector (https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...-dc-comics-5g/)

But, word from the wise, we should always take rumors with a pinch of salt. Even though everything that Bleeding Cool has reported has been turning out to be mostly true so far, they are a very dubious website. They have even admitted that certain things are in flux, with the whole initiative having issues to the lead up (https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...jokers-robins/).

With that said, if everything continues to turn out similar to how Bleeding Cool reported, than currently seems that Jo will be the new lead Green Lantern.
    Yeah but if you go to their 5G tag and look at their articles after them mentioning Jo and how she may be the 5G Green Lantern you'll see that everytime they mentioned Green Lantern in other articles they would still bring up Keli and Jo as being contenders for that moniker, it's only with the recent articles that we see only Jo's name being mentioned as 5G green lantern.

Right now BC is the only one talking about 5G and the timeline, comicsbeat mentioned it once, so when you're only getting information from one place that you may not trust you should always use caution but I think most people seem sure about the Jon as Superman and Luke as Batman thing and everybody else is still up for debate. Just as you said BC themselves have talked about things being in flux.

I just wish we knew who was being looked at for the 5G flash outside of Owen Mercer Jr, or who's being being look at for Aquaman and Wonder Woman.