Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The island of Manhattan is half the size of Krakoa
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Does Krakoa have a beach?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Does Krakoa have a beach?
    This raises a good point. Most of the Earth is ocean. That ocean could be populated too.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    In the real world, ‘overpopulation’ isn’t really a concrete concept with the problem just being unfair distribution of wealth and resources. I’m sure if Krakoa is trying to ensure the safety of all mutants, then as long as everyone is fed and secured then they won’t have those problems.
    Nice observation, what I've been thinking about. What about the distribution of resources? Population is clearly not a problem per se; they also have portals to the moon, to mars. But what about mutant citizens' freedom of choice, as to where they want to live, how big are their houses, do they get back yards and swimming pools? Where do they get their food, and what kind of food? The reason it bothers me is, Magneto has a fortress and a high tower and Xavier has his House of X with no doubt a lot of fine furniture and all the things he likes and all the food he wants, and we know Emma will insist on a fine mansion with a great view and all the finest things of life available to her. But what about the rank-and-file mutants on Krakoa? That's why I call it Krakoastan, and I'm sorry if it rankles some when I use the term, but I don't use it lightly. Right now it seems more like an Eastern European authoritarian regime where the ruling class talks about democracy and equal distribution of the goodies but in reality only the ruling oligarchs, generals, and politicians have freedom of political and material choice.

And what if no mutants want to go to the moon? Is Xavier going to force some to live where he tells them to?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Fair point, actually. The high elves in Lord Of The Rings were basically immortal, and because of that had few children.
    Yes, good observation. Kind of an unspoken rule of science fiction and fantasy literature, but based on the Garden of Eden story. Adam and Eve were ordered not to eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil AND the Tree of Life. They tasted the fruit of the former and were kicked out of Eden before the had a chance to eat the fruit of the latter. Eve is cursed with the "pain of childbirth" but that is often inaccurately (with a huge helping of misogyny) interpreted as the "PAIN of childbirth" when it's actually the "pain of CHILDBIRTH." Like, childbirth. They are no longer immortal, Eve will have to bear children. They have wisdom, and mortality. Adonai Elohim then orders an angel to guard the entrance to Eden and the Tree of Life with a spinning, flaming sword, so the children of men can't ever get to the Tree of Life again. This is a Judeo-Christian thing, not found in other cultures. Like Greek gods were immortal and they had a lot of sex and a lot of children. I don't know what Hickman is going for here, but if he is using the Garden of Eden myth as an influence, it would seem that Moira-10 and Xavier defying death and endlessly "resurrecting" mutants would result in some kind of biological consequence like barrenness and the sudden decline of a natural mutant birthrate

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    This raises a good point. Most of the Earth is ocean. That ocean could be populated too.
    Namor might have something to say about that.

Are you kidding? Not when sentinels, hostile human entities, and even alien threats could wipe them out easily.

Over populate the two islands...maybe but mars and the moon habitats should both be able to hold millions...given tim
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

I mean I think the whole premise of everything in xmen right now is culty and weird- but that aside, I don’t think mutants should (or do) have any more or less responsibility than non mutants to worry about overpopulation.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    They're a long way away from that and it'll never happen in-story with the way Marvel-time works.

Goldballs feels like the most irreplaceable, because he's the least powerful/most vulnerable, he makes the eggs and no one else has a power even similar to his. Proteus, Hope and Elixir seem like they'd be hard to kill. You'd have to sneak up on Eva. And if that happened, they can have Synch for Hope. Maybe Christopher for Elixir. And maybe Magik for Eva?
    Once Synch gets going again, he could make all of the 5 obsolete by synching and storing their powers indefinitely(which was his own full potential back in Gen X). If the mutants save that particular incarnation of Synch and store him, they have the ultimate back up. In theory he could synch with all mutants and have all their powers all the time!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

No the plan for mutants is coexist with humans,Krakoa is just a safe point for incase humans want plan B. Every place with Krakoa seeds like Mars, Moon,Savage Land, Westchester, etc I am betting becomes a settlement.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

So will gay characters be required to reproduce?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I just assumed those flowers from the first issue were a reference to new Xavier trying to set up new settlements, pissing off just about everyone and thus ushering mutantkind's downfall in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    No, it will be made with the tech they already have

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Yes but mpreg will be canon.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Nice observation, what I've been thinking about. What about the distribution of resources? Population is clearly not a problem per se; they also have portals to the moon, to mars. But what about mutant citizens' freedom of choice, as to where they want to live, how big are their houses, do they get back yards and swimming pools? Where do they get their food, and what kind of food? The reason it bothers me is, Magneto has a fortress and a high tower and Xavier has his House of X with no doubt a lot of fine furniture and all the things he likes and all the food he wants, and we know Emma will insist on a fine mansion with a great view and all the finest things of life available to her. But what about the rank-and-file mutants on Krakoa? That's why I call it Krakoastan, and I'm sorry if it rankles some when I use the term, but I don't use it lightly. Right now it seems more like an Eastern European authoritarian regime where the ruling class talks about democracy and equal distribution of the goodies but in reality only the ruling oligarchs, generals, and politicians have freedom of political and material choice.

And what if no mutants want to go to the moon? Is Xavier going to force some to live where he tells them to?
    This has been bugging me big time. Little things, like the infrastructure for millions of people.

And the admin to run a country is huge. Does the high and mighty Silent Council have portfolios? Do they sit reading paperwork deep into the night. Do they have PA’s and secretaries? Household staff? Can anyone see Mystique doing paperwork? Anyone?
    But that’s what it takes to run a country.

So all there mutants will come to Krakoa and be gardeners and plumbers, launderers, catering staff and housekeepers? Which is fine, because they can’t go there to just sit around eating lotus blossoms all day and if your mutant power is to fold laundry, you’re not really going to want to don spandex and go dodge bullets.
    You’ll want to set up cafeteria to feed people, who’s going to cook the food, clean the tables? Peel the veg? Wolverine?

And don’t get me started on ‘Make more mutants’!

In all seriousness, the mutants probably could cheat a lot of busywork away with their combined powers. This is the mutant ssingularity now; Monarch waves his arms and all the empties from the party vanish.