Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    That's why I call it Krakoastan, and I'm sorry if it rankles some when I use the term, but I don't use it lightly.
    Has anyone actually objected to your personal name for the nation? It sounds like you want them to.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    In all seriousness, the mutants probably could cheat a lot of busywork away with their combined powers. This is the mutant ssingularity now; Monarch waves his arms and all the empties from the party vanish.
    And go where? Recycling? Washed and cleaned. Who ordered the glasses in the first place? Do Waitrose deliver to the south seas? (Oh! That’s why Betsy is uncomfortable on Krakoa! No Ocardo).

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They'd become so advanced they could become spacefaring like the eternals and inhumans. I actually think that'll be their next steps since it's what the other Earthborn races ended up doing.

It's even what humans want to do, and in comics there know they can explore other places and live there.
    Yeah, with multiple habitats already seeming to be on Mars and the Moon, that is definitely looking to be the future.

Can mutants be infertile? Or will they IVF all their children?

People are supposed to die for a reason. I think its highly unethical that they are essentially playing God here, not really thinking of the ramifications

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    They're a long way away from that and it'll never happen in-story with the way Marvel-time works.

Goldballs feels like the most irreplaceable, because he's the least powerful/most vulnerable, he makes the eggs and no one else has a power even similar to his. Proteus, Hope and Elixir seem like they'd be hard to kill. You'd have to sneak up on Eva. And if that happened, they can have Synch for Hope. Maybe Christopher for Elixir. And maybe Magik for Eva?
    They likely have backup clones of Goldballs already in place, and perhaps all of the 5.

But you're right, Christopher could substitute for Elixir, Magik for Eva, and Synch for Hope.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People are supposed to die for a reason. I think its highly unethical that they are essentially playing God here, not really thinking of the ramifications
    Why let mutants go extinct?

After all the severe reductions in population (Genosha, Decimation, the Terrigen mists), I'm glad they decided to say fuck you to the world and do what they had to do.

This basically makes them more similar to the Eternals. This might be deliberate as the rumor is that in MCU mutants will be created by Eternals.

In the short term it is not a problem at all. Krakoa seems able to produce all the organic matter it wants (So, unlimited food), grow whatever is necessary to house more mutants (houses) and can distribute the goods instantly and without cost (Teleportation).

Moreover, if Krakoa is not breaking the conservation of matter and is consuming CO2 to carry out photosynthesis, then its simple existence helps against climate change.

I kind of feel statements like "we were never meant to live forever" are more an appeal to status quo argument than actually having any kind of basis. Nature didn't give humans the ability to fly, and yet still we do it.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Why let mutants go extinct?

After all the severe reductions in population (Genosha, Decimation, the Terrigen mists), I'm glad they decided to say fuck you to the world and do what they had to do.

This basically makes them more similar to the Eternals. This might be deliberate as the rumor is that in MCU mutants will be created by Eternals.
    This is very interesting.

What if Mutants are meant to go extinct?

mutants are always on the brink of extinction
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-08-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In the short term it is not a problem at all. Krakoa seems able to produce all the organic matter it wants (So, unlimited food), grow whatever is necessary to house more mutants (houses) and can distribute the goods instantly and without cost (Teleportation).

Moreover, if Krakoa is not breaking the conservation of matter and is consuming CO2 to carry out photosynthesis, then its simple existence helps against climate change.
    I'm curious at how Krakoa is doing all that stuff. If he's able to produce matter and energy on those levels, he's like beyond Omega lol. But if he requires some kind of fuel, then it'd be interesting to see how other nations would handle that notion.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm curious at how Krakoa is doing all that stuff. If he's able to produce matter and energy on those levels, he's like beyond Omega lol. But if he requires some kind of fuel, then it'd be interesting to see how other nations would handle that notion.
    Though not confirmed, it was implied in the first issue that he is fueled by the omegas on the island as they serve as precious natural resources

Though not confirmed, it was implied in the first issue that he is fueled by the omegas on the island as they serve as precious natural resources
    Oh that might be a very good theory. You have Vulcan, Proteus, Storm, Magneto etc. They could produce a whole lot of energy. Even the lower level mutants could contribute (I remember Surge helping with electricity during Utopia).

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    In the real world, ‘overpopulation’ isn’t really a concrete concept with the problem just being unfair distribution of wealth and resources. I’m sure if Krakoa is trying to ensure the safety of all mutants, then as long as everyone is fed and secured then they won’t have those problems.
    This right here. We don't have a space problem, we have a problem with those who control real estate and resources. America wastes 40% of its food supply but still has a poverty problem. We have tech bros buying up homes and apartments for one resident but originally housed a family of five.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    They're a long way away from that and it'll never happen in-story with the way Marvel-time works.
    Also, they can literally move to another planet in Mars, and also live on the Moon.