I was thinking about how lots of people were bringing up incels regarding 'Joker', and then it hit me: Doctor Psycho is right there.

What makes 'Joker' so talked about is that it's provocative. It goes places other comic book movies haven't gone before and can talk about things others can't or have not been able to do so in its capacity. I feel like Doctor Psycho is the DC villain that can really do this. While most comic book villains are obviously jerks to anyone, misogyny has been barely explored in the genre. The closest might be Killmonger who is seen repeatedly committing violent acts to and berating women (as opposed to T'Challa who is always shown to respect them). But this isn't because they're women. It's because (in the first case) they're white and they're in his way. Furthermore Killmonger's deal was more about fighting racial oppression with colonialism, not misogyny.

Doctor Psycho presents the opportunity to tackle this thing head on. The character is undoubtedly a misogynist as stated by his creator, and he is the villain of Wonder Woman, the feminist hero in existence. But to do a movie on Doctor Psycho (who functions very much like an incel many times) would be extremely ballsy and would face a lot more pushback than 'Joker' did because it would be about an incel, which 'Joker' isn't. A serial killer who targets women, hates them more than anything, is ridiculed for his appearance and secretly desires women (and if keeping his powers, mentally subjugates them) would be just as controversial, if not far more than 'Joker'.

The question is, should it even get made?