Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Because if you look at the new timeline the world will adopt, people should end up being a lot older than they are now.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm not interested in a Superman that isn't Kal-El, but if we're going to go with it I'd like to see Jon be very different. I like the idea of a young dude trying to live up to his father's legacy but he just...isn't that good or heroic.

He's not a total ass, but he doesn't have the titanium moral compass that Superman had. He's just kinda "hey look I'm his son, like me!" Which is how Jon has read to me since his introduction, which doesnt appeal to me- but maybe if we just lean hard into it we could have some fun with it. He has potential but all the big battles have been won by his father, and the freaky part is there are way worse things happening in 2019 that really need Superman's attention...but he's gone and we just get this nepotism- this corporate mandated boy who hasn't earned the \S/ and I think that's a really timely story to be told right now.

That can also be juxtaposed against a super leftist punk rock Kon-El who doesn't take any shit from anyone.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 10-12-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm not interested in a Superman that isn't Kal-El, but if we're going to go with it I'd like to see Jon be very different. I like the idea of a young dude trying to live up to his father's legacy but he just...isn't that good or heroic.

He's not a total ass, but he doesn't have the titanium moral compass that Superman had. He's just kinda "hey look I'm his son, like me!" Which is how Jon has read to me since his introduction, which doesnt appeal to me- but maybe if we just lean hard into it we could have some fun with it. He has potential but all the big battles have been won by his father, and the freaky part is there are way worse things happening in 2019 that really need Superman's attention...but he's gone and we just get this nepotism- this corporate mandated boy who hasn't earned the \S/ and I think that's a really timely story to be told right now.

That can also be juxtaposed against a super leftist punk rock Kon-El who doesn't take any shit from anyone.
    Oh, hell no. I do not want to see Jon written as a loser. And don't see Kon as super-leftist (or really political at all), and he's definitely not the "takes no shit from anyone" type to me - Kon wanted to be popular and cool. I love (90s) Kon and (kid) Jon, and want to see them both shine wonderfully. And seriously, Kon in his origin was more corporate than Jon. He thankfully grows out of his more sexist demeanor (watching him grow was a joy) and improved a lot. But thinking on taxes or healthcare or whatnot - that's something I see not happening for several years for him. Don't exactly see him the type to follow the news (when it doesn't involve him or those close to him), either, at least not for a while. I don't see him going further than voting when it comes to politics. When he's old enough (not sure his age right now, though he should be old enough, but I heard they kept Tim at 16 so maybe not).
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-12-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Oh, hell no. I do not want to see Jon written as a loser. And don't see Kon as super-leftist (or really political at all), and he's definitely not the "takes no shit from anyone" type to me - Kon wanted to be popular and cool. I love (90s) Kon and (kid) Jon, and want to see them both shine wonderfully. And seriously, Kon in his origin was more corporate than Jon. He thankfully grows out of his more sexist demeanor (watching him grow was a joy) and improved a lot. But thinking on taxes or healthcare or whatnot - that's something I see not happening for several years for him. Don't exactly see him the type to follow the news (when it doesn't involve him or those close to him), either, at least not for a while. I don't see him going further than voting when it comes to politics. When he's old enough (not sure his age right now, though he should be old enough, but I heard they kept Tim at 16 so maybe not).
    Yeah, but that's why it would make more sense for Kon to have convictions. He's a test tube experiment and not very happy about it. He's also always been real punk, "don't call me Superboy"- it makes sense to push him more into that role.

I don't think Jon needs to be a loser, but someone with a definite hard time living up to his father. A watered down Superman, who only wears the symbol because his dad did, in a world that desperately needs the real Superman.

He can grow out of that and come into his own! He'll need help from his friends and to quickly realize that forces much worse than Lex Luthor are rising against him.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Apparently, there's some things that Damian is being shipped to the Legion (editorial interference?). They want Jon for Superman and maybe are going to replace a Superboy in the Legion with a Robin. Might be just one issue thing, though, so who knows.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    Iím down with 5G personally if it returns Kyle and Wally to prominence.
    Prepare to be disappointed then. The gimmick of the event is a new generation of heroes (which Kyle and Wally are not apart of, I think they're 3G?) and even if old heroes were allowed Kyle and Wally are definitely not editorial favourites right now.