Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Rob Liefeld Vs Marvel New York offices ?

Does anyone think this upcoming lawsuit is possible as it seems that maybe Disney will not assist this one given that it's based in New York ? https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...marvel-comics/

Mighty Member

Rob Liefeld going up against shady business practices.

Do I even need to make a joke about this? I'm sure the comedy writes itself.

He is a clown

So over Liefeld. Again.

Much like his drawings I doubt he'll have a foot to stand on.

I mean look at his revisionist history of Fighting American he was mad Marvel fired off that disastrous Captain America Heroes Reborn book he went to Kirby and Simon estates to do Fighting American they said no after not agreeing on price he "Invented" Agent America they threatened to sue he made a deal got to use Fighting American who he completely turned into a rip off of his Captain America run so Marvel sued.

Astonishing Member

Liefeld is one of the greatest creators of our time. I wish him luck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Does anyone think this upcoming lawsuit is possible as it seems that maybe Disney will not assist this one given that it's based in New York ? https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...marvel-comics/
    It doesn't matter whether it's based on NY or on the West Coast, movie division or publishing division, Disney owns it all so it's not a matter of whether they will choose to assist. It affects a business they own so of course they would be involved in any legal action against it.

As for whatever Rob is planning to sue over, he's a bit of a ding dong so it follows that this will be over something stupid.

I imagine his ego was and is bruised over the fact that Major X was just a whole lot of whatever while Hickman's relaunch is exploding.

He's been tossing sour grapes about House/Powers on Twitter all while it's been coming out so I would think this is his way of crying for attention.

I have to think this was because everyone threw out Major X once Hickman got involved. Also, he's been full of himself lately.

The crazy thing is he did this before and that's why we got Agent X, X Statix and Soldier X from Deadpool, X Force and Cable because he was suing them.

This time? Disney now owns them and they can shut down lawsuits.

He says that this doesn't concern "Deadpool proper".

So this is about....Gwenpool. Usually I wouldn't care about something like this, but if it sidelines Gwenpool I won't shed any tears.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Good lord he's a clown.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Kind of surprised marvel never did a gwenpool / lady Deadpool team up book yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Good lord he's a clown.
    If it's Gwenpool I can hear Disney's lawyers gearing up now. They see all the money Warner is making off of Harley Quinn merch and they have no doubt scoured the Marvel library for something similar and Gwenpool is the closest thing they have. They will probably nuke Rob from space.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    He says that this doesn't concern "Deadpool proper".

So this is about....Gwenpool. Usually I wouldn't care about something like this, but if it sidelines Gwenpool I won't shed any tears.
    Liefeld did variants for Gwenpool and now he thinks he owned money? Get the hell outta here, Liefeld.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Liefeld did variants for Gwenpool and now he thinks he owned money? Get the hell outta here, Liefeld.
    I approach my comics fandom the same way I approach my sports fandom. I almost get as much pleasure seeing bad things happen to a team/character I loathe than seeing good things happen to a team/character I like. So if Liefeld somehow manages to drain the Gwenpool more power to him.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-08-2019 at 12:57 PM.

iMan 42s

I suspect his case may be to try and gain control over Deadpool given his re-tweet of the Terminator issue right now, good luck if that is the case.
    Gwenpool being derivative of Deadpool under the same company that produced Deadpool..., yeah I don't know about that either.

Near as I understand he doesn't own either property so I have my doubts either is what he's suing over.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.