Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I suspect his case may be to try and gain control over Deadpool given his re-tweet of the Terminator issue right now, good luck if that is the case.
    Gwenpool being derivative of Deadpool under the same company that produced Deadpool..., yeah I don't know about that either.

Near as I understand he doesn't own either property so I have my doubts either is what he's suing over.
    I doubt he even thinks he could regain control of Deadpool (if that is indeed what he is after). He probably is just hoping Disney will write him a fat check to make the whole drama go away.

Don't care for Lifefeld one way or the other but I hope he wins. Disney's influence on Marvel and media in general has become to much. At this point any pressure thrown at them (that is just and in good nature) I'm for 100%.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Is that what Cebulski gets for his 90s nostalgia? Maybe the good thing to come out of it is that he'll realize it was not worth it, after all.

But in all seriousness, while I do think Marvel and Disney can be shady sometimes, it's hard for me to take this seriously coming from Liefeld, of all people. The guy has a huge ego and is known for starting **** because of it. I mean, the fact that he made a spectacle out of this on Twitter, even tagging Marvel and Bob Iger on his tweet, just speaks volume about the whole situation. Until some actual evidence is shown, I'm not taking his word for it that he has any case at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Much like his drawings I doubt he'll have a foot to stand on.
    LMAO. Underrated reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I imagine his ego was and is bruised over the fact that Major X was just a whole lot of whatever while Hickman's relaunch is exploding.

He's been tossing sour grapes about House/Powers on Twitter all while it's been coming out so I would think this is his way of crying for attention.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. I believe he really believed Major X was going to be the next big thing over at Marvel. He was bragging about it not long ago, and now no one outside of his bubble really cares about it because Hickman brought all the spotlight to his work on the X-line. For someone like Rob ''Marvel Should Have Called Me So Future Foundation Wouldn't Get Cancelled'' Liefeld, it must've stung.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    He says that this doesn't concern "Deadpool proper".

So this is about....Gwenpool. Usually I wouldn't care about something like this, but if it sidelines Gwenpool I won't shed any tears.
    Not sure if you're being ironic, but not even him would be delusional enough to think he has any kind of case over Gwenpool. I don't even think he has any bad blood with the character, considering he's accepted to draw her for variant covers. Plus, she's been around for 4 years. If he hasn't whined about her up until now, I don't see why he suddenly would. It's gotta be something more recent, and considering he was working on a new character for Marvel just this year, my guess is that it's related to that.

Gwenpool's not going anywhere, anyway. In just four years of existence: she's had a 25-issue solo run. She's been a guest on multiple other books. She's been on a team book. She just got her own mini. She's been in games. She has merch. And last not but least, she seems to be popular in Japan, and Cebulski loves pandering to the asian market.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-08-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. I believe he really believed Major X was going to be the next big thing over at Marvel. He was bragging about it not long ago, and now no one outside of his bubble really cares about it because Hickman brought all the spotlight to his work on the X-line. For someone like Rob ''Marvel Should Have Called Me So Future Foundation Wouldn't Get Cancelled'' Liefeld, it must've stung.
    He literally threw a hissy fit on Twitter when he found out that Major X made a tiny cameo in an issue of Spider-Man/Deadpool before his issue came out, all because they were "stealing his first appearance". Because that's all he cares about, the money and attention. There's a reason he's famous for "creating" Deadpool, not writing him.

Thinking outside the box, because this is Liefeld so it could be literally anything, what I believe may have happened is all the insulting he's done to the other creators may have finally been too much for them and they decided to can Badder Blood, his final DP graphic novel they've been talking about for a while, and I guess maybe this is him fighting back to either get compensated or allow him to write it himself.

They didn't even hire him to do a variant cover for the new Kelly Thompson Deadpool book, so that may also hint they've had enough and stopped hiring him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I approach my comics fandom the same way I approach my sports fandom. I almost get as much pleasure seeing bad things happen to a team/character I loathe than seeing good things happen to a team/character I like.
    Well, this is a toxic mindset that this industry needs far less of.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I hate Deadpool and Gwenpool but I would not try to stop other people from enjoying them.
    Baby Thanos

BANNED

Someone always hates something like some fans and Starlin himself hating Cates thanos wins arc which supposedly ripped off his book and Cosmic Ghost Rider who was supposedly inspired by a what if ghost rider from the future according to a fan theory and Baby Thanos who was a cheap copy of Baby Darkseid according to yet once again fan theory. It seems like Cates just can't please anyone when it comes to his Thanos run. Lol

I loved his Thanos run, though I have liked most things by Cates. (did not read Death of the Inhumans tho) But he is a modern style writer, who keeps up with and uses modern continuity, and current takes on the characters, while Starlin is not. The Starlin fans who keep up with his current Thanos stuff are most likely the nostalgic type that want everything to go back to how they were in their preferred era, most likely the bronze age in this case, and Cates having more success sales wise than Starlin is a threat to that ever happening. Which is where I think a lot of the rooting for things to fail mindset comes in, hoping for something they like better to take its place. And with the Thanos stuff it's particularly evident since we had the two takes being published close to simultaneously

As an aside tho, a few days ago Valentino himself, who did the story Cates had supposedly ripped off, defended Cates, calling the conspiracy nonsense. https://mobile.twitter.com/Doncates/...22220882653184
    Last edited by Raye; 10-14-2019 at 05:55 AM.

give him Deadpool. then watch Deadpool's popularity plummet. that should be his legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    give him Deadpool. then watch Deadpool's popularity plummet. that should be his legacy.
    I am actually on the fence about this. It's been a while since I even cared about Deadpool, but Ryan Reynolds made me love the character in the movies. If Liefeld wins control of Deadpool, Marvel will never make a movie about him again, and good luck to Liefeld to get to make a Deadpool only movie with absolutely no other Marvel characters. Deadpool works best if he has characters to play off, and without that he isn't much of anything.

Oh yeah, and Liefeld, go ahead and get control of Deadpool and then see if maybe the creators of Deathstroke come after you in court next.

Disney and Marvel usually avoid suing each other because they borrow each other's characters all the time. I am sure they have had a few lawsuits over the years, but DC doesn't even bug them about Squadron Supreme anymore. Even recently DC is making Red Hood and the Outlaws almost like an X-Men team. I think at this point Marvel and DC just see it as paying homage to each other's characters as long as the imitation stays within reason.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am actually on the fence about this. It's been a while since I even cared about Deadpool, but Ryan Reynolds made me love the character in the movies. If Liefeld wins control of Deadpool, Marvel will never make a movie about him again, and good luck to Liefeld to get to make a Deadpool only movie with absolutely no other Marvel characters.
    is Reynolds set to make more movies? wouldn't they associate him with the Fox X-Men movies? those characters are sprinkled throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    is Reynolds set to make more movies? wouldn't they associate him with the Fox X-Men movies? those characters are sprinkled throughout.
    Reynolds is going to do a Deadpool movie under the Disney banner and continue his trilogy since they now own the first two.

But if Liefeld took all the rights to Deadpool in a court case he would have to recast Deadpool and he wouldn't have any other X-Characters. He wouldn't be able to reference anything in the first two movies.

If he moved Deadpool to Image he would be able to cross over with Spawn and other characters he controls but he wouldn't have access to any other Marvel characters.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Don't care for Lifefeld one way or the other but I hope he wins. Disney's influence on Marvel and media in general has become to much. At this point any pressure thrown at them (that is just and in good nature) I'm for 100%.
    What? This has absolutely nothing to do with Disney.