Default Should Liam Neeson/Qui-Gon appear in the Obi-Wan TV series?

At the end of Revenge of the Sith, Yoda tells Obi-Wan that he's able to communicate with Qui-Gon, who of course teaches Obi-Wan and Yoda the vanishing Jedi death power (which is a bit odd, since Qui-Gon's body didn't vanish at all).

So presumably he had some kind of communication with Obi-Wan on Tatooine, much like Obi-Wan and later Yoda and Anakin would later appear to Luke.

Is it possible we'll see Qui-Gon appear? Granted, Liam looks a bit older, but he could perhaps just do the voice like in Clone Wars. Also, although the Luke on Crait wasn't a ghost, it was still a sort of force projection that hints that perhaps they can change form (As Luke appeared with shorter hair, a different outfit and slightly younger look); The Force Awakens concept art hinted at doing this with Vader, who would appear as a ghost and shift between his Anakin and Vader forms.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I would like to see it done not quite like Luke, Yoda, or Obi ... something not as precise as theirs because Qui-gon was just learning it and the others perfected it. So maybe blue ghost that ages and can only stay around for very short period of time?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I would like to see it done not quite like Luke, Yoda, or Obi ... something not as precise as theirs because Qui-gon was just learning it and the others perfected it. So maybe blue ghost that ages and can only stay around for very short period of time?
    They could also start off with just VO stuff where Ben can hear Qui-gon but can't see him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    They could also start off with just VO stuff where Ben can hear Qui-gon but can't see him yet.
    I was thinking the same thing kind of like what Ben did with Luke on the Death Star run. A voice that gives bits of advice here and there.

I'm not sure that vanishing is a requirement. Vader also didn't seem to vanish and got to be a force ghost.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I'd be down with a VO if they eventually had a ghost with it that flickered in and out.

"OBI .... W-A-A-A-AAAAN ... Maul. Has. Survived!" As he flashes in and out and in random places. Kinda like he can't control it? Give it a bit of a horror vibe and Obi has to learn to trust that it is his old master.

That'd be kinda cool.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'd be down with a VO if they eventually had a ghost with it that flickered in and out.

"OBI .... W-A-A-A-AAAAN ... Maul. Has. Survived!" As he flashes in and out and in random places. Kinda like he can't control it? Give it a bit of a horror vibe and Obi has to learn to trust that it is his old master.

That'd be kinda cool.
    I'd be down with something like that.

We do know from From a Certain Point of View that Qui-Gon did perfect his ghosting as of ANH, which was news to Ben. Maybe they could do the voice thing like in The Clone Wars in the meantime?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)