Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your aunt sees that you are 38 years old, single, living with your Dad, in a superhero themed bedroom. Regardless of what people here tell you, that definitely gives the appearance that you've never grown up. Having a home with a comic room is something most people can appreciate (whether they understand it or not). Being almost 40 with a superhero bedroom at your Dad's house isn't the same thing. It's no different than an adult decorating a bedroom in a sports theme or cars, or a similar interest. Tell your aunt that she took your space if she keeps nagging you. Don't bring any dates home either if you like them. People have changed their view on comics in general, but not to that extent. Get your own place with a spare room, fix up that room to the max, and spend all your time in there. Get a nice comforter set, some curtains, and a couple of non-superhero pictures for your bedroom.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Guy View Post
    Your aunt sees that you are 38 years old, single, living with your Dad, in a superhero themed bedroom. Regardless of what people here tell you, that definitely gives the appearance that you've never grown up. Having a home with a comic room is something most people can appreciate (whether they understand it or not). Being almost 40 with a superhero bedroom at your Dad's house isn't the same thing. It's no different than an adult decorating a bedroom in a sports theme or cars, or a similar interest. Tell your aunt that she took your space if she keeps nagging you. Don't bring any dates home either if you like them. People have changed their view on comics in general, but not to that extent. Get your own place with a spare room, fix up that room to the max, and spend all your time in there. Get a nice comforter set, some curtains, and a couple of non-superhero pictures for your bedroom.
    He shouldn't have to get his own place if he and his father are HAPPY. He also shouldn't have to rent an entire house for the express purpose of camouflaging his interests. Dude's an honest taxpayer living a life he enjoys. More power to him. If his Aunt had any suggestions worth hearing, she could try applying them to her own situation. Because there's a big difference between being a man with a job choosing to live alongside his father, and an unemployed sister choosing to live off her brother's generosity.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Guy View Post

Icant really get my own place, My father is disabled and I take care of him. I am his caretaker. So its not like I am some unemployed person living with my father and spending all of my time reading comics. My comics hobby is something I do in my spare time. And it helps me unwind from the stress of being my fathers caretaker.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Icant really get my own place, My father is disabled and I take care of him. I am his caretaker. So its not like I am some unemployed person living with my father and spending all of my time reading comics. My comics hobby is something I do in my spare time. And it helps me unwind from the stress of being my fathers caretaker.
    You're a good person, in my book. Being a caregiver is no easy task. More power to you; and enjoy your hobby.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Well today was a bad day for the two of us. I have a small bedroom and because of this I have a twin bed. I got tired of looking at my plain boring bedding so I ordered an Avengers sheet set and Spiderman comforter. I saw them and thought these look really cool and will add some color to my bedroom. Man she went nuts. Telling me that was the line. I am acting like a child. I am 38 and need to grow up. I am never going to find a partner if I dont grow up. I got tired of hearing this and we yelled back and forth for a few minutes.
    I'm sorry you had to deal with this; but let's make one thing very clear: how you have YOUR room, how you decorate it, how you want it to look... is no-one else's business but yours. And your aunt had no right to voice her thoughts on the matter, anymore than you have a right to go into her room and say it's drab, or boring, or the colour pallet is terrible. So remember (even though yes we shouldn't loose our cool) you were not in the wrong, and you're not a bad person for standing up for yourself. In fact it shows character.

Personally I think your Avenger bed-sheets sound cool!

Do you guys ever get hate for being a nerd or having a nerdy hobby?
    Hate? No. Hate is too strong. But yes, people do raise an eyebrow from time to time. As with much in life, people who don't understand something will still judge it, despite not having any true knowledge to back up their thoughts. But who cares what people like that think? I certainly don't. The opinions of those who judge without knowledge is about as useful as a chocolate coffee cup.

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Rolled eyes sometimes, but not hate.

No, because it's not the 80s any more.

And your aunt is the one who needs to grow up and stop being a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    And your aunt is the one who needs to grow up and stop being a ****.
    BWWWHAHAHAHA!

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-19-2019 at 02:37 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

I would rather you unwind with a good comic book. Than use other people's coping mechanism, drugs, weed, alcohol or junk food or watching mindless entertainment. Or even worse lashing out in anger and frustration.

SH comics are a bit mainstream now, But I remember years ago a poster talking about how the same people who laugh at him for reading comic books. Are the same people who like read John Grisham, Daniel Steel and Stephen King.

Like Prospero...I love my books! My main reasons for collecting comics books is to read about the qualities I admire in men and women. Bravery, discipline, responsibility and acting like a fully fledged grown up and human being. I have learned and absorbed more from reading SH comic books than most self-help books.

Arrow

I've never gotten that much hate for being a "nerd", however, there seems to be more than enough hate in this thread to go around. Wow, Tbaron I feel for you man. Looking after your disabled father is a noble thing don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you want to read comic books go right ahead you've more than earned the right,
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."