I live with my father and have my own bedroom. I decided to do my bedroom with a superhero theme. I have posters and pictures of superheroes. I have action figures and little statues of heroes. I have Marvel curtains. My dad is very supportive of this. He lets me know about superhero tv shows that I might like, buys me posters and action figures for Christmas. He said it is a hobby that makes me happy and that is good enough for him. But my aunt moved in about a month ago. She is recovering from an illness and is trying to get back on her feet financially. At times she makes little coments on how I need to grow up and stop reading comics and collection figures because it is a childs hobby.

Well today was a bad day for the two of us. I have a small bedroom and because of this I have a twin bed. I got tired of looking at my plain boring bedding so I ordered an Avengers sheet set and Spiderman comforter. I saw them and thought these look really cool and will add some color to my bedroom. Man she went nuts. Telling me that was the line. I am acting like a child. I am 38 and need to grow up. I am never going to find a partner if I dont grow up. I got tired of hearing this and we yelled back and forth for a few minutes.

No I am not dumb. I know a grown man having superhero bed sheets is a little odd. But its what makes me happy. So I dont understand why she flipped out the way she did.

Do you guys ever get hate for being a nerd or having a nerdy hobby?