Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What mutant powers combos would you like to see in the future? Create your Five

It has been not so subtly hinted at by Hickman that mutant powers working together and in unison produce bigger, better results than the powers of a single mutant, and we've seen some cool combos like the Five using their powers to resurrect, the Cuckoos being used as wires to connect Storm, Trinary, Beast and Xavier and even Syrin and Dazzler together.

What other power combos can you guys think of that would make for some nice effects, or just look good visually? Maybe giving a power a slight tweak/retcon like Goldballs eggs.

I was thinking for example that Magma, Rictor, Black Tom and Storm could make for an excellent terraforming team when combined with Krakoa. Magma and Rictor could literally raise the Earth together to create new Islands, Storm can create microclimates to cool it down or make it more livable and Black Tom can coordinate the Krakoan expansion or enhance it through his botanopaty. Add Hope to have their powers at peak and there's the Terraforming Five.

The older I get, the more I kinda detest this idea of reducing mutants down to their powers, and then building up. It worked with Excalibur cause Merlyn manipulated the team into becoming a cross-time scalpel, but it felt lame when Apocalypse revealed the Twelve was just an ascendancy machine. And then they had the Reload team somehow merge to help Rachel break reality. It’s comics so I shrug, but I find it boring.

Hickman’s Five gets a pass cause it’s a bunch of newer and/or less developed characters that combine powers to do something novel and unique.

I hate to just walk in on a thread, crap all over the premise, and not contribute —so I’m going to have a think what would be cool, novel, and unique. I hope others likewise consider a stronger challenge than “ultimate warrior” or telekinetic defense protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The older I get, the more I kinda detest this idea of reducing mutants down to their powers, and then building up. It worked with Excalibur cause Merlyn manipulated the team into becoming a cross-time scalpel, but it felt lame when Apocalypse revealed the Twelve was just an ascendancy machine. And then they had the Reload team somehow merge to help Rachel break reality. It’s comics so I shrug, but I find it boring.

Hickman’s Five gets a pass cause it’s a bunch of newer and/or less developed characters that combine powers to do something novel and unique.

I hate to just walk in on a thread, crap all over the premise, and not contribute —so I’m going to have a think what would be cool, novel, and unique. I hope others likewise consider a stronger challenge than “ultimate warrior” or telekinetic defense protocol.
    lol no prob, I get what you mean. There were times when my favourite characters became essentially the stereotype of their power (Magik-bus and blonde radio Emma). But I also like their powers being explored since it's still a fun part of the X-Men world.

Kid Omega
    Beast
    Forge
    Box
    Sage
    Doctor Nemesis.

I fear what they can do with all that creative power.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Planetary Satellite Defense.

Karma links Infectia, Colossus, Multiple Man and Exodus.

Jamie makes a Dupe, Infectia mutates it with Colossus’s omnium body. Then Exodus moves the body into orbital position. Karma and Exodus link with Jamie during invasion events. Each satellite Jamie becomes a small telekinetic soldier.

Proteus
    Morph
    elixir
    mr immortal
    Destiny

because....why not?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Planetary Satellite Defense.

Karma links Infectia, Colossus, Multiple Man and Exodus.

Jamie makes a Dupe, Infectia mutates it with Colossus’s omnium body. Then Exodus moves the body into orbital position. Karma and Exodus link with Jamie during invasion events. Each satellite Jamie becomes a small telekinetic soldier.
    Oh damn that's an original idea there. I definitely was not expecting Infectia lol Poor Madroxes tho :| Maybe Exodus can put them in stasis with TP while they are inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh damn that's an original idea there. I definitely was not expecting Infectia lol Poor Madroxes tho :| Maybe Exodus can put them in stasis with TP while they are inactive.
    Yeah I mean that was the idea. Dormant bodies ready for activation. Like radio controlled mutants.

If you subtract Karma and Exodus and replace them with Jean Grey, you’d make HER Krakoa’s Jami-lossus pilot.

Jamie is probably the mutant I’d get the most use out of. He’s a network. If you link him up to line-of-sight mutants, he can operate in unison across a variety of multiplicative minds.

Like, why doesn’t Forge build Jamie an iron man suit, and then hit him a few hundred times to instantly build an iron legion?

Mimic
    Sunfire
    Hellion
    Colossus
    Blink

Banshee
    Siryn
    Shriek
    Dazzler
    Kylun

Intern: The big eared, big mouthed mutant eavesdropper from Generation X #11
    bigear.jpg
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-08-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Banshee
    Siryn
    Shriek
    Dazzler
    Kylun

Intern: The big eared, big mouthed mutant eavesdropper from Generation X #11
    bigear.jpg
    haha, this is the let's make Dazzler a goddess team. Everyone just uses their auditory power at Dazzler and then she destroys everything with the power of a small star.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

If I had Kylun for an arc I’d have him pick fights with a bunch of sound fighters, like Klaw, Songbird, and Black Bolt... just so he had an arsenal for upcoming battles.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This is kind of not really related to this thread, but seeing the title made me realize that the chimeras had a mix of five possible donor powers, meaning they could make one with all the powers of The Five.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This is kind of not really related to this thread, but seeing the title made me realize that the chimeras had a mix of five possible donor powers, meaning they could make one with all the powers of The Five.
    The Five have three Omega mutants. That doesn’t work right?