Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Default True Detective Season 3

Finally, praise the lord and the baby Jesus

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...-go-ahead-hbo/

Hope I'm not the only one looking forward to this. Season 1 was incredible, Season 2 still miles above other crime shows imho

Cautiously optimistic. The deep rural south has already been done to excellence with season 1, I'd hate for the new season to stumble with constant comparisons to it.

I found numerous faults with the second season but at least it tried a different setting and approach. I'd love for the Ozarks to go back even further in time (60s -70s) than the first.

I just dig Pizzolatto's writing (TD made me read his novel Galveston) and whatever the 3rd season may do wrong, I think we're in for a great cast, beautiful shots and some haunting score

Just finished Season 3 and while this one feels less spectacular and a lot smaller without a big conspiracy it seemingly hits all the right beats for my taste. Great acting and more focus on one cop. The spectacular episode did not happen, though. What's the overall reception here?

EDIT: Surprised to see Amelia didn't get killed for her research
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 10-10-2019 at 06:41 AM.

i didn't like it. a lot of phoned in performances. or maybe it was just the direction. disclaimer: i was very excited to see it and own it on dvd.

I thought it was really good until the ending. The payoff was really anti-climactic for me and I thought it was a cheap ploy to reference the first season when there was no reason to do it other than tease the audience that there was a connection.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I thought it was really good until the ending. The payoff was really anti-climactic for me and I thought it was a cheap ploy to reference the first season when there was no reason to do it other than tease the audience that there was a connection.
    The case pretty much ends the way you expect it to. Like 3 episodes prior to the finale:-(