Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    No, it's not an fetish because he's not reducing the person to an object. He's definitely has an specific interest within this pairing, which again, nothing wrong with that. But as long as he views the couple as people, and not a object, it's not a fetish.

A preference is a preferred attractive to a particular appearance, which in his case is black and white.

Put it another way, if an Asian male goes to different sections, drawing fan art of Asian male characters and Asian female characters together, and go to different section of the thread asking for what type of pairing of those exist within the forums, would you call it a fetish?
    Yes. And you're literally ignoring that man himself said he has this fetish.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Yes. And you're literally ignoring that man himself said he has this fetish.
    He literally just elaborated on what he was referring to, did the man state he was reducing the pairing to an object? No, then it's not a fetish. If you look at previous threads, you'll see someone say that he has a fetish which he just agrees to. If you don't know what the correct term is, and believe what they say sounds like the correct term, then it makes sense to agree with. But notice how once I mention fetish refers to you turning something to an object has him stating a different tune, and that's because his interest or intentions isn't meant to turn something into an object.

It's not like how folks walk pass and a guy is like "dude, look at those glutes" Now that's a fetish, because you're focusing on a specific object or body part.

And are you saying Yes regarding my Asian question or something else?

Weren’t Brother Voodoo and Scarlet Witch an item at one point?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

He literally just elaborated on what he was referring to, did the man state he was reducing the pairing to an object? No, then it's not a fetish. If you look at previous threads, you'll see someone say that he has a fetish which he just agrees to. If you don't know what the correct term is, and believe what they say sounds like the correct term, then it makes sense to agree with. But notice how once I mention fetish refers to you turning something to an object has him stating a different tune, and that's because his interest or intentions isn't meant to turn something into an object.

It's not like how folks walk pass and a guy is like "dude, look at those glutes" Now that's a fetish, because you're focusing on a specific object or body part.

And are you saying Yes regarding my Asian question or something else?
    What makes it a fetish is he doesn’t care who the characters are by his own admission, he just likes to see that interracial pairing. It’s not a slight but a “preference” is what you yourself like to engage in, not what you like to see portrayed in media.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What makes it a fetish is he doesn’t care who the characters are by his own admission, he just likes to see that interracial pairing. It’s not a slight but a “preference” is what you yourself like to engage in, not what you like to see portrayed in media.

Eh I disagree with that notion. It's about representation. Just use the LGBT representation for example. LGBT, while not a preference, regularly and rightfully request to see their representation in comics, movies, televisions, etc.

For example, I've personally have been very vocal about the lack of romantic relationships involving minority males, and how they're treated subpar within the media. Both Interracial Relationships and Monoracial relationships need some serious representation fixing.
    But I know people who specifically discuss about monoracial love representation like black love, or interracial representation like in this thread. I don't think any of that falls under fetish, but specifically having our media properties reflect the real world, especially for relationships that are considered more "taboo" like black males/white females.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    As far as I know they still are, they moved in together not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    I´m seeing there´s an interesting debate around fetiches and preference, I will try to make myself clear, one of my favorite couples in comics are Superman and Lois Lane, the other one is Aquaman and Mera (Sorry by making DC references, I´m more of a DC reader), other is Wally West and Linda Park, other is Peter Parker and Mary Jane, or Vision and Scarlet Witch, or Ronan and Crystal, the point is I use to love this characters as individuals and as a couple, I have no problem with other pairings, I just like a particular appearance, like this kind of interracial or even women (black or white) with aliens, robots and etc as it shows my love for Vision/Scarlet Witch.
    Ronan and Crystal was my favourite pairing too. I want them back. That whole Romeo and Juliet vibe didn’t sit well with me. They shouldn’t have been forced apart. The reason I liked them, is because I can’t think of Ronan loving anybody, and, I had no idea why Crystal loved Ronan. It was engrossing. It was genius. And don’t get me started on T’Challa and Ororro.

Sorry for side-tracking.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-09-2019 at 04:38 PM.

uh oh. Internet breaking topic. Heh.

I guess they've all been revealed already. It doesn't help that Marvel didn't have a hell of a lot of black males until the 1990s. Up until then, what, Falcon, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Prowler, Rocket Racer, Sunspot, Battlestar. Bishop didn't debut until 1991,then gradually you had others.

I'd like to see Falcon/Valkyrie explored, but I suspect it will be completely ignored at this point.

At the same time, there's bound to be pushback from "anti-assimilationist" sentiment that would call any such pairings as "promoting swirl culture" and "erasing black women/black endogamous" couples.

So we'll see what happens. Or not.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 10-09-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Cloak and Dagger

Sunspot and.....any chick hes been interested in....lol
    Seriously theres not even a brunette thats caught his eye
    GrindrStone(D)

This thread is......interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    As far as I know they still are, they moved in together not long ago.
    Wanda Maximoff isn’t white.

but specifically having our media properties reflect the real world, especially for relationships that are considered more "taboo" like black males/white females..
    Eh not so taboo in the Marvel U. I think theres more interracial relationships than 'monoracial' ones
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Olsen is tho
    The J-man

The way she's drawn says otherwise.

Spectacular Member

She absolutely is. She’s never drawn as Romani, and that was a retcon later on.