Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Marvel Interracial Black Men and White Women- how many relationships are?

I´ve been thinking, in some fan arts I´ve posted people have been talking about how this kind of relationships always ends bad by many reasons, meanwhile DC apparently has no iconic black men and white women couples, I know Marvel has a few ones like Jessica Jones with Luke Cage or Carol Danvers with James Rhodes, but iconic or not, how many relationships of this kind are?

uh, John Stewart and Shayera Hall held it down for a while on Justice League even had a kid together.

Batwoman and the Question were an item for a second. Mr. Terrific and Powergirl during the New 52. Starfire and Dick Grayson.

Falcon and War Machine have had relationships over the years. Blade had one with Spitfire etc. The only really stable relationship is Luke Cage and Jessica because they have a daughter together. If they didn't have a child some writer would have eventually broken them up.

Ironfist and Misty Knight were a thing for a little bit.

Luke Cage and She-Hulk for a second.

Is Northstar still dating/married to his significant other (sorry don't remember his name)?

Cloak and Dagger? That's happening, right?

Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen....that was a thing right?
    Last edited by Jabare; 10-08-2019 at 11:41 PM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen....that was a thing right?
    There's some random universe where they're married, but the main version didn't really happen outside of that one story arc, and I think it was only hinting they may get together? I dunno... That relationship from another universe was constantly reminded as a possible future to Spider-Gwen's own Earth at the end of the run of her second volume, but I think that was it.

Gabe Jones and Peggy Carter.

Astonishing Member

Silver Sable and a French black guy...I think his name is Jacques. Also didn't she date Battlestar?

Are we only talking black men with white women, or can it go the other way too, cus Storm has been with Wolverine at times, nothing too serious but it didn't end badly either.

Falcon was with Jane Foster, maybe still is

BANNED

Em, I said black men and white women specifically, not lesbian or gay interracial nor white guy and white women.

BANNED

Only black men and white women...

Mighty Member

Dude, you've got a fetish.

BANNED

I know, but who doesn´t?

It's not uncommon to see things take a hard a hard right when this subject matter is brought up especially in this medium folk seem to throw out weird vibes to these relationships. Also the reason why there aren't that many and if they exist they have some kind of dysfunction dynamic to them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    I know, but who doesn´t?
    It's not a fetish. It's a preference. People may try to call it a fetish due to it being interracial related, but as long as you see them as people and not an object, then it's a preference. No different than how someone prefers monoracial relationships, redheads, etc.

A fetish has a somewhat negative stigma to it, and is often thrown at people to try and discourage interracial relationships. Especially when it's dealing with a white female/black male, which is the most taboo interracial relationship in America.

Now back on topic, Marvel is arguably much better than DC in this area, though similarly many of the relationships have crashed. Currently, the only one I can think of at the moment is War Machine and Captain Marvel. They're probably the only interracial relationship with that pairing at the moment.
    There was Hawkeye with the guy that can change into vibramium in West Cost Avengers, but for some reason that relationship got no panel time after her ex boyfriend was introduced. So I don't know what's going on with that pairing lol.
    Last edited by leo619; 10-09-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    It's not a fetish. It's a preference. People may try to call it a fetish due to it being interracial related, but as long as you see them as people and not an object, then it's a preference. No different than how someone prefers monoracial relationships, redheads, etc.

A fetish has a somewhat negative stigma to it, and is often thrown at people to try and discourage interracial relationships. Especially when it's dealing with a white female/black male, which is the most taboo interracial relationship in America.

Now back on topic, Marvel is arguably much better than DC in this area, though similarly many of the relationships have crashed. Currently, the only one I can think of at the moment is War Machine and Captain Marvel. They're probably the only interracial relationship with that pairing at the moment.
    There was Hawkeye with the guy that can change into vibramium in West Cost Avengers, but for some reason that relationship got no panel time after her ex boyfriend was introduced. So I don't know what's going on with that pairing lol.
    No, this is explicitly a fetish. He is zeroing in on a very specific thing, and not even as him being a part of it. It's unquestionably a fetish.

Preference in what? He's not taking any part in the couples.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    No, this is explicitly a fetish. He is zeroing in on a very specific thing, and not even as him being a part of it. It's unquestionably a fetish.

Preference in what? He's not taking any part in the couples.
    No, it's not an fetish because he's not reducing the person to an object. He's definitely has an specific interest within this pairing, which again, nothing wrong with that. But as long as he views the couple as people, and not a object, it's not a fetish.

A preference is a preferred attractive to a particular appearance, which in his case is black and white.

Put it another way, if an Asian male goes to different sections, drawing fan art of Asian male characters and Asian female characters together, and go to different section of the thread asking for what type of pairing of those exist within the forums, would you call it a fetish?

BANNED

I´m seeing there´s an interesting debate around fetiches and preference, I will try to make myself clear, one of my favorite couples in comics are Superman and Lois Lane, the other one is Aquaman and Mera (Sorry by making DC references, I´m more of a DC reader), other is Wally West and Linda Park, other is Peter Parker and Mary Jane, or Vision and Scarlet Witch, or Ronan and Crystal, the point is I use to love this characters as individuals and as a couple, I have no problem with other pairings, I just like a particular appearance, like this kind of interracial or even women (black or white) with aliens, robots and etc as it shows my love for Vision/Scarlet Witch.