Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Silver Sable and a French black guy...I think his name is Jacques.
    Oh, I remember that one...it didn't end well for the black guy.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Some Romani are white look. But Wanda is indeed Romani and has been for decades now. Comics don't really ever capture that most Romani have darker features. They just aren't good with accuracy.
    nitpicking on S.W.'s technical ethnicity doesn't make her any less white under American/Western standards (with all said privileges, implied, non-implied, non-asked-for, etc.). circa 1900 these "arguments" might have vague validity. Now? Hell no. same with Irish, Italians, Poles, Kardashians, etc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    nitpicking on S.W.'s technical ethnicity doesn't make her any less white under American/Western standards (with all said privileges, implied, non-implied, non-asked-for, etc.). circa 1900 these "arguments" might have vague validity. Now? Hell no. same with Irish, Italians, Poles, Kardashians, etc.
    I thought Wanda and Pietro were adopted by the gypsies with the Maximoffs. Magneto and Magda were Eastern European, Polish I believe, so maybe some Romani blood is there but not born into it .

On mixed race couples, one, two that sticks in my noggin is James Rhodes and Tony's short-lived girlfriend, Rae LaCosta which started during Len Kamanski's run on IRON MAN. Which started when Stark was dead, but cryonic suspension. The relationship went on into the first WAR MACHINE series in 1990s. I'm also sure before his death in CIVIL WAR II , hole Marvel seems to only want to keep digging with the She-Hulk. That Colonel Rhodes was seeing Carol Danvers, a.k.a. Captain Marvel at the time.

Sam Wilson, right before taking on the Captain America moniker, was in a relationship with Arnim Zola's daughter, Jet Black. But it ended when Jet was accused by Sharon Carter ,and her brother Leopold of secretly helping Arnim with her father's schemes. With the doubt of her innocence evident from Sam and the rest, Jet fled with Arnim.
    Last edited by The One and Only; Yesterday at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    It's not really like that. Most Romani are still darker skin. And don't consider themselves white. My family did not. And aren't treated white either. So it's just getting caught up on false pop culture portrayals, if you still consider Romani white.
    Was Curlytop

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    I thought Wanda and Pietro were adopted by the gypsies with the Maximoffs. Magneto and Magda were Eastern European, Polish I believe, so maybe some Romani blood is there but not born into it .

On mixed race couples, one, two that sticks in my noggin is James Rhodes and Tony's short-lived girlfriend, Rae LaCosta which started during Len Kamanski's run on IRON MAN. Which started when Stark was dead, but cryonic suspension. The relationship went on into the first WAR MACHINE series in 1990s. I'm also sure before his death in CIVIL WAR II , hole Marvel seems to only want to keep digging with the She-Hulk. That Colonel Rhodes was seeing Carol Danvers, a.k.a. Captain Marvel at the time.

Sam Wilson, right before taking on the Captain America moniker, was in a relationship with Arnim Zola's daughter, Jet Black. But it ended when Jet was accused by Sharon Carter ,and her brother Leopold of secretly helping Arnim with her father's schemes. With the doubt of her innocence evident from Sam and the rest, Jet fled with Arnim.
    No they weren't just adopted, but born as. Magda herself is Sinti. Their new mother is Roma. Their family are the Maximoffs, and they raised them. They were raised Romani with Romanipen. They are Romani.
    Was Curlytop