Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    There are only four blood types. Unless Logan and Moira have their own unique blood type, still one-fourth of the human/mutant kind will benefit from that.
    All blood types aren't distributed evenly within the human population. And if Moira and Wolverine are AB RhD negative then it'd much much less than a quarter

Wolverines not going to be producing enough blood to sustain several people

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Can we just address how arrogant Charles and Erik really are for a telepath who saw multiple futures Charles doesn't seem to realize his biggest mistake. Forcing his ideology on the world has been proven a failure time and time again and Erik's method has never worked out ever! IDK I personally just feel any situation with those 2 at the head is doomed to fail one way or another their egos are just to big.
    That is the whole problem, these two egos are always in the way of humanity

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Well here we are. It is canon that the humans (not ALL humans but those that hate mutants) will eliminate mutants even out into the farthest of futures. I appreciate the sense that they have no idea if this is going to work or not but they will try to do the very best for mutants while they can. I also like that there's a lot left unsaid and knowing Hickman, these things will eventually be said. Mystique and Destiny for sure will be an issue.

I also like how Charles, Erik, and Moira are not at all comfortable with the villains on the council. They know things can go south with any one of them. Also intriguing that the mutants don't know about Moira's memories. For now.

Well done. Very much looking forward to the new era. Let's do it!
    It was a good read. I also like how in the end he broken down not to emotion but the very basic sense of nature versus nuture. Do men continue to go forward on their path of technological advancement without taking into account the very tormentor we live in. It's really not personal, mutants are a natual evolution and for man that's nice, thats no different than the dinosaurs turning into birds they become so detached from their own inner self and attached to cell phones, computers, etc and before you know it thats all they want and nature can't survive. IN a sense mutants are the true inheritors of earth but earth is doomed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Did you guys see how Erik and Charles were basking in the glory of what THEY have made at the end of the issue while Moira rots in a lab?

Ugh. Men.

Anyway, I really loved this issue. Moira is ~such~ a presence, I adore her. Reading her thoughts on Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse was really great. Also, Logan and Moira. Shipping it.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That is the whole problem, these two egos are always in the way of humanity
    Thank you it's been proven a constant problem yet for some reason Moira thought putting these 2 in charge is the way to go I just don't understand. Not that I could think of anyone better to lead the mutant race but still like girl this could be the last shot and you choose the repeated failures again!

So what we have established is that tge Autumn council Moira should be able to control, the Summer council Xavier should be able to control, the Hellfire council should be co-operative but is a wild card and the winter council will be problematic

Also the council decides who gets resurrected next so they will just keep saying no to Mystique

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Did you guys see how Erik and Charles were basking in the glory of what THEY have made at the end of the issue while Moira rots in a lab?

Ugh. Men.

Anyway, I really loved this issue. Moira is ~such~ a presence, I adore her. Reading her thoughts on Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse was really great. Also, Logan and Moira. Shipping it.
    I really hope someone is smart enough to see past the BS and right through their ego's.

Thank you it's been proven a constant problem yet for some reason Moira thought putting these 2 in charge is the way to go I just don't understand. Not that I could think of anyone better to lead the mutant race but still like girl this could be the last shot and you choose the repeated failures again!
    It is for story reasons, Magneto and Charles were always the two biggest mutant leaders.

Moira choice is completely wrong LOL maybe they are the reason it always failed also counting apocalypse on this

Ugh. Men.

That was pretty bad, Moira hidden while they take all the credit for theirselves.

I really feel like there is something between Logan and Moira, maybe she isn't all alone in that lab.
    They rely on each other for 100 years, that was romantic
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-09-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Can we just address how arrogant Charles and Erik really are for a telepath who saw multiple futures Charles doesn't seem to realize his biggest mistake. Forcing his ideology on the world has been proven a failure time and time again and Erik's method has never worked out ever! IDK I personally just feel any situation with those 2 at the head is doomed to fail one way or another their egos are just to big.
    He sounds kind of arrogant, but what if they are right in starting to ignore Moira? She is the only variable that hasn't been removed.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Interesting issue. Moira admits in her journal that she showed Xavier and Magneto only the parts of her prior lives she wanted them to see, suggests that there is more that we aren't being told. It also helps explain why she doesn't want precogs resurrected, it's not simply a matter of mutants learning the truth, but the unedited truth. Legion will not react well if he finds out his origins, poor David.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothing View Post
    If that is what Moira learned from Life 9, then perhaps Life 10/X is her attempt to merge mutants with machines (which would be another reason why she needed to take Mother Mold and Nimrod off the board). And perhaps Prof X is part-machine now (which might be visible if he didn’t have his Cerebro helmet/mask on). Making Prof X part-machine would be a way to potentially “break” Prof X...
    Well, there is this, which still needs to be explained:

Extraordinary Member

while Moira rots in a lab?
    Is she? She mentions the other door leads to the food capitol of the world and she could go get her own tea.

So, really, the biggest problem here is why has this thread not turned into an argument about where that door goes?

Ugh. Men.

I really liked that their arrogance was highlighted this issue. One aspect of Hickman's writing I haven't been too keen of is his focus on important leaders doing important things, which in the MU happen to be mostly men. So it's refreshing to see that subverted by setting up the overblown egos of these important men as the cause of things going wrong in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Is she? She mentions the other door leads to the food capitol of the world and she could go get her own tea.

So, really, the biggest problem here is why has this thread not turned into an argument about where that door goes?
    There's a thread dedicated to that very question:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-PoX6-Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Hickman gave us a little bit of optimism with HOX #6 but then destroyed our - and Xavier's - dreams with POX #6.

Amazing conclusion.
    I kind of got the opposite, in a way. While I think that "the dream" as we've known it is not currently the goal, I think we're given enough info to know that Moira's plan isn't exactly the best idea. Sure, her plan is giving them a chance at some kind of success, but she had to break Charles down in order to get him to rethink his dream.

So in a way, I think the story is ultimately to be about surviving Moira's subversion of the dream.

I mean, in this, the fate of both mutants and humans are seen to be the same. They will eventually die when the post-humans arrive and then destroy both of them. So in order to win against that, it kind of makes sense that mutant and human will have to cooperate.

That's my take, anyway.

But, aside from that takeaway, the celebration at the end certainly is tinged with some doubt given that we know these two men have been manipulated to arrive at this point.

But Xavier never really tried to "force his ideology" on the world. He asked for acceptance, and worked toward showing why acceptance was a good idea....he didn't demand acceptance.

Magneto has always been about forcing his will upon the world. But he's always been a bit aggressive about the whole thing....more "I'll destroy the world if you don't accept mutants", which I think hasn't really worked out for him, and which actively undermined Xavier's actions.

The approach here is much more of a melding of the two approaches.

Amazing Member

So, does Dawn of X end in a couple years with another 12 issue mini with Galactus and Phoenix merging with the help of Franklin and Jean to take on the Dominion, with all those mutants sucked into Xorn's black hole face working from the inside of the Dominion to help the mutants?