Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    How do they know what future they travel to each time they do it? There are many different.
    I do not think that either Magik or Eva have enough control over time travel to pick going to alternative timelines. Of course, its not clearly how this work in marvel at all so its up to the current writer.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think Hickman is more inspire by science fiction such as the works of John Wyndham and has little care for any metaphor dealing with oppressed people.
    While being an oppressed/downtrodden minority is a very important part of the X-Men family of books, it has seemed for quite a while that 99% of X-Men stories are primarily about it. I don't think it should be forgotten or ignored for a story, but I do think we need more stories in which we focus on the fact that the are, first and foremost, heroes. Not just heroes but HEROES. Highly powered, highly competent, highly experienced heroes. I'd like to see roughly 1 out of every 4 or 5 story arcs focus on their heroism over yet another extinction or angst fest. If nothing else, such stories would serve as a palate cleanser between such story arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by marseve View Post
    I agree Mystique has a back-up plan. In the MotherMold mission, she snuck a flower unto that station- either that is a quick escape plan for the future, or she didnt really die in space, & there are 2 Mystiques now...?
    Ooof, I'll be paying close attention to the eyes of all characters.

Especially Kitty Pryde (?? I dunno why she popped into my head), and Magneto (cos the helmet, an Xavier shield).

Mystiques ace would be an unknown dupe. She gonna get suspect and proactive when Destiny isn't forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    The truth of DC/Marvel comics is that you can never be sure what is canon and what is not since writers are always creating retcons. This existed long before Moira X and will exist without her.
    I know, the eternal issue of continuity but now marvel has created a Time Bomb, if sales dont go well, the next two years maybe will not count. I know that this probably dont bother many people, i just dont understand why they (Marvel) corner themselves like this everytime.

Also, the BIGGEST reveal of this issue is that Moira is not behind everything in the 616. Xavier and Magneto have had their own plans and their own goals separate from her and this very issue they even tell her to take a back seat to them and let them drive. So rest assured that Moira is not behind everything thats happened in xmen history nor will she be in the future.
    Probably she just become my scapegoat of everything i dont like in this run, i would keep many things (the island, some resurrections, the weird charles, the political struggle ect) but her part, i will prefer another form of telling this story, either way im happy about what you said and the fact that nothing is beyond repair, hopefully someone with good ideas could put good use at this world building.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-09-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Ooof, I'll be paying close attention to the eyes of all characters.

Especially Kitty Pryde (?? I dunno why she popped into my head), and Magneto (cos the helmet, an Xavier shield).

Mystiques ace would be an unknown dupe. She gonna get suspect and proactive when Destiny isn't forthcoming.
    Xavier is being too lenient to Mystique and other villains.

It will all go back to bite his and Magneto egos

Clearly none but Destiny have learned about Moira's true existence and so her mutant power and her past lives are still hidden from all other precogs. Destiny also seems to be able to see Moira in her visions even when she reboots her life. So I think this sets Destiny perhaps as a step ahead of other precogs in how strong her power is. What Moira fears is everyone learning that mutants are doomed in all the lives she lives. She fears everyone would have the same pessimism that Moira herself clearly has. Its likely to cause exterme reactions as well such as a mutant going on a rampage like Magneto did in life #8.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    eva and magik have to travel to the future, while destiny sees it from the present

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    How do they know what future they travel to each time they do it? There are many different.

Thanks but some answers still confuse me.

God I hate time travel .

I really think that Sabretooth is going to have his vengeance quota.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I really think that Sabretooth is going to have his vengeance quota.
    Surely it is only a matter of time .

She's the only character of the Council that I can't understand why she's there.

She seems small fry compared to the others, in power and influence.

[addition]

of course we now know why.
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 10-09-2019 at 02:38 PM.

All-New Member

I haven’t seen this point brought up before — now that we are at the end of the event and we know that Moira X is “our” Moira and all of this has occurred in the 616, I have a few questions about how the retcon fits into past storylines:

1) Moira’s long-term possession by the Shadow King leading up the Muir Island Saga. Does this mean that the Shadow King has access to her memories of past lives? It seems like he would have mentioned it....
    2) Was the initial partnership among Magneto, Xavier, and Moira reflected publicly in the period in which Magneto led the New Mutants? Or were they in cahoots behind the scenes? How much of what Moira knew from previous lives was revealed to Magneto?

I have only read PoX #6 once, and I am sure I will read that series through again now that it is complete. (I reread HoX this past week, and I liked it a lot more without the PoX issues inserted randomly in it. The narrative is much more coherent on its own.) Also, in the HoX reread, I noticed that a No-Place is a Krakoan tumor — a place of which even Krakoa is not aware. So whatever is going on down there, they are trying to hide it even from the island itself. Which is maybe just so Krakoa doesn’t spill the beans to Cypher?

I was super skeptical at first, but I must say that I am more excited about what comes next than I have been about the X-Books in a loooong time. At least since the early days of All-New X-Men.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Probably my least favorite issue. Kind of an underwhelming end for such a perfect event.
    I agree it was pretty much a dud
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Has anyone seen any links up yet for the Moira journal pages that were redacted? Links meaning, someone attempted to "lighten" them and found some gems?

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Probably my least favorite issue. Kind of an underwhelming end for such a perfect event.
    This is just the tip of iceberg for x-men status

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I don't think the repeat pages count towards the page count of an issue. Same goes for the data pages. I think this issue had the same number of new art pages as any other issue.
    Then that makes me feel better, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Is Hickman the first writer to point out the idiocy of "next step in human evolution" as if humanity hasn't made that a solved problem for decades now?

Also pretty dirty of Moira to be all "Precogs can go and stay gone." Mystique definitely ain't gonna be on this Krakoa run for long.

edit; AND I CONTINUE TO MAINTAIN THAT POWERS OF X JUST DRAGGED HOUSE OF X DOWN
    Mutants are effectively obsolete in a world where technologies can overcome genetic predispositions and transcend them.
    Progress is what end mutants apparently.
    That's why Moira feels like their fate cannot be changed maybe: progress cannot be stopped. Ever. It can be delayed, it can be hampered, but stagnation won't happen. And she knows it. The technologies necessary to kickstart what is basically transhumanism are already in play in 616, even if at an early stage for some of them. Proto Novissimas already exist as we speak: all the other superhumans, genetically-engineered supersoldiers and cyborgs... they are the embryos of what is to come.
    What can mutants do about them? Killing Captain America, Spider-Man, Sue Richards and the likes isn't exactly an option. And the technological bottle cannot be controlled in a world full of genius like Stark or Reed. There's an inevitability to the Novissimas appearing somewhere down the line.
    The Kree created the Inhumans with a similar yet more cynical mindset than Mankind and their New Humans/ Homo Novissima.
    So what now? This has become a loop. As pointed out in previous weeks, the current stance of Mutantkind toward the rest of Humanity WILL lead to a racial war down the line. Xavier espoused to the core Magneto' supremacist stance ("whatever the cost", "'til we die" ...), they are working with that potential conflict on the horizon in mind.
    They won't back off, despite their very actions possibly stirring up the flames of conflict. At the very least, that issue has put to rest the charade that Xavier is still into coexistence - he's not. If anything, he sank to a new low, with that no-precog tolerated on Krakoa policy. It is shocking, again, to see Xavier of all people agreeing to that kind of thing, like, what are they gonna do of the precogs that will inevitably be born at some point down the line? Deport them? Exile them the way they "exiled" Sabertooth last issue? What's the plan here, feed them to Emplate? And yet,those are the same people that consider themselves "superior" to the rest of Humanity? Give me a break.
    Krakoa is a facade, a charade to the gullible eyes and the unsuspecting. That nation is being led on a dark paths
    , like many others, by deluded egotists. THAT is the truth.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."