Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    That the threat is not in fact just humanity. Or just the machines. That one leads to the other, leads to the fusion that is post-humanity. Man x machine hybridization, engineered evolution. That both man and machine, and the cycle they enable are the threat to mutants.

In her next life, she immediately sets out to annihilate the Trasks. Cut off the Sentinels at the knees. Prevent the technological leap. Sentinels keep mutants in check long enough for humanity to develop Nimrod. Nimrod keeps them in check long enough to perfect post-humanity. Any of the three means the end of mutants. So she tries to take the machine out of the equation. No Sentinels, and maybe mutant society takes off fast enough to keep ahead. To push humans to extinction naturally and take their place as the successor species.

It doesn't work. The technology is always developed, by someone, somewhere. The cycle continues.

So tries to start, and win the war early, with Magneto. Before the tech is in place to establish post-humanity. Before Nimrod. It doesn't work. So she tries to eliminate humanity altogether, with Apocalypse. No humans, no man x machine hybridization. No post-humanity. It doesn't work. The machines advance too fast, humanity can't be overwhelmed.

Life Ten. Krakoa. The carrot of medicines that can cure disease. Heal the sick and the mentally ill. Stall human research and technological advancement. Make them dependent on mutants for their very health and future. With the Mother Mold destroyed, Nimrod doesn't come into existence. Mutants have bought themselves time.

This is what has changed: mutants now understand that they have been wrong about the very nature of their struggle. They are NOT the inheritors of the Earth, the next stage of humanity. They are the natural development that simply cannot compete with the technological, the random and varied mutation that cannot hold a candle to developed, planned and engineered augmentation. Magneto thought the world was theirs by right, that time was on mutants' side. Xavier thought mankind could be taught to peacefully go into that good night, smiling their way into extinction knowing how awesome their mutant successors are. That time is on the mutants' side.

But time is not on their side. Time is their enemy. Each day that passes is one step closer to an engineered humanity that no longer needs mutant development to accelerate their evolution.
    That's a pretty stark summation of it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I think I was waiting for some big HOX 2 type twist through out and it affected my enjoyment for this issue. I loved it...Don’t get me wrong and this was one hell of a ride but it just didn’t have that punch to the gut that some of the other issues had.
    I def get what you mean, it wasn't as "in your face". But as the hours pass since reading, it's lingering and lots of questions are coming up. I see by the thought-provoking posts how deep this goes. It's a pleasure to see such conversation about the X-World.

And Mystique has suddenly become very interesting to me again.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

That the threat is not in fact just humanity. Or just the machines. That one leads to the other, leads to the fusion that is post-humanity. Man x machine hybridization, engineered evolution. That both man and machine, and the cycle they enable are the threat to mutants.

In her next life, she immediately sets out to annihilate the Trasks. Cut off the Sentinels at the knees. Prevent the technological leap. Sentinels keep mutants in check long enough for humanity to develop Nimrod. Nimrod keeps them in check long enough to perfect post-humanity. Any of the three means the end of mutants. So she tries to take the machine out of the equation. No Sentinels, and maybe mutant society takes off fast enough to keep ahead. To push humans to extinction naturally and take their place as the successor species.

It doesn't work. The technology is always developed, by someone, somewhere. The cycle continues.

So tries to start, and win the war early, with Magneto. Before the tech is in place to establish post-humanity. Before Nimrod. It doesn't work. So she tries to eliminate humanity altogether, with Apocalypse. No humans, no man x machine hybridization. No post-humanity. It doesn't work. The machines advance too fast, humanity can't be overwhelmed.

Life Ten. Krakoa. The carrot of medicines that can cure disease. Heal the sick and the mentally ill. Stall human research and technological advancement. Make them dependent on mutants for their very health and future. With the Mother Mold destroyed, Nimrod doesn't come into existence. Mutants have bought themselves time.

This is what has changed: mutants now understand that they have been wrong about the very nature of their struggle. They are NOT the inheritors of the Earth, the next stage of humanity. They are the natural development that simply cannot compete with the technological, the random and varied mutation that cannot hold a candle to developed, planned and engineered augmentation. Magneto thought the world was theirs by right, that time was on mutants' side. Xavier thought mankind could be taught to peacefully go into that good night, smiling their way into extinction knowing how awesome their mutant successors are. That time is on the mutants' side.

But time is not on their side. Time is their enemy. Each day that passes is one step closer to an engineered humanity that no longer needs mutant development to accelerate their evolution.
    Very good. Thank you for this.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Technically, “Post-Humans: 9, Mutants: 0”
    I don't believe the human haters will care to make the distinction tbh

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If Mutants are destined to lose and will always lose.....I feel like what’s the point? No matter what they do the Humans will keep coming after them. This sucks.
    I think the takeaway is that UP TO THIS POINT the mutants always lose. If I did anything and failed, what, 9 times? That isn’t a number worth hanging my hat on giving up.

I’m sure I fell more than 9 times learning to walk. And I’m sure I stalled out learning to drive a manual more than that. I’m walking fine now and can drive a stick shift.

9 or 10 isn’t statistically enough to say ALWAYS lose.

Has anybody mentioned yet that augmented humans tend to have mutants as children? Fantastic Four comes to mind. If augmented people thru bioengineering become a last stage, they themselves would have mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by drupgyu View Post
    I think the takeaway is that UP TO THIS POINT the mutants always lose. If I did anything and failed, what, 9 times? That isn’t a number worth hanging my hat on giving up.

I’m sure I fell more than 9 times learning to walk. And I’m sure I stalled out learning to drive a manual more than that. I’m walking fine now and can drive a stick shift.

9 or 10 isn’t statistically enough to say ALWAYS lose.
    Pretty much this. Every living being is innately driven to survive by any means necessary and available. Mutants are no different. Anyone expecting them to lie down and die just because the odds are so terribly stacked against them doesn't know the X-Men very well, and that includes Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by drupgyu View Post
    Has anybody mentioned yet that augmented humans tend to have mutants as children? Fantastic Four comes to mind. If augmented people thru bioengineering become a last stage, they themselves would have mutants.
    That's actually a pretty good point, come to think of it. I mean, there's been debate on whether or not Spider-Man's children throughout the Multiverse would count as mutants due to being born with their abilities, albeit abilities inherited from their father, and at least one of them was explicitly trained by the X-Men growing up.

Actually, Cap is literally the first step towards post-humanity. He's engineered evolution. Improving humanity through science, not nature.
    Good fit since he opposed mutants on AvX. it all comes back

Well, first I called it! I f'ing called it, I knew Mystique would want Destiny back in order to play along. And you know what I think happens when she doesn't get what she wants? She will seek alternative means to do so and then it will start a chain of events that force Moir to make a choice.

Also, I don't know about you all but I think that this time Moira may have done something she shouldn't have when both of them say she needs to step aside and their "let them try" comment.

Finally, it is clear to me now that it wasn't Xavier who killed the dream, it was her...and frankly I think what she has done will cost more than we realize even if people don't see it yet. But what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I dont like that things were left up in the air. Which probably werent vital but everything that was blacked out should have just been revealed.

Actually let me rephrase that. I didnt like that they still had to black out information.

It had a solid ending IMO.

But I found myself getting to the last page and thinking "oh that's it"

That might be a good sign though because it meant I wanted more of the story.

Yeah I get it might come later or wasnt important to the story but still.

It's also weird that they would allow the no pre cog mutants to exist on Krakoa rule.

Guess no Blindfold resurrection.

Also someone correct me if im wrong. But was it hinted that genetically modified humans were the cause of mutants always dying out? If so why didnt they show us that time line.

The only one we got was the Nimrod.

ok wait whoa. Are genetically modified humans going to be the antagonists now? I am intrigued.
    Two questions: When did Ruth die? And what would constitute a modified human? Like are we talking the (U-men, Children of the Vault, Super heroes, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Questions/Comments:
    1. So Moira has to remain hidden & no one knows she’s on Krokoa?
    2. If she dies, this all resets.
    3. You know damn well, Mystique is gonna push the issue of Destiny being resurrected.
    4. And what happen when a precog is brought to Krokoa or wants to live there?

Great set up for “Dawn Of X!!”
    I have another question, what actions could they take should a precog be born? Given their stance i mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Oh my god, they're gonna bring back Destiny, and Destiny is going to screw everything up, because Destiny is a cocky anarchist burn-out know it all.
    Thinking about it further if Moira's choice was in the 6th life and we are now on 10, Destiny could very well know she is set to come back in this life as she got a few glimpses of Moira's life and even retains her memories of Moira. If mystique really did plant something on orchis it could be connected to her. I think Mystique could be a bigger wild card than we think because we don't know what information destiny has left with her in this life. Maybe her own "This is what you do."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Other smalltid bit that I thought was interesting: Moira is still in love with Charles.
    After her first life she dropped her husband and never went back to him.
    But after 9 lives and thousands of years, Charles is still Moira's best boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But that doesn't really mean she's strong. It just makes me wonder how you would even deal with her. Plus, she's implied to only have so much time left and she's running out of reincarnations.
    Destiny knows, hence why she is being kept dead because she is the deterrent to Moira.